Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fuchs

I would like to know why he's only played 99 times over a 4 year period at Schalke? Does he have injury issues? Does he have serious competition for that position at Schalke? And with such lowish appearances how has he managed to be the Austrian captain?

I'm all for a free transfer and especially if he offers something we are lacking, and perhaps can teach and take Schlupp under his wing to take him to the next level when it comes to crossing the ball. His english is good so having another someone else who can communicate is going to be pretty important too. I think Fergie said once that he had a team full of captains. Let's hope that the ethos that Pearson is trying to build in the 1st team and Fuchs is part of that.

To anyone thinking Fuchs is nothing more then a left back, you are sadly mistaken I'm afraid. He can play anywhere on the left flank. Great signing and at 29 years old he should be in his prime. This is definitely the end of Konchesky and maybe Schlupp too unless he reacts as Vardy did when we signed Kramaric. Simply put, Fuchs is better then Schlupp currently.

I would like to know why he's only played 99 times over a 4 year period at Schalke? Does he have injury issues? Does he have serious competition for that position at Schalke? And with such lowish appearances how has he managed to be the Austrian captain?

I'm all for a free transfer and especially if he offers something we are lacking, and perhaps can teach and take Schlupp under his wing to take him to the next level when it comes to crossing the ball. His english is good so having another someone else who can communicate is going to be pretty important too. I think Fergie said once that he had a team full of captains. Let's hope that the ethos that Pearson is trying to build in the 1st team and Fuchs is part of that.

99 league games, so on average 25 per season, which isn't too bad given they only play 34 games. 

99 league games, so on average 25 per season, which isn't too bad given they only play 34 games. 

sounds better when you average out.

Played 22 times last season and 16 times the season before.

Which isn't bad either, but I'm assuming that they've replaced him with an upgrade this summer etc, as if he was integral they wouldn't have let him go for free

Can't believe how much football knowledge people have about an Austrian left back.

An international captain who has been playing at one of Europe's biggest clubs in the Champions League?

Yeah... me neither.

To make it absolutely clear, in German the "u" is always pronounced like northerners (and people who speak raht propoh Lestoh) would say it.

You can probably get away with turning the gutteral "ch" into a "k" sound.

So: "Fooks" (like books) and deffo not "Fahx", then.

:)

Archived