Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Pokemon

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I didn't know there was an event but wondered what the fvck was going on this morning, 0.75km for Vulpix candy and Cubones all over Birstall!! Never seen one before

This is great, I'm going to make the most of it - 43 Kabuto candy, 26 Omanyte, 37 Dratini before the event runs out, will save me a shit load of walking! 1.25km instead of 5km is incredible

All candies are doubled for catches and transfers too, so each caught pokemon is now potentially worth 8, and I got 27 for hatching a machop...

Edited by Captain...

37 minutes ago, Captain... said:

All candies are doubled for catches and transfers too, so each caught pokemon is now potentially worth 8, and I got 27 for hatching a machop...

Yeah, that's the only downside... I did a mass clearout yesterday getting ready for my next evolving spree lol (must have ditched 30 Pidgey, 20 Rattata, several Spearow and Weedles) - had no idea there was an event until earlier 

Already got enough Cubone candy to evolve my original hatched (perfect) Cubone, and that was the only one I'd ever got before today. Going to set an alarm for about 5am to try and get 10km extra on tomorrow's morning dog walk lol 

35 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

I've given up catching the Ghosty buggars, to much egg time wasted. It's all about the sweeeet candy.

This, although I think with one of the recent updates they seemed to fix the tracking during Pokemon encounters - I've had a few sessions recently where I've spent probably 3 minutes of a 5 minute stretch catching Pokemon and it's still calculated 0.3-0.4km at the next checkpoint, whereas before in similar circumstances it might register 0km.

But yeah when I see my avatar running to catch up with a GPS fix after a catch I shit myself and think "that's 100 metres down the toilet" so I often actively dodge Pokemon that I don't need to focus on hatching

Something a bit off-topic: I sometimes listen to TuneIn radio while playing Pokemon Go and the audio of TuneIn would play in place of PG music. Since the latest PG update if I have PG open it just stops all other audio - there a way around this?

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

19 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

This, although I think with one of the recent updates they seemed to fix the tracking during Pokemon encounters - I've had a few sessions recently where I've spent probably 3 minutes of a 5 minute stretch catching Pokemon and it's still calculated 0.3-0.4km at the next checkpoint, whereas before in similar circumstances it might register 0km.

But yeah when I see my avatar running to catch up with a GPS fix after a catch I shit myself and think "that's 100 metres down the toilet" so I often actively dodge Pokemon that I don't need to focus on hatching

Something a bit off-topic: I sometimes listen to TuneIn radio while playing Pokemon Go and the audio of TuneIn would play in place of PG music. Since the latest PG update if I have PG open it just stops all other audio - there a way around this?

Switch off the music/sfx in the options. That should do it.

57 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I listen to Spotify through headphones and when I used it today with PG it went really quiet which it didn't do before. But I found that if I paused the music with the button on the actual headphones (if you have this type of headphones) then play it again then the music was fine after that

10 hours ago, Tom's Pasta said:

Yeah unbelievable amount of cubones and meowths today, also lots of gengars and haunters around. Anyone know if there are more Pokemon in more remote areas such as in the countryside cos that's always been something I wanted to see 

Nah, get's worse. The bigger the city the better Pokemon.

Incense works best if you are in the middle of nowhere though, as in no roads, pokestops anything. 

48 minutes ago, AndWhat? said:

Nah, get's worse. The bigger the city the better Pokemon.

Incense works best if you are in the middle of nowhere though, as in no roads, pokestops anything. 

I've used an Incense when out in the sticks with no nearby Pokemon before and all it attracted was Rattatas and Weedles. Also found that Incense doesn't attract Pokemon that you don't already have, I wasted one trying to get a Doduo once (its silhouette was the only thing in the Nearby list), was pacing around for ages and it never showed up -unless that was a glitch. Coupled with the fact that it's supposed to attract one Pokemon per minute you walk yet the game only refreshes distances every 4-5 minutes, so the most I've attracted on a brisk walk has probably been about 10. It has to be the worst premium item

6 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I've used an Incense when out in the sticks with no nearby Pokemon before and all it attracted was Rattatas and Weedles. Also found that Incense doesn't attract Pokemon that you don't already have, I wasted one trying to get a Doduo once (its silhouette was the only thing in the Nearby list), was pacing around for ages and it never showed up -unless that was a glitch. Coupled with the fact that it's supposed to attract one Pokemon per minute you walk yet the game only refreshes distances every 4-5 minutes, so the most I've attracted on a brisk walk has probably been about 10. It has to be the worst premium item

Yeah incense is pretty shit. 

How far in the sticks were you? They work best when you are literally in the middle of nowhere. A few people on Reddit have used them on Cruise ships in the middle of the ocean and got some pretty decent catches with them. 

14 minutes ago, AndWhat? said:

Yeah incense is pretty shit. 

How far in the sticks were you? They work best when you are literally in the middle of nowhere. A few people on Reddit have used them on Cruise ships in the middle of the ocean and got some pretty decent catches with them. 

Not that far from civilisation lol

Although to this day by far the best Pokemon area I've found was between Ilfracombe and Woolacombe - I was staying in a tiny lodge (a really small park with about 7 lodges in) and nothing of note nearby - probably 4 miles from either town. There was a couple of nests within 1 minute walk of our lodge, constant spawns of Jigglypuff, Machop, Bellsprout, Clefairy and other ones that I barely ever come across in Leicestershire. Didn't even need Incense as the stuff on the Nearby list would show up in one of two places without fail

Get on one of them  slow small little trains that stops at just about every station known to man and hang your head and phone out the window the entire time . You'd catch lots of the little buggers surely?

Edited by MPH

3 hours ago, MPH said:

Get on one of them  slow small little trains that stops at just about every station known to man and hang your head and phone out the window the entire time . You'd catch lots of the little buggers surely?

Think the developers try to make sure that spawn points are away from railways and motorways (for obvious reasons) so probably wouldn't catch much

Just now, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

Think the developers try to make sure that spawn points are away from railways and motorways (for obvious reasons) so probably wouldn't catch much

I think its probably more to do with the train drivers having an unfair advantage, but you can believe that if you want to!!!

• Like 1

Walked10km solid this morning to get the last of my Omanyte candy, legs are knackered, had walked 10km last night too lol 

On to Dragonair, need 35 candy for Dragonite, should have that sewn up by Monday night. That'll be the last of the rare candies. Don't know whether to go for Machop, Diglett or Abra candy next as I need loads of each. Wish this event was on for another week, though I'm guessing they'll do something similar at Christmas

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndWhat? said:

I'd be dead if they did this another week.

Ran 7km on Wednesday, 8km on Thursday and 11k this morning.

I'm only brisk walking, but I'm doing everything to make a difference, even not filtering on my motorbike as traffic will up my "walking" distance lol. Used to walk 10-15km a day but over 20km at the moment. I've found a particular spot on my desk where the GPS tends to glitch at work too - used to get about 1km a day from that but Friday I got over 5km, was well happy with that

40 minutes ago, Ross-Kemp said:

128 - Tauros (Native to North America, apparently can be hatched from a 5km egg).

132 - Ditto (Legendary, doesn't hatch nor spawn).

144-146 - Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos (legendary birds).

Can only hatch them from American eggs

8 hours ago, AndWhat? said:

**** sake.

wasnt gonna go for a run tomorrow morning but just got a 10km egg and only 1 day to hatch it. 

I've heard the event runs out end of Tuesday... But I'm taking no chances. Will do a mass evolution tomorrow night and go all out for my last Dratini candy (22 remaining) and if it's still running on Tuesday that's a bonus

Upto 130 now, got enough to evolve Kabuto but not going to yet as I only have one. After tomorrow I'll have Dragonite so 131 (132 if you count Kabutops). I have 7 left to get by way of evolution, minus the 6 that don't exist yet, minus Tauros/Farfetch'd/Kangaskhan... that'll be 139 out of 142. Missing Magmar, Snorlax, Hitmonchan