Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Gerrbrand leaves

Gerrbrand Exit

Defender Patrik Gerrbrand has today (Monday) had his contract with Leicester City cancelled by mutual consent.

The 25-year-old Swede was signed by former Foxes boss Craig Levein in July 2005 from Hammarby for an undisclosed fee.

He made 17 starts during the 2005-06 campaign, but failed to cement a place in the Foxes first team line-up.

City boss Rob Kelly said: "Patrik has received an offer from a club in Norway. He wants to go back to Scandinavia and we have agreed to cancel his contract to allow him to make the move.

"We wish him all the best for the future."

Source

I would imagine, considering the efforts that CL went to to get him that he's on a lot more than McAualey so probably in the region of £5k / week, with 2 years (?) left on his contract that's £500,000.

I would imagine, considering the efforts that CL went to to get him that he's on a lot more than McAualey so probably in the region of £5k / week, with 2 years (?) left on his contract that's £500,000.

would that mean we could possibly spend 250,000 on a player and then 250,000 on his wages for 2 years? maybe that will happen.

Perhaps a fee was beyond a club from Norway. It's hardly La Liga or something out there.

If he got an offer from another club, do we really have to pay off the rest of his contract? Isn't it possible than instead of recieving a fee, we've let him go for free and without paying him off to allow him an easy move?

Well, at least we know why he left - he wanted to return to Scandinavia.

Perhaps a fee was beyond a club from Norway. It's hardly La Liga or something out there.

If he got an offer from another club, do we really have to pay off the rest of his contract? Isn't it possible than instead of recieving a fee, we've let him go for free and without paying him off to allow him an easy move?

So would I when Kenton, McAuley and McCarthey are considered better options.

<_<

I think thats what h as happened and the same with hamill who has gone to livi today hasn't he?

So would I when Kenton, McAuley and McCarthey are considered better options.

<_<

We don't know how long he's harboured this desire to return to Scandinavia - could have been long before the end of last season, perhaps he's been unsettled since before January even. Who knows?

If he's been unhappy for a while, it's likely that replacements were brought in beforehand, so if he did jump ship we weren't caught short.

I think thats what h as happened and the same with hamill who has gone to livi today hasn't he?

Dunno about that... there was no indication (not publically anyway) that another club was lined up to take him. Perhaps Livi kept an eye on the situation and knew that he was heading for the exit. It just doesn't seem as obvious as the interest didn't appear until he'd already left (well, not as far as any of us know).

Still bemused, he was one of the best footballing centre halves I have seen at this level. Comfortable in both full back positions also.

Better than McAuley and Maybury.

But if we prefer hoofers nad hackers then so be it.

No point keeping him here if he doesn't want to be.

I'm loving the optimism from everyone, i really hope Rob proves the doubters wrong!

me 2 or there will be alot of smug people on here saying "i told you so"

me 2 or there will be alot of smug people on here saying "i told you so"

No one will be smug, I hope we go up but I honestly don't see it and I don't see the point in trying to mask it.

Maybe it's not totally out of the question that a similar thing will happen with de Vries.

I think something was bound to give eventually with the amount of centre-halves we had at the club, whatever your opinion of Gerrbrand as a footballer.

We desperately need another option at left midfield though.

Archived