Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

2015/16 Memberships

I am hoping to buy a membership this year for the first time. I don't want Gold because I won't be in a position to get a season ticket for next year so I think I am leaning towards silver, though from seeing what some are saying the City Fox may be sufficient because you can still get home tickets for that yet away tickets sell out to season ticket holders and don't reach silver?

All the different levels of membership achieve is to get you further up the queue. If you are happy to have whatever remains (if any) then a basic City Membership might be sufficient (or even wait for general sale). However, any remaining tickets are unlikely to be exactly where you want to sit (or stand!) or most probably very expensive. If you only need a single then you could get lucky but trying to get two of three together can prove difficult.

Is it easy to get 2 seats together on Gold membership? Sorry, first time buyer here also.

I'd have thought that you wouldn't have any problem (certainly not for the less attractive fixtures, Bournemouth, Watford etc) but, like the other membership levels, you need to buy the tickets as soon as they're released to give you the best chance of meeting your requirements.

Re getting away tickets, exchange is your best option IMO. I don't think any away last year sold out on a particular membership level so the advantage of getting gold or silver in that respect is minimal.

However there may be a point regarding seats at home. You'll get in if you're on the ball for any game with any membership level, however getting two together for say a category A game in one of the cheap areas is nigh on impossible so it may end up evening itself out.

For eg I went on my tod to united at home and got a £30 seat no problem but when the missus came with me to spurs at home we had to go £40 a seat for basically the same view.

Won't that mean that if you want to take your little girl to a match then you'll have to wait for third level membership priority (City Fox) if you all want to sit together ?? I had a Silver Membership last season and even with that it was difficult getting three seats together.

we sorted it with a family fox membership in the end. worked out cheaper to get that and an adult add on then doing what i first thought.

daughter isnt with me full time so couldnt justify 3 gold memberships for someone who will easilly miss 3/4 of the season. 

I had a gold last year and it was a waste of money if you are looking at home games only, you do get earlier access to tickets but for example the QPR home game I completely forgot about and still managed to get tickets the day before it went on general sale. Given that was the last home game I would imagine demand would have been higher than normal but there was still availability.

Will be going for the basic membership this year!

The gold pin badge was nice mind, made me feel special for about 4 minutes!

I had a gold last year and it was a waste of money if you are looking at home games only, you do get earlier access to tickets but for example the QPR home game I completely forgot about and still managed to get tickets the day before it went on general sale. Given that was the last home game I would imagine demand would have been higher than normal but there was still availability.

Will be going for the basic membership this year!

The gold pin badge was nice mind, made me feel special for about 4 minutes!

to be fair the game was declared a sell out a month before but QPR returned a load of tickets and then a load became available in c1 and c2 it seemed. 

I'm looking at that and I'm thinking that if I want 1st priority membership for myself and my wife I'd be best getting a Family Fox (£100 + £30 for an extra adult = £130) as opposed to 2 Gold memberships (2 x £75 = £150). Same level of priority PLUS I could (I assume) get tickets for my nephew.

Or does it strictly HAVE TO BE a son or daughter? Anyone know if my plan would work?

I'm looking at that and I'm thinking that if I want 1st priority membership for myself and my wife I'd be best getting a Family Fox (£100 + £30 for an extra adult = £130) as opposed to 2 Gold memberships (2 x £75 = £150). Same level of priority PLUS I could (I assume) get tickets for my nephew.

Or does it strictly HAVE TO BE a son or daughter? Anyone know if my plan would work?

Would anyone know whether it was your son or your nephew? 

no one batted an eyelid at mine when i had me, my girlfriend and daughter (whose mother isnt current girlfriend) applied for a family fox and we have 3 different surnames. 

Did people with silver or city fox have any issues getting tickets last season? I had a gold but not convinced it is worth the extra as I only generally attend home games.

Only big difference between the memberships for home games is getting seats together in the bigger games. The difference in the prices for the initial memberships can be made up by getting seats together in the cheaper areas of the ground.

I was looking to get the gold memberships tomorrow for me and my brother, but after reading some of the comments, i am now a little undecided. I want to go to all the home games, and a a fair few aways. I still think for the amount of games i want to go to the gold may still be best option. It all comes down to availability for tickets once they're on sale. But on the other hand a silver would save me a few bob and i should still be able to all the home games and a few aways.

enquired with ticket office about the family fox members having to sit in the family stand. this is the reply i got. i translate it as you get 3 days priority in the family stand and only buy there then it goes to everywhere.

Thank you for your email regarding your recently purchased Family Fox Membership.

The Family Fox Membership gives you a priority of the Family Stand but does not seclude you to this area alone.

The Family Fox Membership is top priority along with the Gold Membership. Therefore your date of sale is the same to purchase in the general seating areas of the ground. Usually (based on the 2014/15 season) the Family Fox Members have around three days in advance of this sale period of where they can only purchase in The Family stand.

Therefore in short you do not have to sit in the Family Stand provided you call during your correct selling period.

Kind regards,

Ellie

I have to say that I had a Silver Membership last year and only used it twice - Man U at home and QPR at home (saw us score ten goals in total). It really wasn't ever going to get me an away ticket - I live in London - I did this through the ticket exchange forum (went to 4 and used the exchange 3 times) and have built up a few contacts on there. I am not sure what difference there would have been between a Silver Membership and a City Fox one for the two games at home I did go to, but it did mean that I could get two tickets together (as me and the girlfriend had the membership).

This year I have dropped down to the City Fox Membership as my cousin has just bought 4 ST and there is a chance that his family will not always take up their tickets. Considering I only get to a couple of home games, the price of the membership, and the fact that I am more interested in the away games this seems the best option. I still have a decent enough chance of home tickets at a lower price and will use the ticket exchange thread for the away games if they come up (I am unlikely to get them with any kind of membership anyway).

Archived