Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

Cambiasso to stay? It depends on the Mrs

This is getting tedious.  If he has no intention of coming back, he should say so.

Likewise, if he's weighing up other offers he should have made a decision by now.

He's missed a lot of pre-season now as well.  It took him a while to get up to the pace of it at the start of last season - he was average to begin with.  If he is going to lead the team, he needs to be there.  Now. 

The thing thats getting the most tedious is seeing a new comment pop up then when I read it its literally the same word for word as posted above.

This is getting tedious.  If he has no intention of coming back, he should say so.

Likewise, if he's weighing up other offers he should have made a decision by now.

He's missed a lot of pre-season now as well.  It took him a while to get up to the pace of it at the start of last season - he was average to begin with.  If he is going to lead the team, he needs to be there.  Now. 

From what I recall, he wasn't. He was influential when he came on away at Stoke and scored the week after against Manchester United.

Genuinely think that's deliberate, he knows he doesn't have to do a pre-season so why would he? Spend some time on holiday.

Makes him look even better as well and he'll perform better in the second half of the season to the first.

At some point you need to resist the counsel of your agent to hold out as long as possible to get the max deal, and do the right thing. The longer he holds out, the worse the position he puts us in to replace him. He needs to give the club a "yes" or a "no."

I thought Ranieri's message was on point: we need him to assume a leadership position on the team, and join the club sooner than later. Hopefully he signs this week and we can all move on to filling out other roles. My guess is that he will re-sign, and the fans will quickly forget the entire ordeal.

Until it's announced he's signed elsewhere, we're still in the hunt. Bearing in mind he took ages last year, I'm not too bothered yet.

He's clearly just very casual, 'Ah, don't worry, I make up my mind soon' (read in an over the top argentinean\italian accent). He took so long to join last year that most assumed he wasn't coming.

Ranieri: "Right Esteban, we really need to sit down and decide if you are staying or not, I have a multi-million pound football club here and we need to make nessacary arrangements"

Cambiasso: "Ehh! Claudio, don't worry, lets have a drink!!! remember that goal I scored in Milan!! Don't worry! I'm just off to the beach, I tell you when I get back"

No matter how much I want him to stay he's taking the piss. We need to look else were

Agreed. I could understand him taking his time last season as it was a big decision and a gamble for him. No real reason for him taking so long this time around, just seems to be waiting for a better offer and if nothing comes he will come back as a last resort.

"I would like to announce that I have decided not to renew my contract with Leicester City.

I have taken this decision only 24 hours after receiving the proposal from Leicester because I want to give the club as much time as possible to find an alternative.

I would like to thanks all the fans who last season made me feel proud to be part of a club with an unforgettable spirit and energy.

And a very special thanks to all my team mates, staff and every people of the club, with whom I have lived one of the most important years of my career, crowned with the remaining EPL status.

Many thanks to everyone, keeping you all for ever in my heart. Leicester City Football Club"

:blink:  :nono:  :thumbdown:  :cry: 

Thank God we can close this 70 odd page thread then. Fed up of reading "let him make a decision". We need a quality midfielder, maybe two, we always did (regardless of Cambiasso).

Archived