Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Cambiasso to stay? It depends on the Mrs

Can't see him going to the MLS. He wanted to play in the top leagues which he's done. Think he'll either re-sign for us or go into coaching.

Exactly! He's done what he wanted to accomplish he's got another year in him, 2 at Max. He has a young family & the American lifestyle might be too much for him to turn down!

Think he will go to the mls personally.

Was having this conversation with mi mate on Friday.

And I know all those that adore Cambiasso ain't gonna want to hear this......

But why would he want to stay?

He's played in the Premiership.

He's helped to keep us up.

He's been adored by our fans verging on cult status.

What more could he do at City? It's not like we are going to be pushing for Champions League football. We could possibly struggle again next season and if he helps to keep us up AGAIN...well he's done that already.

He would now surely be better to go and have one final target to aim for. Whether that be to help an MLS club win a title, to be an Ambassador for football in Aus or go back to South America to return to his roots.

With the exception of possibly winning a cup with City, why would he choose to stay?

He might do....he might simply like it here. And if so, great.

But he seems an ambitious man who would want one final challenge.

If he leaves us, he does so with my full blessing and I'd wish him all the best.

Improving on our previous season is its own challenge, he seems to like it here so hopefully that's enough incentive for him to recommit.  If he chooses to move on I don't think any of us could hold it against him though, he's been exemplary this year, the model pro. I'm incredibly proud to be able to say not just that he's played for us, but how he went about it.

What more could he do at City? It's not like we are going to be pushing for Champions League football. We could possibly struggle again next season and if he helps to keep us up AGAIN...well he's done that already.

He would now surely be better to go and have one final target to aim for. Whether that be to help an MLS club win a title, to be an Ambassador for football in Aus or go back to South America to return to his roots.

With the exception of possibly winning a cup with City, why would he choose to stay?

If he leaves us, he does so with my full blessing and I'd wish him all the best.

Stop calling people who rate Cambiasso as part of some 'cult'. You got it wrong last year and made an embarrassment of yourself. Deal with it. Otherwise you come across as a bit of a cult yourself!

Stop calling people who rate Cambiasso as part of some 'cult'. You got it wrong last year and made an embarrassment of yourself. Deal with it. Otherwise you come across as a bit of a cult yourself!

Con City Fan the massive Cult lol

I am desperate for him to stay! But can't disagree I've had the same thoughts myself. He isn't driven by money It would appear and with £50m to his name whatever he earns this season won't greatly affect his wealth, he is very considered, he can leave LCFC a hero or stay and potentially spoil that, he will want to settle his family in their long term location sooner rather than later too I imagine and time is nearly up for completing extra challenges - i.e MLS etc. I can only hope, his loyal character, love of our club and realisation that once he retires, his career is over for good as a footballer will keep him with us for one more season but then so can the MLS for 2 or 3 if that's what he wants. football is a short career - if you enjoy playing, continue playing whilst you can in my opinion. If you want to coach, you can do that age 40, 50, 60, 70 but you can't play at those ages. Don't retire today and regret it in 2 or 3 years time. Anyhow, I agree with you Col even though it isn't what I want to hear.

My take on this is that he developed into the season as he played more, got fitter and adapted to the english game. I think he helps the team tempo as he is always looking to work the ball quickly with 1 or 2 touches and that fits our style as we don't play a possession game.

I think his sheer presence helped as being told you are good by a player who has played with the very best can only help the lads' confidence and I'll bet he offered a lot of praise to his team mates.

I also think him saying we will survive when most had written us off helped maintain a positivity that eventually proved priceless.

Huth was very influential in us staying up too and his presence and experience of the prem solidified the back 4..... 3

Let's be honest, nobody can really say 100% our survival was purely / substantially or partly down to Cambiasso, Huth or both etc. We broke record after record in a tough league before without either of them and have previously gone on awful runs under Pearson and turned them around without either of them.

The one win that spurred it all on could have been all we needed to pull off the great escape irrespective of Huth and Cambiasso's involvement! Who knows - nobody for sure but I for one would be incredibly happy if both are wearing foxes colours next season and my personal conclusion is that both played at least some part in that escape and the team is all the better for having them.

Well he can now leave without feeling any emotion, sadness or guilt as he has your full blessing! Are you for real?

If it's not to be then it's not to be but personally I would like the best player I've ever seen play for us to stay for another season and beyond if possible.

I am desperate for him to stay! But can't disagree I've had the same thoughts myself. He isn't driven by money It would appear and with £50m to his name whatever he earns this season won't greatly affect his wealth, he is very considered, he can leave LCFC a hero or stay and potentially spoil that, he will want to settle his family in their long term location sooner rather than later too I imagine and time is nearly up for completing extra challenges - i.e MLS etc. I can only hope, his loyal character, love of our club and realisation that once he retires, his career is over for good as a footballer will keep him with us for one more season but then so can the MLS for 2 or 3 if that's what he wants. football is a short career - if you enjoy playing, continue playing whilst you can in my opinion. If you want to coach, you can do that age 40, 50, 60, 70 but you can't play at those ages. Don't retire today and regret it in 2 or 3 years time. Anyhow, I agree with you Col even though it isn't what I want to hear.

What more could he do with us?

Oh I don't know, if he played even a part role during the season it would bring our other midfielders on in leaps and bounds both in training and on the pitch.

Having him part of the team might encourage transfer targets to join us.

If did he did his coaching alongside (should he be interested in doing this at the moment) surely he could easily do so as his training won't be as intensive and he'll have some down time. All under the auspice of our Chairman's goal to get us in the top ten.

I'd say that's not comparable to Champion's league or Europe etc, but given that we weren't expected to even stop up by the bookies last season, what enticed him to come to us? Just to stop up? Surely he had more prospective ambition than just that? The end of last season and the success on the pitch, for which he had a great deal to do with, may well prove to him that he still has got it, and there's plenty to still to achieve at LCFC still.

What more could he do with us?

Oh I don't know, if he played even a part role during the season it would bring our other midfielders on in leaps and bounds both in training and on the pitch.

Having him part of the team might encourage transfer targets to join us.

If did he did his coaching alongside (should he be interested in doing this at the moment) surely he could easily do so as his training won't be as intensive and he'll have some down time. All under the auspice of our Chairman's goal to get us in the top ten.

I'd say that's not comparable to Champion's league or Europe etc, but given that we weren't expected to even stop up by the bookies last season, what enticed him to come to us? Just to stop up? Surely he had more prospective ambition than just that? The end of last season and the success on the pitch, for which he had a great deal to do with, may well prove to him that he still has got it, and there's plenty to still to achieve at LCFC still.

well I hope he sees it that way! I am after all desperate for him to stay and agree with everything you state and it's the main bit of business I want to get completed this summer and given you feel the same..... why are you arguing with me? I generally, find it easier to have arguments with people who I don't agree with - just seems easier to me but each to their own - May give it a try - hang on SARAH stop letting me watch the football right! I know we both wanna have it on but stop letting us would you!! God you are so annoying letting me do what I wanna do woman!! !!!! Nah this aint working

well I hope he sees it that way! I am after all desperate for him to stay and agree with everything you state and it's the main bit of business I want to get completed this summer and given you feel the same..... why are you arguing with me? I generally, find it easier to have arguments with people who I don't agree with - just seems easier to me but each to their own - May give it a try - hang on SARAH stop letting me watch the football right! I know we both wanna have it on but stop letting us would you!! God you are so annoying letting me do what I wanna do woman!! !!!! Nah this aint working

I'm not arguing. I probably should have quoted Cult City in the post too, as primarily it was his blessing I was seeking.

If you are lying just be aware that i will find you.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

lol Taken!

Next?

I guess you are a fan of taken?

Archived