Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Morrison....

Morrison has proved this season that he's not up to it, whether it's down to Pearson leaving or otherwise. Even yesterday's second goal was a result of a mix up between him and Hobbs.

I wouldn't be too fussed seeing him leave, although one thing he offers us in defence is a bit of aerial ability that we lack with Vitor or even Curtis Davies.

to Sheff Weds £250K according to the Mirror

http://www.mirrorfoo...icle659499.html

Sorry to hear that, I think he is a decent player who has been badly served by our managers this season, Sousa destroyed his confidence early on by trying to turn him into a ball playing center back over night, needed time to make that adjustment,

In a settled team he makes a decent fullback and competent backup center back but has no chance in the chaos that is currently our defense.

Sorry to hear that, I think he is a decent player who has been badly served by our managers this season, Sousa destroyed his confidence early on by trying to turn him into a ball playing center back over night, needed time to make that adjustment,

In a settled team he makes a decent fullback and competent backup center back but has no chance in the chaos that is currently our defense.

This is spot on. Morrison was a good right back last season. The back four has been a mess since Pearson left.

Sounds about right, price wise.

He has struggled in this league, whether it be down to playing style or not.

At league 1 valuations we won't get more than that, so it's all good.

Am I the only one who thinks he was one of our best players last season? He adapted to a different position- at right back where we needed cover- and was solid at the back, and chipped in with a few goals.

So how can you possibly say he's struggled in this league, yes had a bad start to the season but not been given a consistent run in the team- only 8 league starts.

At only 22, 250k is WAY too low for him.

I'm happy for him to be moved on for this fee.

He isn't up to the job we need here for the longer term,

My only concern is, with Davies going back, Vitor injured, and Morrison on his way out.

Who's going to play centre back?

The "longer term" being the Prem? Div 1 looks more likely at the moment. What we need to do is get last season's players, who were good enough to get us within a whisker of promotion but whose confidence has been taken away from them this season (Hobbs, Weale, Morrison, Berner, Fryatt), back to performing for us and providing the core of the team to build upon.

The most important task at the moment is getting back the team spirit from last season, getting the team to perform as a unit and with more conviction.

The "longer term" being the Prem? Div 1 looks more likely at the moment. What we need to do is get last season's players, who were good enough to get us within a whisker of promotion but whose confidence has been taken away from them this season (Hobbs, Weale, Morrison, Berner, Fryatt), back to performing for us and providing the core of the team to build upon.

The most important task at the moment is getting back the team spirit from last season, getting the team to perform as a unit and with more conviction.

But they played well last season because they were brought in to play a monotonous brand of defensive football which unless you bring back Pearson is not the way we will be playing in the future. These players need to adapt or go.

It would be a shame to see Morrison go as he is a decent young player, and did very well alst season at RB.

I'd actually rather have him atr RB again now over Naughton who has been very overrated by people on here. Morrison isnt as good on the ball as Naughton, but defensively is much bigger, stronger and isnt light weight, which we are at both full back positions.

And if we are ever going to score from a corner this season, he has more chance than anyone I think.

As usual Dave, very sensible post and I agree you with entirely - Morrison is a young, confidence player who served as a good utility man under Pearson - our defence is shambolic since Nige left and this has affected Morrison

Guest BlueBrett

Much rather send him out on loan than sell for a meagre 250k. He is still young as has the potential to improve. Plus if we are apparently so rich now do we really need the quarter mill? Surely its better to give the lad time to see if he develops into a more significant asset.

I like Morrison and think he has shown a lot of potential, but since Pearson left he hasn't looked the same.

Whether it is that Sousa and Sven have tried to turn him into something he's not, combined with a lack of match time or there are other problems, I think he is probably right to want to go, and we are probably right to let him go, if we sign another CB he will be way down the order and without a reserve team it is best for him to move on. £250k will be a bargain if he can rediscover the form of last season, but on current form about right.

Good luck to him.

Much rather send him out on loan than sell for a meagre 250k. He is still young as has the potential to improve. Plus if we are apparently so rich now do we really need the quarter mill? Surely its better to give the lad time to see if he develops into a more significant asset.

But he does not have the attributes to be a top level player so what is the point in keeping him. Let him go so he can continue his career in a division that is more his level.

But they played well last season because they were brought in to play a monotonous brand of defensive football which unless you bring back Pearson is not the way we will be playing in the future. These players need to adapt or go.

could not agree more, I think you've summed it up perfectly in what you've said. Of the squad Sven has inherited how many of last seasons players are reaching last seasons heights? Whoevers to blame PS, the players themselves or Sven, the only thing that is certain is that if they don't adapt they'll be out the door and be replaced by someone who Sven thinks will do the job. And I for one can't argue with that.

Archived