Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Fuchs

Hmmm, first thing I read was:

Fat thing! I give it to him that he Premier League can play again

For schalke no longer good enough will now be cleared in England!

Have fun und stay gesund!Fat thing! I give it to him that he Premier League can play again

For schalke no longer good enough will now be cleared in England!

Have fun und stay gesund!

I'd take all that with a pinch of salt, that's just football fans isn't it? There were a few Stoke fans saying Huth was past it. If Mahrez leaves in the summer I'm sure there'll be plenty of people piping up about how he goes missing in games. If Kasper was to leave there'd be City fans slating his ability on crosses and his kicking. Doesn't make them bad players. Par for the course innit?

Well welcome to him, got to admit I don't know a great deal about him but with him being the Austrian captain, then he must be good!

To be honest this signing came out of nowhere. I assumed the first signing would have been that lad from japan.

If we are going to stick with the LWB role in our side then Fuchs and Schlupp are too great options to have in that position. It's about strength in depth for us. Fuchs won't have the raw pace, physicality and directness displayed by Schlupp but he will bring other things to the party like quality from set pieces and a good delivery from wide positions. Two well balanced options in my opinion.

If we are going to stick with the LWB role in our side then Fuchs and Schlupp are too great options to have in that position. It's about strength in depth for us. Fuchs won't have the raw pace, physicality and directness displayed by Schlupp but he will bring other things to the party like quality from set pieces and a good delivery from wide positions. Two well balanced options in my opinion.

Yeah but can Fuchs go to cross with his left foot whilst knocking it out for a goal kick with his right?

If we played two banks of four, it must be tempting to play Schlupp and Fuchs together. They could interchange between LB and LW for the whole 90 minutes. One minute the opposition are attacked with pure pace and skill and then next minute they're having to cope with very good technical ability and crossing range.  

If we played two banks of four, it must be tempting to play Schlupp and Fuchs together. They could interchange between LB and LW for the whole 90 minutes. One minute the opposition are attacked with pure pace and skill and then next minute they're having to cope with very good technical ability and crossing range.

We saw the 4-4-2 didn't work last season. I wouldn't go back to the 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) to be honest.

Our season changed when the formation changed.

And Christian Fuchs/Schlupp are both better wing backs I believe?

Hey there,

I'm a Fan from Fuchs former Club Schalke 04, i registered here, because i like Fuchs, and want to follow his way after the time in Gelsenkirchen.

First of all:

Christian Fuchs (seems to me, sound very funny to you guys in with his Name, compare it to Fox, it is in German) has a great character, he always gave 100% for Schalke, his first Season in Gelsenkirchen was very strong, he do a lot to make Huntelaar the most efficient Scorer with 29 Goals. He has a very strong shoot with his left foot, especially FreeKicks and Corners are great.

Most time, he played as Left Defender, but he lost his position because his Defense Skills are not that good, as the one of our other Players like Denis Aogo or Sead Kolasinac, thats the reason why he didn't play a lot in the past.

His strength is in the offensive, Roberto Di Matteo saw this in the last season, and make him a left defender with many offensive parts in the Match, it works because he had Matija Nastasic in his back, we played 3-5-2 at that time.

He was called "SchlangenFuchserl" ("SnakeFox") because he had some snakes, but he is married now with his american girlfriend (the reason why his english is that good, no compare to mine ones), he get a son at start of 2015

I hope you had lot of fun with Fuchs, he is a great Guy!

Yeah but can Fuchs go to cross with his left foot whilst knocking it out for a goal kick with his right?

That my friend is a skill very few professionals in this game master. Schlupp is one of a mere handful that has and don't we love him for it.

13 mins worth of highlights v Madrid he scored 1 and had a hand in the next 2 goals.... caught ball watching a bit for 1 of reals goal, but it was ronaldo who split the defenders so I will let him off, looks like a decent signing

We saw the 4-4-2 didn't work last season. I wouldn't go back to the 4-4-2 (or 4-4-1-1) to be honest.

Our season changed when the formation changed.

And Christian Fuchs/Schlupp are both better wing backs I believe?

I agree Col although I would say that in the Prem particularly, the opposition suss you out very very quickly and whilst we looked great playing with 3 at the back, teams will be wiser to that next season and so we have to be able to utilise a back 4 imho.

Totally agree that we do look better with wing backs. My slight worry is that Hull shocked a few people playing 3 at the back two years ago but teams worked them out last season and they didn't seem able to change it up. We need to have a few tricks up our sleeve.

Archived