Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fuchs

Can't believe how much football knowledge people have about an Austrian left back.

Yeah I've got no idea how anyone could have seen Schalke play, personally.

It's not like they're on BT sports every week or two.

Oh, hang on....

Happy with that as he lends himself very much to our 343, easily competent getting forward and putting balls in.

Yep Ulloa and Vardy are gonna feed off his assists. Quite excited!

And on a free....

Marv.

Asked about the recent rumours about him joining Swansea, Fuchs shrugged them off and laughed:

"I have no idea where they came from. It was amusing reading about it, but there was nothing in it at any given time." 

https://www.tt.com/sport/fussball/10103986-91/%C3%B6fb-teamkapit%C3%A4n-christian-fuchs-wechselt-zu-leicester-city.csp

From the YouTube montage he seems to be quite offensively minded, so I imagine he can play in the wingback position, and had some superb crossing- imagine Leo's noggin on the end of some of those? Also some cracking free kicks, wil definitely add an edge to our set pieces and throw ins, adds another dimension to our forward play. Good business, at least from the evidence we have till we see him play.

You watch German football every week? You need to get out a bit more buddy.

Not every week but I'll watch some football most weekends during the season.

I must be an absolute weirdo, I guarantee no one else here does that.

Or maybe you made a daft comment and you're now trying to get out of it.

One or the other. ;)

Hasn't he if I remember correctly got a beast of a long throw as well? I might be wrong though

Yes, he is at least able to get the ball into the box with a throw.

Very surprised at how good his English is if he's never lived in an English speaking country before.

Well, English is a compulsory course in schools here (at least 5 years), and if I remember correctly, his family or wife is actually living in the US. Although I am not entirely sure about the last one...

Probably won't play if we stick with a back 3 but gives us a much better defensive line for a back 4, with Schlupp able to fill the left wing role. Looks like he's got a decent cross on him too.

Actually I think his best position is the wingback in a system with 3 at the back, he came up playing this way. In Germany he played mainly als left back (very few clubs play 3 at the back in Germany), but there his main weakness showed. He is quite excellent going forward, his crossing is probably the best thing about him, but defensively he sometimes he has problems due to the fact, that even as a left back he tends to go forward a lot, and  he is not one of these players that are fast enough to compensate the fact, that they are then missing at the back.

He is a good player, and because someone asked, definitely the best left back Austria has (Alaba plays in midfield for us), and as one of the older players our skipper, but he is by no means beyond dispute.  

BTW: his defensive weaknesses - they can definitly be overcome by good teamplay - are the main reason he didn't do that well in the last season at Schalke. They preferred players that are better at actually defending, but have next to no value in the offensive.

Most Schalke fans on his Facebook page are sorry to see him go:

https://www.facebook.com/fuchslfanseite?fref=ts

Hmmm, first thing I read was:

Fat thing! I give it to him that he Premier League can play again 

For schalke no longer good enough will now be cleared in England! 

Have fun und stay gesund!Fat thing! I give it to him that he Premier League can play again 

Have fun und stay gesund!

As long as he's not a replacement for Schlupp, who was one of the best left sided players in the prem for the final third of the season.

Seriously.

I'd imagine he's more of a compliment than a replacement- now we have raw pace and great technical ability to play with. Could be very useful to have the options in some matches.

Hmmm, first thing I read was:

Fat thing! I give it to him that he Premier League can play again 

Have fun und stay gesund!Fat thing! I give it to him that he Premier League can play again 

Have fun und stay gesund!

That's one negative comment out of about 300 positive ones... :D

I know nothing about the bloke but everything i've read sounds promising and it's a key area that needed strengthening.

Excited to see him play.

Glad to see we're quick off the mark with it and it's gone 'under the radar' aswell - I've not seen us linked with him until today (Mind you i've not been taking too much notice as I didn't think we'd sign anyone this early), i'd prefer it that way, hopefully all our buisness will be done in this manner.

Yes, he is at least able to get the ball into the box with a throw.

Well, English is a compulsory course in schools here (at least 5 years), and if I remember correctly, his family or wife is actually living in the US. Although I am not entirely sure about the last one...

Actually I think his best position is the wingback in a system with 3 at the back, he came up playing this way. In Germany he played mainly als left back (very few clubs play 3 at the back in Germany), but there his main weakness showed. He is quite excellent going forward, his crossing is probably the best thing about him, but defensively he sometimes he has problems due to the fact, that even as a left back he tends to go forward a lot, and he is not one of these players that are fast enough to compensate the fact, that they are then missing in the back.

He is a good player, and because someone asked, definitely the best left back Austria has (Alaba plays in midfield for us), and as one of the older players our skipper, but he is by no means beyond dispute.

BTW: his defensive weaknesses - they can definitly be overcome by good teamplay - are the main reason he didn't do that well in the last season at Schalke. They preferred players that are better at actually defending, but have next to no value in the offensive.

Ah ok. Well seems we've got left side sorted whatever formation then, which is positive. Surprised if we've got someone who may displace one of our better performers last season.

Although even in a 3-5-2 it seems wed have the option of pace and running at the defence with Schlupp, or the better crossing and set pieces of Fuchs. Not a bad problem to have.

Archived