Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

I said it before Xmas, and I'll say it again. Big Sam would be a great manager to have, but are we good enough for him?

Yes because big Sam has managed much better teams hasn't he? Sacked by Newcastle, sacked by Blackburn, released by West Ham. Great record eh?

Going with Hiddink or Sam we will do well... for me going with Lennon could see us relegated, he doesn't have any experience at top level and certainly struggled with Bolton in the league below

Gary Monk had no managerial experience whatsoever? Also Lennon has done a superb job steadying the ship at Bolton with very average players & no money at all. Yet easily kept them safe. Do some research before you comment only make yourself look like a fool.

Shia LaBeouf. Just think of the team talks.

He's mastered acting, he's mastered directing, he's mastered plagiarism, he's mastered performance art, he's mastered rapping, he's mastered motivational speeches, and now he's mastered shit haircuts. Who's to say he can't yet master managing too?

Guest ttfn

loving the reaction to lennon, if i could be arsed i'd go back and almost definitely find the same posters saying get lennon in from february.

as i've said lennon would be shit. obviously. cos he's a shit manager. and it just makes no sense. he was good at footy when he played here 15 years ago, fantastic. we're fvcked.

Back when i thought it was best Pearson left in mid-March (bless me for I have sinned), Lennon didn't seem like quite such a terrible option - we were heading for relegation and Pearson appeared to have gone totally doolally.

He's never been a good option but there's a world of difference between giving a mid-ranking Championship manager a shot at getting a well-backed team promoted and trying to push on a team that narrowly avoided PL relegation.

Back in March I was actually of the view that Martin Jol was the best available and achievable manager for us given our position - now he's not even in the top 10 or 20 - we're a totally different proposition for prospective managers (imqho)

Guest MattP

The more I think about it the more I think karanka is the man for me. Has approached the boro job in a very Pearson style and had a very similar task laid out in front of him.

I actually think that's a decent shout. (although I obviously hate him given he's foreign).

The more I think about it though the more I start to realise it probably doesn't matter, whatever the next manager does I'm sure he'll get to a point where he's either sacked for being shit or sacked because "we need someone to take us to a new level".

Then the next big name can enjoy the benefits of the King Power pension scheme, Capello will be ready by then, he'll probably have been given the boot by Russia.

Unfortunately the best options or the right options as we see them are unlikely to be how our owners see it They're clearly after a name again and a raising of our profile. Only real way that pays off is if Klopp can be persuaded - and that ain't gonna happen, is it?

Archived