Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vlad the Fox

Best games for returning gamer!

My boys have asked Santa for a ps4 for Christmas and I want a piece of the action having not got my old ps2 out the box since when we moved house about 7 years ago. Looking around things seem to have moved on a lot with online gaming and such like however what are the best games? I'm going to put a game on my list to Santa but what? Looking around the 'last of us' seems a good one, but is there any good war games? WWII? Or other games out there I should be aware of.

Thanks. :)

The PS4 is the best choice. As for the games you'd be best off building up a library of some of the remasters out there cos they're pretty cheap now. Last of Us, Tomb Raider, GTAV, God of War 3, Uncharted Collection. Great games right there. More are on the way, Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain for example.

You could try the PS Now service for the older library of PS3 games such as Mass Effect 2, Dead Space etc.

Of the current crop of games you can't go wrong with Witcher 3, it's superb. GoTY for me.

The PS4 is the best choice. As for the games you'd be best off building up a library of some of the remasters out there cos they're pretty cheap now. Last of Us, Tomb Raider, GTAV, God of War 3, Uncharted Collection. Great games right there. More are on the way, Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain for example.

You could try the PS Now service for the older library of PS3 games such as Mass Effect 2, Dead Space etc.

Of the current crop of games you can't go wrong with Witcher 3, it's superb. GoTY for me.

cant argue with that

Have a look at Rocket League, cheap and hours of fun if you can't sink hours at a time into a game. Can play against your lad or hop online. Can play for 10 minutes just as easily as you can play for several hours.

I would recommend an Xbone, far more exclusives and to be honest the debate about which console is better is mute as i have had both and cannot see much difference.

I sold my PS4 to get an Xbone due to the shoddy PSN network and lack of decent games. The Last of us is an amazing game though.

I would recommend an Xbone, far more exclusives and to be honest the debate about which console is better is mute as i have had both and cannot see much difference.

I sold my PS4 to get an Xbone due to the shoddy PSN network and lack of decent games. The Last of us is an amazing game though.

More I agree, and plenty of them are good games. But It doesn't have any stand out titles like Bloodborne or dare I say it Rocket League lol. And TBF given the amount of remasters out there for the PS4 if you missed the PS3 era the amount of top games available to you is far greater on the PS4.

I will agree with you the argument that the PS4 is the far superior machine due to it's ability to output absolutely unnoticeable difference in graphical quality is one for the idiot fanboy.

Thanks. I've had a look at the games mentioned and I think the last of us is a must, was God of war on ps2 as well because it seems like a game i used to have, if so it was a great game and one I'll look at getting. Rocket league looks great fun too and one I think the kids will love playing, thing is I can't seem to find were to buy it, is it a download? Amazon are selling a voucher code for about £14.

No one mentions assassins, what are they like? As I have to say that in the years since my ps2 got packed away the adverts for the games have always made me think that I needed to get myself a new PlayStation.

Thanks. I've had a look at the games mentioned and I think the last of us is a must, was God of war on ps2 as well because it seems like a game i used to have, if so it was a great game and one I'll look at getting. Rocket league looks great fun too and one I think the kids will love playing, thing is I can't seem to find were to buy it, is it a download? Amazon are selling a voucher code for about £14.

No one mentions assassins, what are they like? As I have to say that in the years since my ps2 got packed away the adverts for the games have always made me think that I needed to get myself a new PlayStation.

Rocket League is downloadable only. Either through Steam on PC or the Playstation store on the PS4.

Beyond Two Souls is a ****ing atrocious video game

You will not go wrong with the last of us. Absolutely stunning game. You really feel involved with the story and grow attached to the characters.

God of War 3 Remaster is a must buy imo. Another visually stunning game. Running round killing gods, whats not to like?

There are plenty of games out there that you can lose hours to. The Witcher and Fallout 4 will consume your life. Just Cause 3 is out soon if you want a game that will be you running around a huge map blowing everything up.

Games you could pick up on the cheap to start off with i would suggest Far Cry and Tomb Raider. Very enjoyable games.

Saying that though If you have missed the PS3 era then i cant stress enough that Uncharted Collection should be on the top of your games list. Absolute masterpiece and will get you ready for Uncharted 4.

Happy Gaming

(Oh and Batman is really good aswel :thumbup: )

Wow lots of advice to follow lol. Thanks to Black Friday we've swapped our ps4 with FIFA 16, for a ps4 with the uncharted collection (drake) and FIFA 16 for a nice saving of £50, looking forward to Christmas Day more than usual this year, err the kids are I mean. lol, of course that's if the fat red man delivers.

Don't forget you need PS+ to play some games online, it's about £40 a year. You also get some discounts and a few free games a month, not brand new games, more indies/older titles things that cost around £8-15 usually. I don't know how old your kids are but some of the games could be right up their street. The last few months have been a bit bland, but sometimes they give out a cracker. Rocket league, for example, was free for us when it was released. I imagine the free games will pick up once the console gets a bit older.

Archived