Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CKB

What worries you the most right now?

There's probably been similar threads but I just wanted to gage what people are concerned about the most

Mine are...

Mistakes just not being learnt

More or less week after week I'm seeing the same shit happen. Lumping the ball forward to the likes of Vardy, Musa, Okazaki. Why is this continuously always happening? It doesn't work so stop it! it's not hard!!!!

Style of play

Most part it's been so negative, why? Teams may have found us out and especially the teams with the tactically superior managers but there's been a number of games where we simply just don't bother, don't try anything and just go through the motions and end up looking shockingly poor. This also ties into the fact we seem to give up far to easily nowadays. Go 1 down and it's more or less game over! That's a dramatic change in attitude from last season and very worrying!

Players form

Vardy, Mahrez, Huth, Morgan, Fuchs all have been for the most part poor this season. Vardy may struggle with service at times, but he's still not bothering enough, he jogs around when once he would've bust a nut to keep a ball in play or hassle a player into making an error! Mahrez has been a passenger for most games, seems like his head isn't truly at LCFC anymore. Huth & Morgan play like drunks most weeks, Morgan at times looks unfit and Fuchs seems to have developed clumsiness when trying to tackle and gives so many cheap fouls away. Contracts haven't helped, success seems to have bred a lazy mindset for quite a number of players this season. Did the board cave in to soon after success? I think they did! I think some of these players need to realise that while they won a PL title (in a crazy season, but deserved) they haven't become Ronaldo's over night. It does make me wonder if they have the mindset that they have won a title and that makes THEM too good to go down. They need a reality check. They have already achieved the worst title defence in history and yes I know we weren't gonna win it again but it's still a defence and it's been an embarrassment so far

Ranieri's decisions

Leaving it always till about the 65th/70 min to make any changes when it was obviously not working and needed changing way before! The mistreatment of Gray, plays him, drops him, takes him off and repeat. Whatever anyone says Ranieri has got more wrong this season than last and it was summed up yesterday with utterly bizarre decisions! The players had no clue! Is this another issue? is there a communication issue at times? 

Ranieri's post match comments 

It's ok trying to protect players but you can't say "we played good" in games we were utterly shit in! Doesn't that just breed a wrong mindset for the team aswell?

Transfer policy

This goes from the summer, it's been shocking! We needed midfielders we ended up getting one in the Jan window. We needed new CB's we haven't even got one, we needed genuine competition to put pressure on Morgan and Huth. Also an aging CB pairing isn't gonna work forever. We also needed genuine RB competition and it never was sought after 

So basically how does this mess get sorted? Well if the rot has set in to much then it's gonna be very hard. It can be sorted, we have enough about us to break clear of any relegation worries BUT home truths need to be told, reality checks need to be hit home. It's overall a disjointed mess right now but there's still time for this mess to be rectified

6 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Climate change

3 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

The possibility of a second financial crisis in quick succession

Wankers lol

Style of play definitely. We are absolute dirge at the minute and create nothing. I heard players like Alli and Winks talking about how they love being at a club playing good football and pressing teams high up the pitch. Absolutely no player would enjoy playing for us currently, especially not creative/'talented' players. It's odd as Ranieri said after the Palace game that it wad the Leicester he'd been wanting to see, and we got in Palaces face and played quick stuff that game. Fvck knows why we look so negative all the time.

5 minutes ago, sdb said:

We don't know our best system, our best players aren't on form, our centre backs are slow and exposed (fixing point 1 would solve this short term) and I don't think the management is that tactically astute. 

I should've just wrote this, basically summed up everything I'm concerned about in less time lol

All of the above, one way or another, it's like we are waiting for the city we have got to know click, but something is stopping it.

I personally think the squad before last season were average players, with a big of flair in mahrez.

Kante came in and made a difference, and now he's gone, and the players after a freak season, have returned to the standard of before.

Like I say, I think all your points could be a contribution to the lack of quality, consistency, and results this season.

So in hindsight, which is a great thing, we should have invested better, upgrade on an aging defence, upgrade on the midfield, king, Albrighton, are average, Mendy was unlucky to get injured, but still poor investment in the summer.

Okazaki isn't going to get goals, Leo is Leo, silmani has done ok, musa not so well, so investment in this area was not great.

I think we need to accept last season was a freak, and in reality we are no better now than we were 2 years ago, and we are as good as where we are, and not the mid table side, I at least thought we had become.

I'm a bit frustrated by things at the moment, but far from worried. If I supported Forest or Cov I'd be worried. But we're the PL champions and achieved the ultimate goal in English football. Whatever happens from now on is a bonus really, and we've got rich owners so we're pretty financially secure in the grand scheme of things. After last season I've got no energy left to worry about football any more. 

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

Style of play definitely. We are absolute dirge at the minute and create nothing. I heard players like Alli and Winks talking about how they love being at a club playing good football and pressing teams high up the pitch. Absolutely no player would enjoy playing for us currently, especially not creative/'talented' players. It's odd as Ranieri said after the Palace game that it wad the Leicester he'd been wanting to see, and we got in Palaces face and played quick stuff that game. Fvck knows why we look so negative all the time.

We may have been found out but it certainly doesn't stop us from being negative. It's like we have become scared or have forgotten how to get in teams faces 

4 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I'm a bit frustrated by things at the moment, but far from worried. If I supported Forest or Cov I'd be worried. But we're the PL champions and achieved the ultimate goal in English football. Whatever happens from now on is a bonus really, and we've got rich owners so we're pretty financially secure in the grand scheme of things. After last season I've got no energy left to worry about football any more. 

Maybe that's it, if after last season the hangover you are feeling has affected the players lol

edit doesn't sound right, every once of energy they had was put in last season, and they are burn't out with football 

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

Our fickle fans turning on our new players, the manager and those who delivered the title last season.

Have they though, ok people moan on here, groan when we play like we have.

Not seen abuse to any of them, no booing, no toxic atmospheres, so other than a moan on the radio, forums, I think considering some of the performances, the fans have stuck with them at matches.

Just now, Izzy Muzzett said:

Oh I agree but let's face it football can change in the blink of an eye. We are where we are now but one day we could be a Cov/Forest again and they could be doing well. Look at Leeds, it seems like it's there turn to rise up again

Of course I'm hoping we have many years of success/stability and stay in the top flight forever if possible! But I always have that feeling at the back of my mind that's like "oh we will go down, we will end up struggling again" maybe that's just the LCFC fans way of thinking at times lol

Guest CityFan 06

The fact we could've pushed on and not settled for a relegation battle / lower half battle still niggles me. We may well still push on this season and start to go on a run, but it feels like we're always waiting for that. It's saddening how we've dropped so dramatically when there was real potential to develop. 

I hope against hope after this season (providing we stay up), the club are still ambitious to push on and become a top ten or top half Premier League team, including competing for Europe. That is what we should be looking at in a realistic sense. 

This is a very capable squad, albeit in need of a few signings in key positions here and there.

8 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Our fickle fans turning on our new players, the manager and those who delivered the title last season.

Oh I'm certainly not doing that! But you have to be allowed to question Ranieri though? I love the guy but he's got a lot wrong this season 

What worries me is that Claudio is clueless to what he is doing, talk about over complicating things.

This is starting to show on the pitch , the players don't know there roles and the uncertainty is going to drag us down.

I think with all these new signings Claudio is struggling to fit them in, rather than being ruthless he is trying to please everyone and ain't working, whether that's got to with the money spent and he needs to justify them I don't know, but it must have some bearing.

Archived