Carl the Llama Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 New tactic: Don't pass to fvcking Sterling. PLEASE. Â I can't stand seeing every single ball he touches end up off the pitch or at an Irishman's feet.
Guest ttfn Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Fvck this. That free kick routine has done me, I'm going out in the garden. I'd probably consider walking off if the kids in my under 10 team did that. Unbelievably shit.
davieG Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 I think Vardy would be better off not coming on there's absolutely no cohesion or understanding between these players.
Guest ttfn Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Biggest "ooh" from the crowd is a header which went at least 3 yards wide. Have England had a shot yet?
Guest Kopfkino Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 This couldn't get any shitter, I'd love to see an England player that looks arsed
Jimothy Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Do you want players picked on form or not? Rooney is the best English striker, he should be in the team. Realistically if he's not fit Kane or Sturridge will lead the line anyway so I'm not sure what you'd get out of trying Vardy and Austin as a front 2 for example. In games like this we might want to try different players with Rooney, sure, but I don't see the value in leaving out the first name on the teamsheet when you're trying to build different options into your squad. We're playing Slovenia next, Sturridge is injured, Kane is in the U21. I'm not saying drop Rooney for important games, but for friendlies is a chance to experiment with those players in the fringes, those players you'll call on when the others are out. I'm asking that in friendlies we try out some of those players that have been called up recent form rather than constantly playing the same players we always play. Yeah Rooney might be in form, but he's also got nearly 100 caps for England, what are we learning from playing him today? And what are we learning from playing him with two other England regulars?
Sir Shep Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Fvck this. That free kick routine has done me, I'm going out in the garden. Yeah I agree, off to Woodhouse Eaves I go to enjoy some sunshine!
Andy King Power Posted 7 June 2015 Author Posted 7 June 2015 Has Sterling found his man once yet? Â There was a Bronx cheer when he did find his man... a backpass.
My Nads Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 If I didn't know who the Ireland manager was, there is no way in a million years I would guess it was MON! They aren't playing with any spirit either.
Dan Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 This couldn't get any shitter, I'd love to see an England player that looks arsed  There's two on the bench that I'm sure would. Bet they don't get on before the 65th minute though.  Playing these in a friendly is ridiculous. They're a limited, physical side, but a rival for us - so we won't take too many risks even though we'll end up using a team that know they're on the plane, and one that knows they'd rather not even be playing this.  What a total waste of time this is.
Monsell1976 Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 The nhs could save a fortune, those who suffer with insomnia, prescribe them an copy of this game, sorted.
Alexikokopops Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Lallana is a really annoying name if you're typing with one hand
TheSomersetFox Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 If Vardy had put in the same performance as Sterling he'd be getting an absolute roasting and he'd never be seen again after half time. Sterling looked far better behind the striker at the World Cup anyway
Sir Shep Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Premier league nil, championship nil, entertainment value nil, effort nil. So how many players on the pitch aren't English? The ref and the Irish keeper maybe?
My Nads Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 The nhs could save a fortune, those who suffer with insomnia, prescribe them an copy of this game, sorted. Can someone wake me up when JV comes on!
Guest ttfn Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 We're playing Slovenia next, Sturridge is injured, Kane is in the U21. I'm not saying drop Rooney for important games, but for friendlies is a chance to experiment with those players in the fringes, those players you'll call on when the others are out. I'm asking that in friendlies we try out some of those players that have been called up recent for rather than constantly playing the same players we always play. Yeah Rooney might be in form, but he's also got nearly 100 caps for England, what are we gaining from playing him today? We're learning if Sterling - Rooney - Lallana can work as a coherent front 3 against weaker opposition. Looks like they're struggling. Objectively that's far more likely to bring England success than Rooney-Austin-Vardy for example so it makes sense to try that first.I agree with you that we should try out players on the fringes but there's no point in having whole swathes of the team being experimental because when push comes to shove we're not going to line up without Rooney in an important match unless he's injured and if he is injured there are 2 other strikers miles ahead of everybody else in the queue. Given that those 2 are absent today there is no value in leaving Rooney out at all. Arguably Hodgson is trying out players on the fringes anyway - Bertrand is making his first start and Lallana, Jones and Milner are hardly first XI mainstays. The likes of Vardy and Austin aren't on the fringes of he XI, they're on the fringes of the squad - Hodgson is giving them a chance in the squad and hopefully they'll get a chance to show what they can do on the pitch with some of the better players to show that they should actually be squad regulars and on the fringes of the first XI instead.
ozleicester Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Lallana is a really annoying name if you're typing with one hand  must turn you on though
leicsmac Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 The Women's World Cup game yesterday certainly showed more drive than this, and probably more quality too. Â /end
yorkie1999 Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Just realised why I don't watch England anymore. Dull is an understatement.
Kitchandro Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Time for vards to wake this game up Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Actually starting to wonder why albrighton isn't in this squad as well Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matt Posted 7 June 2015 Posted 7 June 2015 Ian Wright 'I wanna see some pace, I'd like to see Jamie Vardy come on'. Â Always liked you Wrighty (Always thought he was abit of a ****)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.