Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Lennon? Seriously? Christ. How have we fallen so quickly.

Two days ago we had one of the brightest English managerial talents now we're looking at getting in an old favourite to tide the fans over?

Lennon has a history of pissing a lot of people off and does not have this job in him.

Why we are suddenly at a stage where we are happy to settle for a manager who will probably keep us up I don't know. A few weeks ago the majority on this forum would be saying we'd be pushing for a finish above 14th.

If the owners didn't have a plan, which it seems they don't, They should have sucked it up and got on with it. Disaster. 

There are people on here who have definitely over estimated Pearson. We won 7 of the last 9 after a desperately poor first attempt by Pearson in the first, let's say 26 games.

We survived because eventually Pearson let Cambiasso take control on the pitch and probably to a large degree on the training ground.

We had Huth - You do not have to be a genius to realise our central defense up to Christmas was awful so to get a recognised top level central defender to the club on loan ( who was on the bench at his club) is something my mother would have done, it was so obvious! Then at long, long last Pearson realised the experience and quality of Albrighton should be utilised.

[ Wins to matches played ratio for Huth about 50%, Albrighton was second best at about 40+%]

Now OK, Pearson did manage survival, but don't overdo the 'saviour' bit.

The way people are talking on here suggests they actually think Pearson is better than everyone else, he ain't! Average at best!

This has been confirmed to me by an 'insider' who's a high ranking member of my Golf Club. He states that Cambiasso may as well have been running the show for the last 10 games. He's usually pretty good with his info so who knows.

Why are folk so against Lennon?

He played for Leicester and must have some affinity with the club.

Managed a team where the expectation levels were at the highest and managed same club in Champions League.

Lived through death threats and still delivered.

In only a short time at Bolton, Lennon pulled them up from the bottom of the league by 10 places.

He used to be a bit of a drinker, witnessed first hand.

I'm not saying he's my first choice but would he be that bad a choice?

If its Lennon I will be even more bemused. He has no premier league experience and very little managerial experience at all. This is all bloody crazy and radiculous!

Someone experienced and is going to play similar football to Pearson or get grovelling on the phone to big Nige so he can complete the job.

Stupid decision by the owners. Still fuming.

If its Lennon I will be even more bemused. He has no premier league experience and very little managerial experience at all. This is all bloody crazy and radiculous!

Someone experienced and is going to play similar football to Pearson or get grovelling on the phone to big Nige so he can complete the job.

Stupid decision by the owners. Still fuming.

If it wasn't for the fact that he's an ex Leicester player we would all be up I. Arms at the mere suggestion Lennon was in the frame

Guest ttfn

Alan Curbishley a seemingly forgotten manager who could still do a job imo

Yeah maybe we should go after Howard Wilkinson whilst we're at it.

Just a rumour, probably a ridiculous one, but theres been some mention of Klopp being spotted at EMA. People probably just stirring the pot but would cream myself if there is any truth in it.

This though http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/01/neil-lennon-emerges-early-frontrunner-leicester-city-manager

:nigel:

That's because Freedman needs a new assistant manager at Forest

I think whoever they get in will be a huge indication of what their ACTUAL ambitions are. Lennon I'm afraid, is not the right man. But as to who I'd like to see, I would like see a proven manager who can continue are upwards momentum. I cannot but think we are at a point rather like when MON left - and by chosing a manager then who was unproven, we all know what happened next!

We cannot have history repeat itself!

This has been confirmed to me by an 'insider' who's a high ranking member of my Golf Club. He states that Cambiasso may as well have been running the show for the last 10 games. He's usually pretty good with his info so who knows.

I had heard exactly the same from a friend who does seem to know things ( not transfers ) from inside the club. He said Cambiasso from the Arsenal game was 'running the show', whenever that was, and he is usually pretty good with his info.

Another one that he has told me about, which could worry a lot of fans, is that Vardy's girlfriend is weilding control over Vardy, who we are led to believe anyway is a man with issues. Apparently ( don't shoot the messanger ) she wants him to leave Leicester, much against the wishes of Vardy's family and agent, who are telling Vardy that Leicester City is best for him. This is causing rifts and fractures in Vardy's life, apparently.

I had heard exactly the same from a friend who does seem to know things ( not transfers ) from inside the club. He said Cambiasso from the Arsenal game was 'running the show', whenever that was, and he is usually pretty good with his info.

Another one that he has told me about, which could worry a lot of fans, is that Vardy's girlfriend is weilding control over Vardy, who we are led to believe anyway is a man with issues. Apparently ( don't shoot the messanger ) she wants him to leave Leicester, much against the wishes of Vardy's family and agent, who are telling Vardy that Leicester City is best for him. This is causing rifts and fractures in Vardy's life, apparently.

The woman who said on twitter to Nugents Mrs they were "going nowhere".

We survived because eventually Pearson let Cambiasso take control on the pitch and probably to a large degree on the training ground.

Absolute horse plop.

I'd much rather give the job to Cambiasso then Lennon. The more I think about it, the more I want Esteban to get it.

As for Vardy. I know the girl and this would surprise me greatly.

"Dynamic tactical prowess" - and you would equate that with Nigel Pearson?????!!!!!!!???????

Really, so many members on here need to get their heads out from up his arse. Your head must be up his arse. Is your head up his arse? Are you flexible enough to ge...aah **** it.

Interestingly Ian Baker is touting Lennon too.

Nice... good to see a respectful response.

I suggest you revisit my post and engage your brain. At what point did I say Pearson exhibited these qualities? I merely suggested that Lennon does not possess these capabilities. I would suggest actually reading what is written before posting such reactionary responses in the future.

I can, look at the names of the people saying it.

Not sure what you mean by that Babs and don't know what your issue is with me. I live on Little Hill so if you want to meet for a beer pre-season so you can actually judge me in person them I'm down with that.

Who do Leicester City fans want to be their new manager?

By Barry_Cooper1  |  Posted: July 02, 2015

• 10410004-large.jpg

Who do Leicester City fans want to be their new manager?

VIEW GALLERY

Comments (0)

More than 3,000 Leicester City fans have given their verdict on who they want to replace Nigel Pearson.

The 51-year-old was sacked by the club on Tuesday evening following a four-year stint at the King Power Stadium despite heroically keeping the Foxes in the Premier League last season.

10398269-large.jpg

Former Borussia Dortmund head coach Jurgen Klopp was the resounding favourite claiming 21.7 per cent of the vote which has been running at www.leicestermercury.co.uk.

•  

City favourite and hero from the great escape Esteban Cambiasso came into second place with 15.8 per cent while Foxes legend Martin O'Neill was third with 14.5 per cent.

Other notable mentions were for current Bolton Wanderers boss Neil Lennon gained the support of 11.4 per cent of Mercury readers and Sam Allardyce, the former West Ham United manager who is wanted by 8.6 per cent of Foxes fans.

meta-chart.jpeg

Mercury readers vote for their first choice boss (%)

Speculation remains rife about who will be the new manager to replace Pearson, but if the Mercury's website poll is to be believed, Klopp would be welcomed with open arms at the King Power.

You can still cast your vote by clicking here.

Read more: http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-3000-vote-new-manager/story-26820255-detail/story.html#ixzz3eizpRZl7 

Follow us: @Leicester_Merc on Twitter | leicestermercury on Facebook

The more i think about it and read the stuff on here the more i'd like to see Cambiasso as player manager, but only if he could keep the same backroom staff with Shakey and Walsh. This for me would be an exciting prospect, and something that would possibly inspire players and fans alike. Continuity worked well for Liverpool back in the days when they were winning titles and trophies, maybe we could replicate that here.

Would anyone back an approach for Steve Bruce?

Sigh... difficult one. I'd always liked him as a manager, he plays our formation... but they had an awful year last year, although they had an awful time with injuries as well. How much did they take a toll on how Hull performed, hard to say.

The more i think about it and read the stuff on here the more i'd like to see Cambiasso as player manager, but only if he could keep the same backroom staff with Shakey and Walsh. This for me would be an exciting prospect, and something that would possibly inspire players and fans alike. Continuity worked well for Liverpool back in the days when they were winning titles and trophies, maybe we could replicate that here.

That continuity involved people that had been at the club for years.

Archived