Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Barnsley Player Ratings ?

Weale - 7 (Good when called upon)

Naughton - 7.5 (Gets forward well as ever)

Davies - 8 (Solid)

Vitor - 8 (Awesome)

Cunningham - 7.5

Vassell - 8 (Very strong and fast. Touch is ace)

Wellens - 8.5 (Sensational again)

Abe - 8.5 (Great in his natural position)

Gallagher - 7.5

King - 7.5

Waghorn - 7 (Chased most things, needless booking)

Weale - 7 - Did what was needed all the way through

Cunningham - 7 - Little shakey and caught out by their right winger 2/3 times but otherwise solid.

Davis - 8 - Solid

Vitor - 8 - Solid

Naughton - 7.5 - Looked awesome going forward.

Gallagher - 7 - Good game again, lacks in his decision making.

Abe - 7/5 - Gets better every time!

Wellens - 8 - Solid, consistent in every game i've seen this season!

King - 8 - Quiet at times, but excellent runs and passes again.

Vassell - 7 - Few sparks of genious, one that springs to mind is when he controlled a really high pass with no effort at all.

Waghorn - 7 - Silly booking, deserves/needs a goal.

Awesome performance, City fans were epic all the way through, didn't stop singing from around half 2 until about 5!

Weale - 7 - Nothing to do

Cunningham - 7 - Another good performance, dissapointed he knocked Bruno out of the team but can definitely see why.

Davis - 8 - Brilliant again

Vitor - 8 - Another great performance

Naughton - 7 - Solid and good on the attack

Gallagher - 7 - Decent game, some good long balls, and good assist for the goal

Abe - 8 - Very good, such a good touch and looked like he was with the pace of the game throughout

Wellens - 8 - Excellent performance, very clever in everything he did

King - 8 - Great yet again and did well for the school

Vassell - 7 - Didn't seem very past but had some decent touches and showed that he has quality

Waghorn - 7 - Good cross for the goal, apart from that didn't do too much apart from a needless booking

Weale 7 (Better game. Dived bravely at people's feet, made a god stop from a low shot and another valuable tip on to safety when Barnsley threatened at the far post. Mind you his goal bore a charmed life for 20 minutes or so in the second half)

Cunningham 6.5 (Up against a tricky opponent who posed a real threat second half. Not seen so much as usual in attack but played his part in another confidence-building clean sheet).

Davis 6.5 (Little to do first half with City completely dominant. We looked a bit vulnerable to anything accurate aimed into our penalty area second half).

Vitor 8 (Again his presence was considerable and his goal to open the scoring came from his leaving himself space to run into. Timed his move perfectly onto Waghorn's curling free-kick. Won most everything in the air.)

Naughton 6.5 (Good steady game)

Gallagher 7.5 (Squeezed the perfect low cross for King to poach our second goal and looked to be forming a good understanding with King who had earlier slipped him a clever pass to offer an excellent chance. Well involved generally)

Abe 7 (Excellent first half, busy and in tune with his team-mates. A bit careless with the ball when under greater presssure second half but came through it to finish strongly).

Wellens 7.5 (Another impressive performance in the main. Kept trying to pass the ball quickly and his game is benefitting from that and, of course, from having more runners and, therefore, passing options around him).

King 8.25 (Man of the Match for me. Another win as skipper. Had another goal disallowed for an offside that may prove questionable, plundered our second goal to settle the match and worked tirelessly in every phase. Picked out Gallagher with an imaginative pass for an excellent chance that was squandered, made any number of selfless runs in attack, passed the ball crisply in midfield and never stopped organising his team-mates. Should have won a penalty too when his leg was hooked in the box.).

Vassell 6.75 (Ran into some blind alleys and remains understandably short of match sharpness but made a worthwhile contrbution and did well to last an hour. Some dangerous crosses into the box and a man who has to be marked.)

Waghorn 7 (Great curling free-kick for Vitor's goal which always looked difficult to defend. Competed for everything, posed endless problems with his movement and determined running).

Subs: Dyer 6.5 (Dangerous in the time he was on and might have scored if he hadn't just let the ball run away from him).

Howard 7.25 (Influential. His late involvement coincided with us scoring our second and re-taking control of the game. Showed lots of heart to win possession for the goal, feeding Gallagher who finally laid the goal on for King. Had a decent shot on target but shot wiide from his best chance although he was approaching the shot rather awkwardly.

Weale - 7 - Had barely anything to do but did very well with everything he had to, one very nice save down to his right secnd half impressed me.

Cunningham - 7 - Decent performance. Got forward well and made some decent tackles, did seem a bit vulnerable at times.

Davies - 8 - Solid. Was very effective when called upon.

Vitor - 8 - The same as above.

Naughton - 7.5 - Played well, made some decent tackles and was valuable going forward too. Would love these 4 permanently.

Vassell - 7 - Made some decent runs down the flank and generally put in a good shift. I'd still like to see Moussa start a few games though.

Wellens - 7.5 - Worked very hard, won a good few tackles and played some nice passes.

Abe - 8 - Played where he is best an it showed. Quality passer of the ball, very active and always seemed to be in space when he got it. Showed a fair bit of pace too.

King - 8 - Tireless performance. Played really well box to box, some stella defending and made a lot of runs into good positions. Putting the nail in the coffin was great too. Loved the passion he showed after scoring.

Gallagher - 7.5 - Pleasantly surprised me today. Worked well with Cunningham on the flank and although he was a little wasteful at times, it was generaly better than what I have seen fom him this season and the pass for the assist was quality.

Waghorn - 7 - Made a lot of runs and was better than when I last saw him against Hull. Maybe could've done more with the ball on a couple of occasions and wasn't quite the goal threat we need but not a bad performance and maybe some of that was down to playing as a lone striker

Dyer - 7 - Lively when he came on and caused them some trouble. Didn't make a game changing impact but didn't put a foot wrong so no complaints at all.

Howard - 7 - Wasn't on for long but was a good sub and could well have scored to make it 3.

Moussa wasn't really on long enough to judge.

Weale 7 - Steady, well beaten by a thunderbolt from 30 yards but otherwise the Chris Weale of last season.

Cunningham 7 - Looks very much at home, unlucky to get booked, already contributed more in 2-3 games than McGivern did in a dozen.

Davies 7.5 - Couple of loose passes but fought hard to win it back and always came out on top

Vitor 8 - Credit to Sousa for this guy, he looks the part, lovely glancing header for the opener.

Naughton 7.5 - Get your chequebook out "Top"

Gallagher 7 - Made some poor decisions but also at the heart of some flowing football, nice assist for King goal.

Abe 8 - All of a sudden looks like he's adapted to the Championship, this guy has come on so much in the last 2 games.

Wellens 7.5 - One of his better games, dug in and did the dirty stuff.

King 8 - Captain fantastic, capped it with a goal.

Vassell 7 - Looked every bit like he hadn't played since May but by 3:10pm he was neat, tidy and posed a threat.

Waghorn 7 - Ran tirelessly for the cause, needs a goal.

One thing that both surprised and impressed me about Abe today was how often he challenged and won the ball in the air. He's got a better leap than I'd given him credit for. As LilDave mentioned, as a midfield three, Abe, Wellens, and King were irrepressible, and particularly so in the first half.

Weale- 7

Naughton- 7

Davies- 8

Vitor- 8

Cunningham- 7

Vassell- 7 (Liked his first game, did well)

Abe- 8

King- 8

Wellens- 8

Gallagher- 8

Waghorn- 7

No-one had a bad game today, we didn't carry passengers which was refreshing.

Weale 7 - The Weale we know.

Naughton 7 - Quiet game, but streets ahead of any right-back we've had for years.

Cunningham 7 - Dealt well with O'Brien, stood up well.

Davies 8 - Machine, simply awesome.

Vitor 8 - Solid as a rock, nice touch on for the goal

Vassel 7 - Shaky first ten, but looks as if he's going to be quite useful.

Gallagher 7 - Best game of theseason for him, linked up well, worked hard and got a decent assist.

Wellens 7 - Sat the deepest of the three, aloowing King and Abe to destroy Barnsleys midfield.

King 9 - Man of the Match by far, simply awesome. Not looking firward to January if he carries on like this,

Abe 8 - Getting better with each game, worked his socks off, mad a mug of their right back at one point.

Waghorn 7 - Hard up front seemingly on your own, but battled well, and could've scored early on.

Dyer 7 - His pace is something else, especially against tiring egs, great sub and lookeddangerous.

Howard 7 - A big presence when he came on, did his bit for the team and was unlucky not to score.

Weale 7 - Looked comfortable

Naughton 7.5 -Up and down the wing all game

Davies -8.5 -Got a long leg in there somewhere every time

Vitor 8.5 - Looks good, distribution not always good though

Cunningham 7 - Solid, Harsh booking in my opinion

Vassell 7- Looks short of match fitness understandably but still looked dangerous, more to come I feel

Abe 8 - Awesome, so much energy and always wants the ball

Wellens 7.5 - Good but shoot, and don't try and over complicate things

Gallagher 7- Looked dangerous going forward, bottled one tackled which led to a break from them

King 9- MOTM, everywhere, so many good runs where players didnt find him

Waghorn 7- Could of scored early on, battled well up top on his own

Subs:

Howard 7- Thought his shot was going in

Dyer 7- So quick, good impact sub

All in all a very good day, two wins in a row, two clean sheets in a row, onwards and upwards now please :scarf:

One thing that both surprised and impressed me about Abe today was how often he challenged and won the ball in the air. He's got a better leap than I'd given him credit for. As LilDave mentioned, as a midfield three, Abe, Wellens, and King were irrepressible, and particularly so in the first half.

It worked because Wellens held, Abe was everywhere and King was able to make runs into the box to support Waghorn. Also another thing the players seem to be getting fitter.

weale 7- not to much to do apart from a 20 min spell were he did what was needed and looking back to him old self

naughton -6.5 personaly i still think he played well but gave the ball away more than usual but hes no robot

davies -8 solid

vitor-8 i think we may have a little gem here

cunnongham-7 caught out of position once or twice but in all had a good game

vassel-7 showed moments of quality but then moments of hes not been playing for a long time but that should come in time

abe- 8 composed, always found space with his passes

wellens-8 best game this season and for the first time in a city shirt he beat men going foward

gally-8 really starting to improve under sven set up kings goal and had there full back fuc*ed all game

king-9 was evrywhere need i say premiership quality

waggy- 7.5 ran and ran and ran, was a deserved booking and needless by him but in all means he deserved a goal for his work rate alone but its hard to fashion chances as a lonely striker

fans-10 we were top class and i think it helped the players alot

svens bow at the end -10 and ten points from 5 games keep it up svenis

Archived