Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue and white

What do you miss most about being a kid?

On 17 November 2016 at 16:03, MPH said:

Star Fleet on the telly Saturday morning

Chips on the telly around sunday lunch time

Fish and chips wrapped in news papers

a 1/4 of choc lick costing 30p from that newsagents on clarendon Park road ( from that man who had well weird hands who  parents complained about and made him wear white gloves).

Sherbet dips

Pacers ( kind of like chewits but a minty green flavour and were green and white stripes)

Playing marbles on the drain covers

Being able to go for a long walk with my sisters with just a jam butty in my carrier bag without my mum freaking out

School trips to Beaumanor Hall and Hothorpe Hall

Not having to pay bills

Although I was in my late 20's, can still remember my three small lads at the time singing "send a message out across the sky, alien raiders just past Gemini" or something like that! (Star Fleet)

One of the things I remember is going down the offo at 15 and buying a manns brown and packet of crisps and finishing them before I got home. Also chips were cooked properly unlike most chippies today who don't give value for money. 

The Crystal Maze.

Mr Blobby (would actually watch again on tape if had an option to instead of the numerous rubbish flying around in modern tv, much more entertaining imo).

Street Fighter toys.

Recess.

Power Rangers.

The House Of The Dead arcade (+ Sega).

Not knowing that: Life is a futile struggle against the forces of entropy and decay; that we're all deserted on a tiny speck of arable land in a sea of inhospitable planets, light years from the nearest stars and the other barren specks of land that accompany them in an endless expanse of darkness that stretches to infinity; that amongst all this emptiness we were fortunate enough to take the form of an arbitrary collection of molecules that happened to be in the correct arrangement to bestow sentience on the collective unit and that this formation took place on the one currently known rock in the otherwise lifeless vacuum capable of sustaining advanced lifeforms; that the chance of us even coming into existence are infinitesimally small and that somehow this apparent miracle as some would call it means we have to share our incredibly unlikely and precious self-aware existence with beings who find value in social constructs that are, almost impressively, somehow even more infinitely pointless than this whole existence thing, creations such as "Piers Morgan" or "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"..

6 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Although I was in my late 20's, can still remember my three small lads at the time singing "send a message out across the sky, alien raiders just past Gemini" or something like that! (Star Fleet)

One of the things I remember is going down the offo at 15 and buying a manns brown and packet of crisps and finishing them before I got home. Also chips were cooked properly unlike most chippies today who don't give value for money. 

That's because chips were cooked in lard, you would do well to find anywhere that does that now.

8 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Not knowing that: Life is a futile struggle against the forces of entropy and decay; that we're all deserted on a tiny speck of arable land in a sea of inhospitable planets, light years from the nearest stars and the other barren specks of land that accompany them in an endless expanse of darkness that stretches to infinity; that amongst all this emptiness we were fortunate enough to take the form of an arbitrary collection of molecules that happened to be in the correct arrangement to bestow sentience on the collective unit and that this formation took place on the one currently known rock in the otherwise lifeless vacuum capable of sustaining advanced lifeforms; that the chance of us even coming into existence are infinitesimally small and that somehow this apparent miracle as some would call it means we have to share our incredibly unlikely and precious self-aware existence with beings who find value in social constructs that are, almost impressively, somehow even more infinitely pointless than this whole existence thing, creations such as "Piers Morgan" or "I'm a celebrity get me out of here"..

You didn't get out much as a kid, did you?

On 18/11/2016 at 16:18, Merging Cultures said:

Snow used to be neck deep.

Summer never ended.

Conkers were a serious investment.

Going to my Dad's work events, smelling the cigar smoke and having my hand crushed by giants of men when they shook my hand.

Pretending to be asleep in the car and having to be carried out.

I wonder what my kids will miss.

I used to do that too even that I have no idea why I did it lol

• 2 weeks later...

Archived