Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

Have the media got it right about Leicester fans?

Back the board or sack the board? Back or sack Ranieri?   

160 members have voted

1. 1. Do you back the board over their sacking of Ranieri?

• I think they have done great things already and I trust them to have made the right decision. I back them wholeheartedly.
    • I think they have done great things already but I am not sure this is a good decision. They still have my backing.
    • I can take or leave our owners.
    • I have never been a fan of our owners. They will probably leave when they have made enough cash or got enough exposure for King Power.
    • I think we should use fan pressure to bring about a change of ownership in our club.
  2. 2. Was it the right thing to do to sack Ranieri.

• Definitely, we were going down.
    • I reluctantly agree with the sacking.
    • Not sure/ Don't know.
    • I think this is probably a bad decision
    • Sacking Ranieri is an outrage.

the media would just like the story of us going down after winning the league, everyone could see Claudiio was making mistakes, he even admitted to making them! people need to look at the bigger picture and not just focus on Claudio!

7 minutes ago, the fox said:

the irony 58b019c1db8ee_images(2).jpg.a416b485a74ed8da5fa6e2a117fbd2d0.jpglies in arsenal fans being mad because the Leicester owners did the thing that they have been wishing their team owners would for ages

United fans out in force as well- less than a year on from sacking their manager the day after winning the FA Cup.

100% back the owners every time. Made this club what it is. What they say goes and I'm happy with that. The media fail to understand anything about our owners and what they have done for the club and so anything they print is not worthy of reading. That is all.

The more I think about it, the owners are the most important component of this club. Without their backing, we'd probably still be a championship side.

I think they've got this right- we were 100% going down. They've got another big decision to get right this week if we're to stay up though. 

Got to love Lineker ripping Claudio to bits before a ball was even kicked, then less than 2 years later he's advocating 'job for life', 'build a statue'

Thankfully the club and fans gave CR a chance, if it had been Lineker's choice then last season would never have happened, he really is an attention seeking hypocritical pudding.

4 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

United fans out in force as well- less than a year on from sacking their manager the day after winning the FA Cup.

And when you call them out they will say "but..but we are a big club, we have great expectations"...  Yeah. Like leicester fans are demanding the champions league. All the fans want is to stay in the PL

Absolutely still back the board, claudio will clearly go down as a legend and I was in the minority of wanting him to stay, but I can understand his sacking completely, much rather sack him than get relegated, let's just whoever we get in does a good job for the sake of us not looking like nobs

2 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

Got to love Lineker ripping Claudio to bits before a ball was even kicked, then less than 2 years later he's advocating 'job for life', 'build a statue'

Thankfully the club and fans gave CR a chance, if it had been Lineker's choice then last season would never have happened, he really is an attention seeking hypocritical pudding.

Yeah, Lineker says some odd things sometimes. I don't think he's actually that much of a city fan in reality to be honest, otherwise he would see that his recent tweets are a huge stinking pile of shit.

I'm gutted that it's come to this (as I think is every Leicester fan), but I'm sick of people who don't support the club saying "It's only little old Leicester, they should just be happy with relegation".

Last time we got relegated, it took 10 years to get back to the Premier League.

2 minutes ago, the fox said:

And when you call them out they will say "but..but we are a big club, we have great expectations"...  Yeah. Like leicester fans are demanding the champions league. All the fans want is to stay in the PL

Exactly. They want title challenges, we want midtable mediocrity. It's the same principle- if anything, we're underachieving more this season than they were at the time.

Guest Foxin_mad

I have something for every patronising bullshit newspaper and media outlet in the UK.

1. FACT - Ranieri did not alone win us the league

2. FACT - Ranieri got a golden goodbye worth many millions, lets not feel sorry for the chap who can now retire on the Almalfi coast.

3. FACT - Ranieri changed a winning backroom team and formula to his own style and failed, he deserves to pay the price.

4. No one is bigger than OUR club

Finally....

**** THE MEDIA!

There was a question being bandied around yesterday - 'Would you have taken a title followed by relegation at the start of last season?'

Of course I ****ing would. To see my team reach the highest domestic achievement was something I never thought I'd witness. But in reality, the here and now, that question is a pointless hypothetical.

One feat is not contingent on the other, and 'deals with the devil' don't exist. Yes, I'd have taken that at the start of last season, but we're not at the start of last season - we're 13 games from the end of a season in which we are tanking and playing the worst football I've seen from us in a good 5 or 6 years. It's a question, along with many others, designed to put us back in our box.

I had overlooked the number of people who have bought into the suggested status quo of the league. Remember Man City before Arab money? Bournemouth and Swansea in the fourth tier? No one is saying they should be 'back where they belong'. It's laughable really. 

I have no doubt that this was the toughest decision our chairmen have made. I'm gutted to see him go. But, dependant on the right appointment, it was the correct one for Leicester City.

8 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Exactly. They want title challenges, we want midtable mediocrity. It's the same principle- if anything, we're underachieving more this season than they were at the time.

A lot of big teams's fans want Leicester to go down so they can prove that last year was luck and they are the only teams qualified to challenge for the title. 

I think the media are just about right with this. I have spoken to an awful lot of LCFC fans (sth/members/more general fans) and the opinion is more in line with what the media are saying than it is on here. Maybe I am talking to my own 'echo chamber', maybe those thinking that Ranieri should not have been sacked are less vocal on here, or maybe it is only a certain type of fan who is represented by this website, but I think that there are a lot of our fans who are quite upset about this. 

However, I do not think that they are the type of supporter who will make trouble. I will follow my team as I have always done. And I will back the owners as I have always done. But I wanted LCFC to have been bigger than all of this. And that makes me sad.

1. - I back the owners 100% - They have proven that they can make the right choices for the right reasons. They stuck with Pearson through the great escape when the players and staff were all right behind him, they have form for sticking with managers, but he'd clearly lost the dressing room and some of his management team and there were no signs of it turning around. 

2. I'm sad to see Claudio go, especially in the way it has happened, i would have loved him to have kept us up and then walked away with dignity but it just wasn't going to happen. He will always be a Leicester legend and i will always be fond of him on a human level. Unfortunately, the performances since new year have just not been good enough. Alot of blame lies at the players doors too but Claudio has looked tactically clueless recently. He has no idea who his best team, line up, tactics are and its time for a change to at least give us a hope of staying up.

OH Leicester!! what have you done!!!

Won you the premiereship

Got you to round 16 of the CL with good chance to advance.

At least give the good man the benefit of the doubt and wait till you're knocked out of the CL or entered really in the relegation third.

Horrible timing.... for me, not so wise decision.

Archived