Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

I just can't believe that in the 21st century, with football being a global game and the Premier League having worldwide reach and popularity, that the owners would even consider hiring the manager of a side which finished 18th in last season's Championship to push a Premier League side on this year.

It's irrelevant that he's a former player here - that was 15 years ago and the club is almost unrecognisable from what it was then.

Objectively speaking there must be literally hundreds of better candidates for the job than Lennon but as usual a job comes up and it's the same old tired insular boys' club names plus the odd ex-player. I've even seen Holloway's name mentioned (not on this forum) for god's sake.

This appointment is critical and I would favour a "safe" appointment (Allardyce or if we're feeling punchy then Moyes would be a big coup for the club) but if we are going to go for somebody totally unproven in the top flight can we at least aim a little higher than Neil Lennon?

There's no harm in trying either to tempt a bigger name. We won't get them but we might make an impression that is remembered in the future should we (more than likely) need another manager in a couple of years time.

Loved Lennon as a player but not for me as a manager.

Flip it round- if we'd sacked Lennon after this season and Pearson had finished 18th in the Championship, would he be a candidate to take over?

From what I have just read they say it is between Lennon and Gus Hiddink, very happy with this! imo Lennon is a very underrated manager, you can argue that it was a given that he would win titles with Celtic however he did get them into the last 16 of champions League. The other thing that he is good at which should excite most fan's is the way he can help player's develop, for example wanyama(southampton) and forster(southampton) plus im pretty sure he brought in van dijk and other's. He know's us better than anyone, this club need's someone they can relate to and I don't think well get that in Hiddink and im not convinced that he would have the same impact at the club as Lennon would.

Getting Hiddink in would be a real coup don't get me wrong but having a managerial c.v. like he has im sure he will want a big budget and wage, sure he could attract big player's to join us but no guarentee they will fit in here. Going on that basis I would prefer to have Lennon put in and for him to put his mark on the squad by bringing in player's he can nuture and build into strong player's much like Pearson has in the past. Anyway I know there a lot of people who don't rate or want lennon, but im not one of those and I would welcome him to the club should we offer him the chance.

One thing is for sure though, I think we need to make this appointment within the next 7-10 day's max. Pearson's sacking has been a shock and no doubt some of the player's are unsettled, also without anyone in charge we can't look at potential transfer target's and were about to start pre-season. 

The club has changed almost beyond recognition since he was playing for us, how exactly does he 'know us better than anyone'? He only knows Martin O'Neill's Leicester City, up to the point when he decided to sod off to Celtic.

The club has changed almost beyond recognition since he was playing for us, how exactly does he 'know us better than anyone'? He only knows Martin O'Neill's Leicester City, up to the point when he decided to sod off to Celtic.

You obviously don't keep up with the time's then and watch much tv do you?

"We want a top ten finish this season, we want Europe in three years, and to achieve this we've got in Neil Lennon, a man who defied all the odds to achieve a lofty 18th place finish in the championship with the mighty Bolton".

****ing lunacy.

"We want a top ten finish this season, we want Europe in three years, and to achieve this we've got in Neil Lennon, a man who defied all the odds to achieve a lofty 18th place finish in the championship with the mighty Bolton".

****ing lunacy.

Yeah I appreciate what you say there, however the guy is not a magician and he came there part way through there season when they were already in trouble. So don't look at his record at Bolton Look at his record at Celtic, your still convinced he is isn't good enough and give me your alternative for who we should put in charge.

There's been tons of discussion (and rightly) on who we might want for the job, but turn it on its head.....

I wonder who actually wants it?

Ie is there lots of interest, or not?

Just wonder..

Eg. Moyes has been mentioned...but many have said he's content in Spain.

Howe is very happy at Bournemouth.

Grayson has just got Preston up

Allardyce wants a break...

Etc....

Yeah I appreciate what you say there, however the guy is not a magician and he came there part way through there season when they were already in trouble. So don't look at his record at Bolton Look at his record at Celtic, your still convinced he is isn't good enough and give me your alternative for who we should put in charge.

But in his time in charge they were 12th, and it's not as if they weren't underachieving being down there anyway.

You obviously don't keep up with the time's then and watch much tv do you?

Oh right, so he's been at every game this season, as well as down at the training ground analysing the strengths and weaknesses of every player. I assume he's got a full knowledge of the best prospects in our academy seeing as he 'knows us better than anyone' as well. Obviously none of the staff, the training gorund and facilities or any of that stuff has changed since he left either, so that should all be fine.

But in his time in charge they were 12th, and it's not as if they weren't underachieving being down there anyway.

Like I said forget about his sting in charge of Bolton, then look at celtic and what he achieved! is the last 16 of the champions league something to turn your nose up at?

Living off one flukey win against Barcelona. And winning things in Scotland with Celtic is no big achievement, it'd be like managing Chelsea if you replaced the rest of the Premier League with a bunch of League1/League 2 sides - you don't have to be some genius manager, you just win more or less by default.

Like I said forget about his sting in charge of Bolton, then look at celtic and what he achieved! is the last 16 of the champions league something to turn your nose up at?

He managed that once thanks to fluking one win and some shocking referring to get another win. He won trophies with Celtic yes, but in a shit division with no rangers... my goldfish could have won that division and it's been dead for over 10 years.

There's been tons of discussion (and rightly) on who we might want for the job, but turn it on its head.....

I wonder who actually wants it?

Ie is there lots of interest, or not?

Just wonder..

Eg. Moyes has been mentioned...but many have said he's content in Spain.

Howe is very happy at Bournemouth.

Grayson has just got Preston up

Allardyce wants a break...

Etc....

I don't think there can be many people, other than desperate managers like Cotterill/Lennon who won't get anyone to the Prem themselves, that would be relishing the opportunity of working for owners who've just proved they could sack you even if you fulfill their on-field expectations.

Forget Bolton then.. Gordon Strachan did exactly the same. Would you have him here?

It seems if you're pro Pearson then you're anti anyone else.

There's someone on another thread saying Hiddink wouldnt be good enough and has done nothing!!

Not anti-anyone else. It's just hard to get excited about being managed by someone who's clearly not as good as Pearson. Everyone who is as proven as Pearson just wouldn't come.

I'm not going to be negative towards whoever gets the job, but it was a stupid decision. One that will probably really **** the club. It's hard not to be anti-King Power.

Not anti-anyone else. It's just hard to get excited about being managed by someone who's clearly not as good as Pearson. Everyone who is as proven as Pearson just wouldn't come.

I'm not going to be negative towards whoever gets the job, but it was a stupid decision. One that will probably really **** the club. It's hard not to be anti-King Power.

Hand on heart Mark, I doubt anyone will live up to Pearson in your (and many others) eyes.

People will have to get over it. He's gone.

The king is dead. Long live the king.

Living off one flukey win against Barcelona. And winning things in Scotland with Celtic is no big achievement, it'd be like managing Chelsea if you replaced the rest of the Premier League with a bunch of League1/League 2 sides - you don't have to be some genius manager, you just win more or less by default.

oh right so team's in football are not allowed to have luck in football....?  lol I will be honest you come across as someone very outspoken looking at your previous post's and like to find fault's in most thing's posted on here. But as a fan I am entitled to have an opinion on who I think would be the right man to take the club forward. Making comment's like "living off one flukey win against Barcelona" "winning thing in scotland with Celtic is no big achievement" "you don't have to be some genius manager, you just win more or less by default" some great quotes in there but you will forgive me if off the back of you saying this and not answering my original question of who you would put in charge that I don't value your opinion.

Archived