Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

Something bizarre happened - I evolved a load of Pokemon earlier and checked my Pokedex. Should say Caught 121 Seen 121, but it says I've seen 124. It's just made up Kabutops, Snorlax and Exeggutor, I've never encountered any of them (seen Snorlax in Nearby but couldn't find it). This happened to anyone else?

It's bothering my OCD side lol I just wish it had glitched and said I'd seen Ditto, Mew and Mewtwo so I could show it off

Eggxecutor and Arcanine appeared on mine, thought I missed them while walking, glad it was a glitch and not me not paying attention. 

I need an an onix and tangela I can walk the rest just 290km for a Machamp. 

I've gone for the buddy that I need the most candies to evolve, don't want to waste 12km walking a squirtle and then catch one.

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

Eggxecutor and Arcanine appeared on mine, thought I missed them while walking, glad it was a glitch and not me not paying attention. 

I need an an onix and tangela I can walk the rest just 290km for a Machamp. 

I've gone for the buddy that I need the most candies to evolve, don't want to waste 12km walking a squirtle and then catch one.

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/56e00o/psa_no_your_pokédex_is_not_malfunctioning_the/

Bugger. So basically any Pokemon you encounter in gyms as of a few days ago is now added to your Pokedex despite you having no chance to capture it, that's bullshit

I'm going the opposite way with the Buddy system - Kabuto, Omanyte and Dragonair are going to take me 200-250km each to earn the candy I need to evolve them so I'm going to leave them till last in the hope that I find a few while I'm evolving more common ones (Dragonite shouldn't be that bad as I do occasionally find Dratinis, but Omanyte and Kabuto are rare as hell). So far evolved Nidoking, Raichu, Muk and Electrode using the buddy system - currently walking Rhyhorn (got 67km to go), going for Dodrio and Arcanine next.

The buddy system is great. I went for a phase of several weeks before where I couldn't evolve, hatch or find anything I didn't have, now I can evolve at least one a week from walking 10km a day

14 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemongo/comments/56e00o/psa_no_your_pokédex_is_not_malfunctioning_the/

Bugger. So basically any Pokemon you encounter in gyms as of a few days ago is now added to your Pokedex despite you having no chance to capture it, that's bullshit

I'm going the opposite way with the Buddy system - Kabuto, Omanyte and Dragonair are going to take me 200-250km each to earn the candy I need to evolve them so I'm going to leave them till last in the hope that I find a few while I'm evolving more common ones (Dragonite shouldn't be that bad as I do occasionally find Dratinis, but Omanyte and Kabuto are rare as hell). So far evolved Nidoking, Raichu, Muk and Electrode using the buddy system - currently walking Rhyhorn (got 67km to go), going for Dodrio and Arcanine next.

The buddy system is great. I went for a phase of several weeks before where I couldn't evolve, hatch or find anything I didn't have, now I can evolve at least one a week from walking 10km a day

At  least that makes sense, that is going to be annoying though as there was a Taurus in a gym near and I have no chance of getting one of them, so  I will forever have a seen but not caught on my pokedex.

Also fast pokemap is down due to new security on the pokemon go server, so it is back to hopefully wandering.

5 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Tbf that's exactly how it works in the games: All trainer pokemon you battle get marked as seen in your pokedex.

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Tbf that's exactly how it works in the games: All trainer pokemon you battle get marked as seen in your pokedex.

Yeah but they should have either had it in from the start or left it as it was, just adding it in this far into the lifecycle of the game (without retrospective action) is puzzling, it also means anyone who clicks on any full strength gyms will have 146 seen in a matter of days whereas the "seen" count before was proof of you either walking hard miles or visiting lots of different places (or outright cheating)

Went to appraise my perfect Nidoking 1800CP... Transferred the fvcking thing by mistake lol Only have 2 candy and hardly ever find the male Nidorans. What a chump

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Hatched an Aerodactyl!! Well happy with that. Nearly got enough candy for Dodrio now that a nest has appeared at Watermead and I reckon I'll have walked Growlithe enough in another 4 days to evolve him too - will be upto 125 next week

Still not over that Nidoking I accidentally binned off though, going to be months before I get another

Oh my god I caught a Lickitung. This is taking the piss now, I'll probably get Ditto and Mew tonight at this rate

2 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

The medal layout has changed; what's this +1 bonus thing mean?

It's brilliant - each medal increases your chances of catching that type of Pokemon. Gold medals have a massive impact - I'm catching all sorts of 400CP shit with standard balls now when before they'd capture 100CP and 200CP if you're lucky. Don't know if it's been leaked exactly what percentage boost they add to capture rates of same type but it's noticeable. A welcome update

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

It's brilliant - each medal increases your chances of catching that type of Pokemon. Gold medals have a massive impact - I'm catching all sorts of 400CP shit with standard balls now when before they'd capture 100CP and 200CP if you're lucky. Don't know if it's been leaked exactly what percentage boost they add to capture rates of same type but it's noticeable. A welcome update

Ah, I hadn't noticed that, I've noticed you can now train with 6 Pokemon in a gym rather than just one, which makes it easier to level up gyms and get your 'mon in there.

Not sure how that changes the prestige points. I only recently worked out that training with a lower level got you more points.

Mentioned over in the 3DS thread I've started playing Y and omg it's got this amazing 'wonder trade' feature where you put a random pokemon up for trade and get somebody else's random poke in return.  Great way to get a lot of id numbers for the lottery or simply pack out your team with faster evolving pokes, plus you might get something good out of it ie. I put a lvl 3 Pidgey up and got a lvl 20 Spoink - whose habitat I won't reach for a while yet, indeed I need to unlock a whole new Pokedex segment before I can even look at its entry - in return.  

1 hour ago, iamafox said:

The Sun/Moon demo is now available to download

Nice, do you know if there's any way of transferring save data over to the game proper?  I've already got Moon on pre-order so there's no point me getting started on a demo if it's not going to affect my decision to buy the game and I'm going to have to start all over again.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Nice, do you know if there's any way of transferring save data over to the game proper?  I've already got Moon on pre-order so there's no point me getting started on a demo if it's not going to affect my decision to buy the game and I'm going to have to start all over again.

You'll be able to transfer Greninja and items which you can sell for tons of money (Stardust, Star Piece, Nugget and Pretty Wings) to the full game.

5 hours ago, iamafox said:

You'll be able to transfer Greninja and items which you can sell for tons of money (Stardust, Star Piece, Nugget and Pretty Wings) to the full game.

Cheers for the info, just blasted through what little there is so far, it's gonna be a pain having to check in every few days for the other items/events just in case something decent comes of them.

1 hour ago, AndWhat? said:

Loving this Halloween special!

Just went for a 7km run with my Charmander. Never in a million years thought a game would get me out for a run at 6am. 

I didn't know there was an event but wondered what the fvck was going on this morning, 0.75km for Vulpix candy and Cubones all over Birstall!! Never seen one before

This is great, I'm going to make the most of it - 43 Kabuto candy, 26 Omanyte, 37 Dratini before the event runs out, will save me a shit load of walking! 1.25km instead of 5km is incredible