Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Okazaki signs.

a few gems for you all.

Top and his old man went away on a Japanese tour, bought us back our new striker muching on a labrador.

He can't stop smiling and we don't know why. Shinji is always super high.

shinji are you okay? are you okay? are you okazaki.

S H I N J I and shinji is his name-o

a few gems for you all.

Top and his old man went away on a Japanese tour, bought us back our new striker muching on a labrador.

He can't stop smiling and we don't know why. Shinji is always super high.

shinji are you okay? are you okay? are you okazaki.

S H I N J I and shinji is his name-o

Not allowed this, I got told off and my post deleted because of it yesterday  :ph34r:

Because according to Carl the Llama its "moronic" or a long those lines.

Well that's because it is, Japanese people don't eat dog.

It's like insulting a Welsh guy by calling him a haggis-eating, tartan-wearing tw@t, it's not right is it?

Well that's because it is, Japanese people don't eat dog.

It's like insulting a Welsh guy by calling him a haggis-eating, tartan-wearing tw@t, it's not right is it?

It was a joke in a chant, I forgot these had to be politically correct.

It's nothing to do with being "politically correct". Why do people always use this as some defence as though they're some kind of trailblazers against the establishment.

The post you were quoting said nothing about it being offensive, just that it was a completely bizarre and dumb connection to make as Japanese people don't eat dog. It's Korea and parts of China which do.

As he said, it's like singing about a Welsh person for eating haggis. There's nothing "politically incorrect" about it. It's just a completely bizarre and nonsensical thing to say and just makes you look a bit dim and know nothing about geography.

As other people have said, it's nothing about being politically correct, it's the fact they simply don't eat dog and therefore it doesn't make sense.

Why is this dumb dog-eating shite always brought up anyway? Literally every time we sign an Asian player it's "huh-huh, eats dog don't he?" as if it was funny the first 20 times it was said about Yuki Abe who, funnily enough, was also from Japan.

People made such a fuss about "slit-eye" and it's some of those people who bring this silly shite up time and time again. If you're going to make a joke at least make it witty or at the very very least factually correct.

• 2 weeks later...

Leicester City paid 'over the odds' for Japan and Mainz striker Shinji Okazaki

By Leicester Mercury  |  Posted: July 24, 2015

By Rob Tanner

10576769-large.jpg

Shinji Okazaki in action for City against Lincoln in midweek

Comments (0)

Shinji Okazaki has the attributes to do well at Leicester City, but they have paid over the odds for his services says German football commentator Sven Heist.

The Sky Germany pundit has watched Okazaki's performances closely during his spells at Stuttgart and Mainz, who sold him to City for a fee believed to be around £7million this summer.

It ended a year-long pursuit by City for the Japan striker's services, and Heist believes if the weight of expectation is not too great on Okazaki, he could do well at the King Power Stadium.

However, Heist said no German club would have paid so much for the 29-year-old, who will make his second appearance in City colours on Saturday in a pre-season friendly at Mansfield (3.0).

• "Okazaki is an out-and-out striker," said Heist.

"At Stuttgart he was played as a midfielder and didn't like it. He wants to play in the opposition's box.

"He is a terrific Japanese guy, he is a fighter but has no ego.

"His work-ethic is really high and he is a diligent player. He is a player who likes to do the hard graft.

"He will press the defenders high up the pitch and he has a good understanding of the game.

"He is always moving and gets on the opponents' nerves.

"When he first went to Stuttgart there were big expectations on him and he couldn't handle that.

"He was always on the bench and had difficulties. He never settled there.

"The expectation was much too high because, at the time, they were a club going for the Champions League.

"But when he was at Mainz it was a different situation because they were always fighting relegation.

"There wasn't as much expectation on him. He developed well at Mainz and settled down.

"I think he has the attributes to do well in the Premier League. I think his game is well suited to it.

"I think he doesn't need a lot of expectation at Leicester and, just because they have spent millions of pounds on him, they shouldn't put pressure on him by thinking he is going to score 20 goals.

"I believe he was sold to Leicester for £8m and that is an over-inflated price.

"No German club would pay that much money for him. Only English teams would pay this because of the new television money. He is not worth £8m."

City boss Claudio Ranieri believes Okazaki may need several months to settle into life into the Premier League.

"The Bundesliga is very hard," said Ranieri. "He will find the Premier League even stronger.

"But I think he is a very intelligent man and, after a couple of months, he will understand everything very well because when a player comes from another league it is not easy.

"Maybe he needs six months, but he is very smart.

"His job is to score goals and I think he will continue to score because he is very smart inside the box. He smells the goal. This is important for us."

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-paid-odds-Japan-Mainz-striker/story-27478034-detail/story.html#ixzz3gp45o4Wj 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

Archived