Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Nugent

must have been a fluke when he was our top scorer for three consecutive seasons,

must have been a fluke when he scored two goals in the play offs which got us within an inch of beating watford,

must have been a fluke he has played  for england under twenty threes, and gained a cap,

must have been a fluke when he played at the begining of this season we were picking up points,

must be a coincidence since he has not been starting matches we cannot beat shite.

i like the way a lot of you people gloss over ulloa  and vardys performances, but we all know they will be

the first names on the team sheet, because pearson will never admit he gets anything wrong,

i do not rate chris wood but he is no worse than these two.

yes we need a new striker or two but ii do not think n.p is competent enough to regognise one

you are alll convinced nugent is not good enough for the prem, guess what  vardy and alloa

are certainly not , keep playing them and we will remain rock bottom, which is a shame because

some of the others are looking sharp at present, in particular cambiasso and mahraz.

Personally think the formation we started with against Man City would suit Nugent better than it would Vardy and would like to see him start against West Ham.

You can't be serious? What threat would be pose playing upfront on his own? At least Vardy has lightening pace and doesn't give defenders a minutes peace. Nugent up top on his own would be a disaster.

I just can't believe what I read on here sometimes.

Wood (useless as he is), Vardy and Ulloa would all be better options than Nugent playing upfront on his own.

You can't be serious? What threat would be pose playing upfront on his own? At least Vardy has lightening pace and doesn't give defenders a minutes peace. Nugent up top on his own would be a disaster.

I just can't believe what I read on here sometimes.

Wood (useless as he is), Vardy and Ulloa would all be better options than Nugent playing upfront on his own.

He did it for many games at the end of last season following Vardy's injury and suprisingly did it very well. His control is better than Vardy as is his link play. Looked sharp when he came on against Villa and has a point to prove.

I'm not saying its the answer to all of our problems, but whacking it long into the corners for Vardy to run on to or long for Ulloa to flick on hasnt exactly reaped its rewards.

Nugent has hardly played in the slump but people are very quick to lay the blame at his feet?

He's our only strike option with Premiership experience and our most effective attacking performances this season all had him in

He did it for many games at the end of last season following Vardy's injury and suprisingly did it very well. His control is better than Vardy as is his link play. Looked sharp when he came on against Villa and has a point to prove.

I'm not saying its the answer to all of our problems, but whacking it long into the corners for Vardy to run on to or long for Ulloa to flick on hasnt exactly reaped its rewards.

Nugent has hardly played in the slump but people are very quick to lay the blame at his feet?

He's our only strike option with Premiership experience and our most effective attacking performances this season all had him in

He may have done it last season, but that was in the championship. I've personally been amazed at the step up this season- Vardy did a great turn in the box Sat- defender got the ball. Vardy had a great run on Sat towards goal- defender got the ball. The step up is huge. He does those two things last season and he'd probably have scored two goals.

I haven't blamed Nugent for the slump, but he's nowhere near good enough. He's not the only one and Vardy may prove not to be either, but he's way more of a threat. Nugent did ok at the start of the season in the little link up role he played- play him on his own and he is absolutely no threat whatsoever in my opinion.

Problem Pearson has is that we definitely looked better on sat with 3 in the middle, but that formation means a lone striker is really the only option if you want balance (eg two wide men). Problem with a lone striker is when our defenders clear it long which they inevitably have to do on occasion, it just comes straight back at us, especially if it's Vardy or Nugent up there. Ulloa has more physical presence, but then can he play up top on his own? I doubt it. He's not mobile enough.

So many friends of mine who aren't Leicester fans asked me over the season about Nugent- they assume he's a good player because of his record last season. I thought he was average a lot of last season too, and I bet my life that if we'd managed to bring another striker in this season he'd barely have played in the prem with us.

For me, we need to find a system quickly that utilises our best players- Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Vardy.

He may have done it last season, but that was in the championship. I've personally been amazed at the step up this season- Vardy did a great turn in the box Sat- defender got the ball. Vardy had a great run on Sat towards goal- defender got the ball. The step up is huge. He does those two things last season and he'd probably have scored two goals.

I haven't blamed Nugent for the slump, but he's nowhere near good enough. He's not the only one and Vardy may prove not to be either, but he's way more of a threat. Nugent did ok at the start of the season in the little link up role he played- play him on his own and he is absolutely no threat whatsoever in my opinion.

Problem Pearson has is that we definitely looked better on sat with 3 in the middle, but that formation means a lone striker is really the only option if you want balance (eg two wide men). Problem with a lone striker is when our defenders clear it long which they inevitably have to do on occasion, it just comes straight back at us, especially if it's Vardy or Nugent up there. Ulloa has more physical presence, but then can he play up top on his own? I doubt it. He's not mobile enough.

So many friends of mine who aren't Leicester fans asked me over the season about Nugent- they assume he's a good player because of his record last season. I thought he was average a lot of last season too, and I bet my life that if we'd managed to bring another striker in this season he'd barely have played in the prem with us.

For me, we need to find a system quickly that utilises our best players- Cambiasso, Drinkwater, Mahrez and Vardy.

How have you already managed to decide that Nugent's not good enough for us this season but that Vardy's one of our best players when he's played much more than Nugent has, and as a line striker at times with plenty of chances coming to him, and has only managed to score as many as Nugent? Every match he ruins chances with poor touches, wastes runs with poor decisions, wastes runs by running directly into defenders, misses chances that should be goals, etc. I thought he'd be great this season too but your opinions clearly have nothing to do with how well they've been playing.

Nugent has one really bad match, attempts a shot from a distance but mis-hits it, doesn't play since then and you, and a lot of other people decide that he's not good enough and that the shot was a disgrace and that he did it because he's terrified of the ball (ignoring the fact that he attempted a shot a few matches later from a similar distance on a half volley and drew a spectacular save from the keeper). Vardy plays horribly for like 11 matches and he's still one of our best players. People just don't like Nugent and don't want to apply the same criticisms to anybody else, and whenever somebody addresses this the response is always just a bunch of babbling to make it seem as though you don't completely hate him, ending with: 'I just don't think he's good enough for this league and the sooner we're rid of him the better.' Am I missing the part where he stabbed a fan or pissed on Filbert or what

How have you already managed to decide that Nugent's not good enough for us this season but that Vardy's one of our best players when he's played much more than Nugent has, and as a line striker at times with plenty of chances coming to him, and has only managed to score as many as Nugent? Every match he ruins chances with poor touches, wastes runs with poor decisions, wastes runs by running directly into defenders, misses chances that should be goals, etc. I thought he'd be great this season too but your opinions clearly have nothing to do with how well they've been playing.

Nugent has one really bad match, attempts a shot from a distance but mis-hits it, doesn't play since then and you, and a lot of other people decide that he's not good enough and that the shot was a disgrace and that he did it because he's terrified of the ball (ignoring the fact that he attempted a shot a few matches later from a similar distance on a half volley and drew a spectacular save from the keeper). Vardy plays horribly for like 11 matches and he's still one of our best players. People just don't like Nugent and don't want to apply the same criticisms to anybody else, and whenever somebody addresses this the response is always just a bunch of babbling to make it seem as though you don't completely hate him, ending with: 'I just don't think he's good enough for this league and the sooner we're rid of him the better.' Am I missing the part where he stabbed a fan or pissed on Filbert or what

I don't hate Nugent at all, but he's not good enough. He will not play many games this season for us, he won't go to another prem side and score loads of goals, and he will return to being an average championship player. Vardy isn't having a good season either, but he's miles better than Nugent and a lot more dangerous. Looks like Pearson agrees too. I'd take his opinion over yours considering he sees them every day.

You're exactly right. We need to utilise those players and tge 3 in the middle is a must. So the man up front on his own needs to have a good work rate and decent control to link the play. Vardy and Ulloa only fulfill one of these criteria whereas Nugent fills both.

I dont disagree that he isnt top drawer Prem quality but neither is Vardy and the problem I see when we play Vardy is he's almost too direct with his play. Sometimes charging forward at pace isnt the best option but thats vardy's game.

We need to retain the ball more and I do think that Nugent could provide that up front until January when hopefully we'll get someone of genuine quality in.

Vardy and Nugent play different roles.

Nugent should definitely not play as a lone striker as he’s not really a striker at all. Nugent has been very successful for us in the Number 10 role.

Vardy needs to change his game. There is little point charging around at most Premiership defenders. They are too good and will just pass the ball around him. If Vardy is to be successful at this level he needs to concentrate on scoring goals.

At the moment I would say that Nugent has more chance of being successful at Premiership level. He has suffered more than most from a drop in confidence. He needs to get it back.

Vardy has played well at times but there has been little end product apart from the Man United game. 1 goal from 14 games this season tells its own story.

If we're going to play 4-5-1 he should play behind Ulloa for me, Cambiasso and which ever one out of James Drinkwater is playing the least dire at that given moment playing behind them. Until January anyway when we can buy a proper number top level number 10 because as much as he's done for the club he's not good enough to be automatic starter at this level, ok for the squad but not playing week in week out.

Nugent simply doesn't have the pace to play the line striker role, Vardy does and despite a lack of quality his pace and tenacity does win us a lot of possession in the final third either through him being direct or chasing down a ball in the channel.

I have a feeling if we remove Vardy from the side we'll again be creating next to nothing in terms of chances.

must have been a fluke when he was our top scorer for three consecutive seasons,

must have been a fluke when he scored two goals in the play offs which got us within an inch of beating watford,

must have been a fluke he has played  for england under twenty threes, and gained a cap,

must have been a fluke when he played at the begining of this season we were picking up points,

must be a coincidence since he has not been starting matches we cannot beat shite.

i like the way a lot of you people gloss over ulloa  and vardys performances, but we all know they will be

the first names on the team sheet, because pearson will never admit he gets anything wrong,

i do not rate chris wood but he is no worse than these two.

yes we need a new striker or two but ii do not think n.p is competent enough to regognise one

you are alll convinced nugent is not good enough for the prem, guess what  vardy and alloa

are certainly not , keep playing them and we will remain rock bottom, which is a shame because

some of the others are looking sharp at present, in particular cambiasso and mahraz.

Obviously a wind up, but I will bite..

Ulloa is our best centre forward by an absolute country mile. Everything from his hold up play, work rate, finishing etc is brilliant. That is why he is undroppable (would have started vs Man City had it not been for the knock at Villa). Don't get me wrong, it was great when Nugent was scoring loads in the Championship- but frankly, we are not in that league anymore and Nugent is woeful at this level. People need to wake up and realise that not every player can make the step up, Nugent is not alone in this category by any means, but to put Ulloa in this company is obscene.

People who still want to see David Nugent in a Leicester shirt on a Saturday afternoon are watching a completely different game to me.

Are you seeing our current strikers banging them in left, right and centre leading our charge up the league with no errors or flaws in their game?

Nugent isnt a long term solution but if we need a front man to be mobile and hold up play, I think he's a better option than Vardy.

well said ben , observant honest and cerebral post not blindly following the status quo like so many.

Are you seeing our current strikers banging them in left, right and centre leading our charge up the league with no errors or flaws in their game?

Nugent isnt a long term solution but if we need a front man to be mobile and hold up play, I think he's a better option than Vardy.

I know that Ulloa will get on the end of a cross. I know that Vardy will sprint clear and, eventually, put one away. I know Nugent will do nothing.

I know that Ulloa will get on the end of a cross. I know that Vardy will sprint clear and, eventually, put one away. I know Nugent will do nothing.

You're missing the bigger picture but thats fine. Just carry on waiting for Vards to sprint clear and put one away.

Eventually.

You're missing the bigger picture but thats fine. Just carry on waiting for Vards to sprint clear and put one away.

Eventually.

Vardy sprinted clear a few times, and on one occasion was within a whisker of firing into the net, denied only by a fabulous piece of ddefending. On another occasion he earned a stone-cold pen; shame the ref was blind. Surely it's going to happen for him very soon.

Vardy depends on a fast ball delivered in front of him to run on to

Uloa depends on a high ball on his head swung in from the wing 

Nuge depends on a getting the ball just outside the area (Villa)

who has been providing for Nuge this season 

dont blame him blame the midfield - no playmakers feeding him for most of the games we have lost

no point Nuge or Ulloa dropping back to find the ball they are not that kind of player

Archived