Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Fine margins

Yeah we have memories and support Leicester, think we all pretty much remember what's happened in the last 22 games. Are you just aiming to make us feel more miserable? Is that literally the point of this thread?

the difference between a team like us and sunderland is they managed to make some of the L's into D's.

you don't have to win all the time but turning any 6 of the 1 goal losses into  draws and we'd still be in with a shout of getting out of jail.

Yeah we have memories and support Leicester, think we all pretty much remember what's happened in the last 22 games. Are you just aiming to make us feel more miserable? Is that literally the point of this thread

I read your posts with interest Mark W - you have defended Nigel to the hilt and even his Mrs must have less belief in him than you but really, he isn't good enough for our club, and surely that is more important?

It's disappointing that we're trotting out "at least we've not been thrashed" but I'd much rather lose 2-0 than 5-0, it's not much of an achievement but this season could have been much more miserable.

It's disappointing that we're trotting out "at least we've not been thrashed" but I'd much rather lose 2-0 than 5-0, it's not much of an achievement but this season could have been much more miserable.

I'm actually finding the mediocrity of this season the most galling aspect.

Where are the comedy memories? The 'were you then when we got thrashed by X'? All we'll have is "do you remember that 2-1?"

Come the end of May, it's actually just about possible that our goal difference might keep us up.

having got to this stage, I suspect the manager is continually harping on about not getting tonked.

I imagine he has looked at the last 8 games and decided that they will make or break us. We are already broken but not quite lost the instructions to put it all back together.

I'm actually finding the mediocrity of this season the most galling aspect.

Where are the comedy memories? The 'were you then when we got thrashed by X'? All we'll have is "do you remember that 2-1?"

We haven't been embarrassed live on tv, sure we've performed dreadfully but we haven't seen a side put 6 past us like Derby had most weeks in their prem season - I don't think they appreciated the comedy.

Come the end of May, it's actually just about possible that our goal difference might keep us up.

having got to this stage, I suspect the manager is continually harping on about not getting tonked.

I imagine he has looked at the last 8 games and decided that they will make or break us. We are already broken but not quite lost the instructions to put it all back together.

Listen lads. Lose as many as you want til end of March. We can turn it on its head in April and May

Seriously...

Up there with the worst threads i've seen on here.

What is the point? We all know the situation we've been in and we all know how easy it is to bend facts.

We've not been turned over this season and we've been competitive in each fixture we've played in. Which means we've been beaten by fine margins.

These margins are any combination of;

-Not being good enough.

-Poor refereeing.

-Luck.

-Individual mistakes.

Today comes down to the first two. Man City would have won either way because they're a quality side but the referee had a mare and we should have had more from the game but for awful decision making.

To say we've got what we've deserved based on that stat is narrow mindedness at it's hilarious worst.

Up there with the worst threads i've seen on here.

What is the point? We all know the situation we've been in and we all know how easy it is to bend facts.

We've not been turned over this season and we've been competitive in each fixture we've played in. Which means we've been beaten by fine margins.

These margins are any combination of;

-Not being good enough.

-Poor refereeing.

-Luck.

-Individual mistakes.

Today comes down to the first two. Man City would have won either way because they're a quality side but the referee had a mare and we should have had more from the game but for awful decision making.

To say we've got what we've deserved based on that stat is narrow mindedness at it's hilarious worst.

Which of those 22 did we deserve something from? I can only think of Spurs at home and possibly Arsenal away.

10 points out of a possible 66. That's like finishing a season in the football league on around 21 points. Hopeless. Worst team in the league? Try worst team in the country!

Guest ttfn

Which of those 22 did we deserve something from? I can only think of Spurs at home and possibly Arsenal away.

Well some of those 22 we did actually get something from. We deserved *something* from:

Burnley

Newcastle (and we were doggo in that game)

WBA

QPR

Spurs

Liverpool

Villa (H)

Palace (H)

Everton

All things being equal I don't think 15 points would have flattered us from the last 22 games. That is obviously still absolutely desperate but I don't think we've quite got what we've deserved based on the pattern of the games, chances created etc.

Unfortunately we have been shit in both boxes so on a purely reductive goals = quality basis we've got exactly what we deserved just like every football side ever.

Guest ttfn

QPR was a cracking game, possibly there.

Vardy should have had a hat truck that day and Schmeichel played like he had lead in his boots. That second goal for QPR where he let the ball travel 40 yards into his six yard box still makes me a little bit cross (great pun intended).

Then did we deserve to win at Stoke and Hull?

Course we bloody didn't.

I read your posts with interest Mark W - you have defended Nigel to the hilt and even his Mrs must have less belief in him than you but really, he isn't good enough for our club, and surely that is more important?

You know I've always been stubbornly in support of Pearson, but you've really won me round with that compelling argument.

Archived