Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Di Matteo has no club so surely he is the best freebie - I'm discounting klopp and hidink and assuming Big Sam doesn't fancy it.

Big Sam was quoted as saying he wasn't interested... (could be just a negotiating ploy I suppose)

I must say that if it is to be Lennon then it doesn't have a whiff of confidence and ambition to me. The record of John Barnes at Celtic is almost as good as Lennons spell, and for 2 of Lennon's years Rangers where not even in the top league. It shows how poor the league is and how it can flatter managers especially John Barnes and maybe Lennon to a degree.

It would be deflating if he was appointed, but doesn't mean he would not do well.

Looking on EPSN, if the owners are to be ambitious then they will need to dig deep. I believe Pearson was on around £1M a year? Top European managers seem to earn €4.5M plus, so that's the bench mark to even get them to pick up to phone, plus there would be compensation to clubs. I guess we watch this space, but any manager on this list in the top 20 has to be unlikely.

Top 20 coaches as per ESPN March 2015
1. Jose Mourinho (Chelsea): €18 million
2. Carlo Ancelotti (Real Madrid): €15.5 million
3. Pep Guardiola (Bayern Munich): €15.2 million
4. Arsene Wenger (Arsenal): €11.3 million
5. Louis Van Gaal (Manchester United): €10 million
6. Fabio Capello (Russia): €9 million
7. Andre Villas-Boas (Zenit Saint-Petersburg): €8.5 million
8. Sven-Goran Eriksson (Shanghai SIPG): €8 million
9. Jurgen Klopp (Borussia Dortmund): €7.2 million
10. Laurent Blanc (PSG) and David Moyes (Sociedad): €7 million
12. Rafael Benitez (Napoli): €6.9 million
13. Walter Mazzarri (ex-Inter Milan): €6.8 million
14. Roberto Di Matteo (Schalke 04): €6 million
15. Luciano Spalletti (ex-Zenit) and Luis Enrique (Barcelona): €5.5 million
17. Antonio Conte (Italy): €5.3 million
18. Manuel Pellegrini (Manchester City): €5.2 million
19. Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool): €4.9 million
20. Roberto Mancini (Inter Milan): €4.8 million

Whereas his Celtic accomplishments read very impressively - three Scottish Premiership titles, two Scottish Cups, a Champions League round-of-16 appearance and a victory over Barcelona - Premier League employers are as suspicious of success in Scotland as they are of prolific Eredivisie strikers.

The even more decorated Walter Smith was forced to return north of the border after failing to bring his Rangers form to Everton. Gordon Strachan's Celtic trophy haul was similar to Lennon's and he had plenty of past English experience, but bombed in the Championship with promotion hopefuls Middlesbrough and was out of work for 27 months afterwards until the national team came calling.

Lennon's record was the easiest yet for Scottish football sceptics to pick holes in due to the absence of a competitive Rangers. Though he had admirable European results to counter that criticism with, it is unwise to hire a manager that you will judge on league progress based on cup performances.

https://betting.betfair.com/football/premier-league/leicester-city/leicester-city-next-manager-betting-july-2-2015-020715-205.html

I must say that if it is to be Lennon then it doesn't have a whiff of confidence and ambition to me. The record of John Barnes at Celtic is almost as good as Lennons spell, and for 2 of Lennon's years Rangers where not even in the top league. It shows how poor the league is and how it can flatter managers especially John Barnes and maybe Lennon to a degree.

It would be deflating if he was appointed, but doesn't mean he would not do well.

Looking on EPSN, if the owners are to be ambitious then they will need to dig deep. I believe Pearson was on around £1M a year? Top European managers seem to earn €4.5M plus, so that's the bench mark to even get them to pick up to phone, plus there would be compensation to clubs. I guess we watch this space, but any manager on this list in the top 20 has to be unlikely.

It is possible that the owners, who now have experience of the PL, might have changed their defition of ambitious. They could have the ambition of staying up for example....

I must say that if it is to be Lennon then it doesn't have a whiff of confidence and ambition to me. The record of John Barnes at Celtic is almost as good as Lennons spell, and for 2 of Lennon's years Rangers where not even in the top league. It shows how poor the league is and how it can flatter managers especially John Barnes and maybe Lennon to a degree.

It would be deflating if he was appointed, but doesn't mean he would not do well.

Looking on EPSN, if the owners are to be ambitious then they will need to dig deep. I believe Pearson was on around £1M a year? Top European managers seem to earn €4.5M plus, so that's the bench mark to even get them to pick up to phone, plus there would be compensation to clubs. I guess we watch this space, but any manager on this list in the top 20 has to be unlikely.

It is possible that the owners, who now have experience of the PL, might have changed their defition of 'ambitious.' They could have the ambition of staying up for example....

Prandelli? Thought he was a good manager for Italy, although not so good for Galatasary. Wouldprefer him to Allardyce/Dyche etc. Currently not working and he might attract some decent players.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

Prandelli? Thought he was a good manager for Italy, although not so good for Galatasary. Wouldprefer him to Allardyce/Dyche etc. Currently not working and he might attract some decent players.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk

I'd prefer Vincenzo Montella if we're going to go for any Italian manager. Took Fiorentina to the semi-final of the Europa League this year and finished fourth in Serie A in the last 3 seasons. Maybe unrealistic but I'd at least like us to talk to people like this, if they say no then so be it. 

Di Matteo?

Manager of 2 clubs in PL, sacked from them both.

Obviously, his caretaker spell at Chelsea was a huge success, mainly by switching AVB's high line something grossly unsuited to JT & co, to a park the bus. His spell at Schalke before resigning was disappointing

Moyes? Wouldn't be against him

Did a good job at Preston, but didn't win anything at everton despite an unprecedented 10 years in the job, Man Utd showed his tactical naivety

Allardyce? Best of the realistic names mentioned, I like his attitude, but not his tactics. To me he is essentially the same as NP, just a few years further along in his managerial career. Don't want long ball tactics though

Hiddink? lol. Delusions of grandeur?

Almost unrivalled managerial experience and success - Right up there with the highest paid managers in the world

Di Matteo won the fa cup and the champions league with Chelsea.

Not winning anything isnt a reason against a manager. Moyes is a top 10 manager no doubt.

Allardyce is the blueprint that Pearson followed. His teams dont just play long ball.

Hiddink is the most unrealistic. However I cant imagine he'd have commanded much more than Svennis. Money talks and if the Thai's want marquee, he fits the bill.

Pearson was a good manager overall for us no doubt about it, but the idea that there is nobody better out there within our reach just isnt true.

Big Sam was quoted as saying he wasn't interested... (could be just a negotiating ploy I suppose)

He wasn't quoted a saying that at all, he has made no comment about it. The only thing said is that it's "believed" he's not interested, and other such comments.

Some of the names chucked about on here, absolutely mental lol

Di Matteo won the fa cup and the champions league with Chelsea.

Not winning anything isnt a reason against a manager. Moyes is a top 10 manager no doubt.

Allardyce is the blueprint that Pearson followed. His teams dont just play long ball.

Hiddink is the most unrealistic. However I cant imagine he'd have commanded much more than Svennis. Money talks and if the Thai's want marquee, he fits the bill.

Pearson was a good manager overall for us no doubt about it, but the idea that there is nobody better out there within our reach just isnt true.

Nigel was a good manager carnt knock him just feel we have to go for a higher profile manager now no point taking on people who may fit the bill or have played for us before we have to move on

He wasn't quoted a saying that at all, he has made no comment about it. The only thing said is that it's "believed" he's not interested, and other such comments.

Some of the names chucked about on here, absolutely mental lol

Top:"Fancy the gig then big man?"

Sam:"To be honest I fancy a bit of a break from it all.."

Top:"How about £2m a season for three years and a £1m bonus if you keep us up?"

Sam:"I'll be there in ten..."

Cannot believe anyone would want Redknapp near us. The bloke's the biggest fraud going. Nothing but a sweet talker, average manager who gets by due to his media handling style.

If we binned off what we had under Pearson and brought in Redknapp I'd be fully behind any campaign to oust these owners.

Owners with ambition hey......ha Lennon Allerdyce etc thats doesnt sound like ambition to me, if they are really serious about achieving their goals they need someone who will continue Pearsons high press, high energy, fast counter methods naturally....someone not scared of his teams underdog status, some one with a track record of pushing an medium status club to near the top of the tree...........there is really only one choice that fits that bill, Klopp so get it done.....yes his salary will be 5 times that of the people now being proposed but for a perfect fit it would be worth it and i believe the man would come here, its what he himself professes to want.......so come on Top, how ambitious are you really???

He may have spent money where he's been but we've got money. With the right person signing the cheques it could work.

He is 4th on my list though - a last resort if you will. Would have him over Lennon, Cotterill, Poyet, Dyche etc

The right person being Rudkin? lol

Based on what? The only thing I've heard about him is he doesn't rate any of our players. He sounds like a total dick.

Redknapp would never work for us because he's crap. You make out like he's done well with tight budgets or something.

Owners with ambition hey......ha Lennon Allerdyce etc thats doesnt sound like ambition to me, if they are really serious about achieving their goals they need someone who will continue Pearsons high press, high energy, fast counter methods naturally....someone not scared of his teams underdog status, some one with a track record of pushing an medium status club to near the top of the tree...........there is really only one choice that fits that bill, Klopp so get it done.....yes his salary will be 5 times that of the people now being proposed but for a perfect fit it would be worth it and i believe the man would come here, its what he himself professes to want.......so come on Top, how ambitious are you really???

Have the owners said they are looking at allardyce or lennon ??? all paper talk at the moment

Guest MattP

The Mercury actually have a picture of Klopp on the back page today lol Do people really think he's a serious candidate?

The Mercury actually have a picture of Klopp on the back page today lol Do people really think he's a serious candidate?

Absolutely embarrassing, isn't it? The amount of people who've said 'Get Klopp, maybe Hiddink if he won't come' like either of those managers would ever dream of managing Leicester City... absolutely flabbergasting.

Archived