Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CKB

What worries you the most right now?

This one is obvious really. We seem to have little clear game plan, concede too many and don't create enough.

I was watching the highlights of last season, last night and it's just bizarre. Kante apart, it's the same bloody squad! Yet the standard of the football we are playing, the speed of our game  (I think THAT'S the main issue..We've become pedestrian).

One thing I did notice (maybe no surprise)...the amount of goals we scored last season that were started by Kante nipping in, winning the ball, bursting forward and giving it (or winning it and giving it to Drinkwater to make the pass) is quite marked. That is something we've so lost. Our midfield this season has won it, with little forward burst, instead picking a 5 yard sideways pass.

For anyone really looking, it's blindingly obvious. 

I just think we need to accept that what we did was incredible and should never be forgotten but I think we need to have a bit of a reboot. We need to start playing a better brand of football and I never thought I'd say that.

Southampton are a club I wanted us to aspire to when we were promoted and my view hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

I've got more important things to worry about right now. I've got a yoghurt to finish by today, the expiry date is today. That can be my priority.

You needn't worry about that mate. I regularly eat yoghurt several days out of date and have never had any issues. Unless there's mould growing on it, or it smells/tastes off, it should be OK.

There are so many things, but mainly how we seem to take one step forward and follow it with several backwards, just take a look at the last month.

Beat Man City at home, lose to Bournemouth

Scramble backs-to-the-wall-draw against Stoke, lose to Everton

Beat West Ham, turgid non-existant attacking display against Boro

Beat Everton in cup, get clobbered by Chelsea

Earlier in the season we comprehensively beat Palace then went and got a point at Spurs. We then lost to West Brom and Watford in the next two matches. Inconsistency is absolutely killing us.

Since we beat Man City we've played six league games and scored three goals, and in the four we didn't score we never really looked like getting near the goal. 

We keep being told that every victory or draw is something to build on, and then we go and just disprove those words. We were told the form was an anomaly, when the group stages are over we'll push on.

MY worry is that I believe that shingi has to start to enable us to play thru the channelsand to press high - and either Gray or Riyad have to start (for creativity) - yet Claudio doesn't agree. I am sad about that coz I think I am right - but he is ignoring my calls.

WE now have mendy and Ndidi to add to the CMs... the centre backs can be sorted int he summer.   

Guest Foxin_mad

The biggest worry is the fixture list. Looking through it now I can see about 15 points from wins maximum, is that enough to save us?

19 hours ago, CKB said:

It's not negative? It's simply stating an opinion! Can you honestly tell me we have been great this season? Can you honestly say Ranieri hasn't made some bizarre decisions? I'm just trying to gage what people think without them blue tinted glasses and mindset of well CR won us the league he can't be criticised! Fergie won numerous titles he still was criticised at times. There's nothing wrong with that, doesn't mean I'm a Claudio hater as I'm not I want him to get us over this but I'm just sharing my thoughts

The idiots who criticised Fergie when he made errors need to be lined up and shot.

Im all for discussion but this topic reminds me of a chat I had with an ex-girlfriend a few years ago. It all started well with her asking me what I like about her most and I reeled off a positive list. Before I knew it she was asking me what I dislike about her. When I said nothing it changed to what I would change, even small things. I knew this was going nowhere as whatever I said that was remotely negative she would wheel it out on future. She is now an ex. OK maybe I shouldve have said that she could have done with slightly bigger baps and be a bit more flexible but that isnt the point lol

Anyway, I understand why these topics exist but maybe and maybe Im being pedantic here but I would prefer the context to be positive. This is like a list of issues that gives me the most concern and basically I havent got any. Of course we all want to be playing Barcelona football scoring 8 goals a game and be more concerned about the next song we are going to create mocking those who we have just trashed but lets get real, we are Leicester City and then can do no wrong for about 50 years.

We lost Kante who made our old system work. After half a season Claudio has finally changed the system, but now we have Ndidi we can possibly go back to last seasons tactics.

There was an interview with Troy Deeney recently where he said last season people we're expecting Leicester to be so effective, and by the time clubs started adjusting the players were in such a groove and confidence was so high that even when they adjusted to us it didn't matter, the team was gelling so well that they just carried on doing what they do best.

We've lost our funk a little bit, but history suggests that if Claudio can bring on the jazz and get the player's confidence back, the team are more than capable of going on an epic run.

We lost Kante who made our old system work. After half a season Claudio has finally changed the system, but now we have Ndidi we can possibly go back to last seasons tactics.

There was an interview with Troy Deeney recently where he said last season people weren't expecting Leicester to be so effective, and by the time clubs started adjusting to us the players were in such a groove and confidence was so high that it didn't matter, the team was gelling so well that they just carried on doing what they do best.

We've lost our funk a little bit, but history suggests that if Claudio can bring on the jazz and get the player's confidence back, the team are more than capable of going on an epic run.

The defence is the major worry. As a squad I dont think it's actually that bad at all but the defence is sticking out like a sore thumb.

Morgan and Huth have been great servants for us and well worth their place in Leicester City folklore but I'm convinced that their time has passed. We were very fortunate that they didnt get injured last season but both are 33 this year and as the cliche goes time waits for no one. Fuchs is a solid enough player still but there has been times that him and Simpson have shown their age too.

Hernandez has been the most disappointing of the new signings.

If we had at least 1 more assured defender then I wouldnt be as concerned as I am. 2 weeks to try and rectify it somehow.Over to you Claudio..

2 hours ago, crazyleicester said:

The idiots who criticised Fergie when he made errors need to be lined up and shot.

Im all for discussion but this topic reminds me of a chat I had with an ex-girlfriend a few years ago. It all started well with her asking me what I like about her most and I reeled off a positive list. Before I knew it she was asking me what I dislike about her. When I said nothing it changed to what I would change, even small things. I knew this was going nowhere as whatever I said that was remotely negative she would wheel it out on future. She is now an ex. OK maybe I shouldve have said that she could have done with slightly bigger baps and be a bit more flexible but that isnt the point lol

Anyway, I understand why these topics exist but maybe and maybe Im being pedantic here but I would prefer the context to be positive. This is like a list of issues that gives me the most concern and basically I havent got any. Of course we all want to be playing Barcelona football scoring 8 goals a game and be more concerned about the next song we are going to create mocking those who we have just trashed but lets get real, we are Leicester City and then can do no wrong for about 50 years.

I get what you mean and these topics do have a habit of derailing into something else but overall it's genuinely been just concerns and nothing else well minus the erection jokes lol

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

That we've abandoned our style of play. The few times we've played the high intensity press this season we've clobbered sides - yet we seem to not want to play that way. 

I agree.

The question is why? I simply think that Ranieri doesn't feel we have the players to do this.

One man a team don't make, but Kante was brilliant at this. He's been an even bigger loss than any of us thought, and most thought it would be big.

The same old, same old conclusions we get from CR after every game is really beginning to grate with me.

I don't expect him to come out and give the players a total going over, and be overly critical, but I can't accept that he can come out and go on and on about fight, spirit, good performances etc etc. either when clearly they aren't.

Behind closed doors I hope he is saying the opposite but I get the feeling this isn't happening.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 21:26, CKB said:

Oh I agree but let's face it football can change in the blink of an eye. We are where we are now but one day we could be a Cov/Forest again and they could be doing well. Look at Leeds, it seems like it's there turn to rise up again

Of course I'm hoping we have many years of success/stability and stay in the top flight forever if possible! But I always have that feeling at the back of my mind that's like "oh we will go down, we will end up struggling again" maybe that's just the LCFC fans way of thinking at times lol

Yup, football does definitely happen in cycles one way or the other - but I can't see Forest or Leeds ever replicating another title to add to their haul like we did last season - but stranger things have happened I suppose....like last season!

Getting Old....... er

Getting Fat.........ter

Getting Bald.......er

Oh and Leicester not winning away from home in the League............ I nearly forgot that one

Living in Cardiff and Leicester not getting to the CL Final is in there to   :ph34r:

Apart from that everything is just peachy

I think the recruitment is the overriding long term concern. I've just finished Jonathan Northcroft's brilliant book on last season and he specifically says that Ranieri wanted two signings - Inler and Benolouane. That's worrying. Plus as we all know Walsh had to twist his arm on Kante. Obviously with Walsh gone CR is likely to have more influence.Of the signings since, I don't think we should judge players too soon but I've seen enough of Mendy and Ndidi already to see they make the grade. I think Musa and Slimani will too (though neither are there yet). But Hernandez and Zieler are miles away. I'm puzzled as to why international and Champions League players like Kaputska and Musa are signed but deemed "not ready for the Premiership", Given that we've been linked with Cafu, Brady and Gaston Ramirez as well, I can only assume that we're trying for a world record for collecting wingers..it's especially baffling when we are trying to move to 4-3-3 or 3-5-2. We desperately need a left sided centre back to play alongside Morgan or Huth (in a back 4)  or alongside both (in a 3), another right side centre back, a sub goalie and a right back option.

The other worrying side to recruitment is that we have signed some (apparently) talented young players from across the continent - there was a big fuss when we got some Spanish striker in the summer - and yet the U-21 and U-23 teams are seemingly being constantly mullah-ed. As far as I can see none of these players are pushing into contention for the first team squad, which makes you wonder why young players like Doodoo (who was developing) were shipped out to make way for them in the first place.

In my view, everything else is understandable. The players went on a party and international duty (in some cases) or both in the summer, came back to that ridiculous (though unturn-downable) pre season tournament. Whereas 2015-16 pre-season preparation was nigh on perfect 2016-17 was as bad as it could get. There was complacency - exacerbated by starting at "in turmoil" Hull - lack of focus on the part of some players (transfer talk, weddings, pregnancies, books, movies, Good Morning Britain slots) and a need to alter/refine the playing style. Mendy and Schmeichel got injured exposing a lack of cover (something which didn't happen last season) and the big clubs were determined not to get caught out again. We were determined not to be humiliated in the Champions League. In short, it is only now that we are really knuckling down to the league season.Let's just hope it's not too late.    

Archived