Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Shakey & Walsh

Cambiasso may be worth a try if he truly wants management, rather than a several million pound contract in MLS etc

I'd far sooner look at the likes of Karanka than Lennon, who's Championship record is indifferent & park the bus tactics at Celtic diabolical

It's a poor show if the Thai's knowledge of football doesn't stretch beyond looking up who has already managed/played for us  :unsure:

John Rudkin has all the coaching badges and is already at the club. He could be the 'badge holder' for Esteban Cambiasso to run the team whilst he gets his coaching badges.

I know of two seperate claims that it was Cambiasso over the last ten or twelve matches who acually did more in organising our great escape than Pearson, on the training ground and on the pitch.

He has now gone to Spain or Majorca I've heard, maybe to get away from the press, whilst things are sorted back here. Rumour has it that Rudkin and Pearson weren't exactly bosom buddies and whichever way we look at things John Rudkin is very highly thought of at the King Power. He will have much as anyone to do with organising the new incumbant. Rumours about Cotterill and Lennon will to some extent be based upon Rudkin's knowledge of them both, but Rudkin knows Esteban Cambiasso as well, and he will know who it really was who did most to keep us in the Premier League, and if it was Cambiasso maybe Pearson was sacked for footballing reasons.

I think whoever they get in will be a huge indication of what their ACTUAL ambitions are. Lennon I'm afraid, is not the right man. But as to who I'd like to see, I would like see a proven manager who can continue are upwards momentum. I cannot but think we are at a point rather like when MON left - and by chosing a manager then who was unproven, we all know what happened next!

We cannot have history repeat itself!

Agreed.

Either give us a manager who can achieve the owner's stated ambitions or give us one a Championship manager and stop feeding us bullshit about a club going places.

The next appointment is a statement of intent.

I know of two seperate claims that it was Cambiasso over the last ten or twelve matches who acually did more in organising our great escape than Pearson, on the training ground and on the pitch.

I know about 30,000 claims of that being utter guff, a complete misinterpretation of someone saying he sat down in the canteen and jotted down where we'd get the points to stay up. All jumped on and fueled by the usual idiots who never want to give Pearson any credit for anything he ever achieved.

Agreed.

Either give us a manager who can achieve the owner's stated ambitions or give us one a Championship manager and stop feeding us bullshit about a club going places.

The next appointment is a statement of intent.

Spot-on

Pearson is better than anyone who's been seriously named

For the record I think talk of Klopp is just pie in the sky... But if the Thai's are serious on their stated aims, then their appointment will either prove or disprove it... If they went all out, hell for leather... How do we know we couldn't attract the likes of Klopp, who has said he'd sooner be involved in a project than just swimming in a £200m transfer kitty

I just don't see us getting someone in who can take us to the next level, as NP may well have done this coming season.

Who's available?

We're just going to end up with someone uninspiring like Poyet, Alladyce et al

We dont know that Pearson could have taken us to the next level.

People are talking like that was a given. It may well be that we spent another season chopping and changing personnel and formation but without the favourable run-in this time, ended up relegated. Just as likely as him taking us to the top 10.

They need to take there time and get it right, don't rush in for managers such as Lennon, plan it out and get someone in who matches their 'ambition'.

Give it to Shakey & Walshy for the time being.

This.

Surely those two would have been briefed on terms of pre-season schedule previously by Pearson, just follow that and give the club the chance to approach the likes of Klopp or Karanka.

Unlikely as those managers are, they're the only ones that would be more than a sidestep to Pearson.

I know about 30,000 claims of that being utter guff, a complete misinterpretation of someone saying he sat down in the canteen and jotted down where we'd get the points to stay up. All jumped on and fueled by the usual idiots who never want to give Pearson any credit for anything he ever achieved.

I've given Pearson plenty of credit, just reporting what I've been told (as many do on here, after all it is a DISCUSSION forum) not in a way to disrespect Pearson which you seem very upperty about like some teenage fanboi but as you are the fountain of all knowledge and a complete condescending nobend who likes to make sweeping statements about posters and people you know nothing about then that's fine. I kindly offered to have a drink with you as we live close by and you have not responded. Clearly an internet warrior who likes to judge people from his armchair rather than face to face.

Really really struggling to understand how I have offended you and why you feel the need to insult me.

People are talking like that was a given. It may well be that we spent another season chopping and changing personnel and formation but without the favourable run-in this time, ended up relegated. Just as likely as him taking us to the top 10.

Favourable run-in meant we'd already played the 'harder' teams when those around us hadn't, therefore it could be said the table wasn't a true reflection of our ability until we had played those lower down the table... just like everyone else already had done.

Some people really need to get over NP issues, the names linked with us show how good he was, in so much as barely one of them is any better than him & many of them much worse

True.

Hopefully we 'do a Southampton' and sack a perfectly good manager, only to bring in someone that takes us a step up. 

But unless we bring in someone proven (which I don't think we'll be able to attract) or someone who inexplicably does well (unlikely and a gamble) then I see us struggling this coming season. 

Hopefully we won't have second season syndrome and get relegated. I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Don't underestimate how much NP's squad building/man management pulled us over the line. 

I hope I'm wrong of course!

I've given Pearson plenty of credit, just reporting what I've been told (as many do on here, after all it is a DISCUSSION forum) not in a way to disrespect Pearson which you seem very upperty about like some teenage fanboi but as you are the fountain of all knowledge and a complete condescending nobend who likes to make sweeping statements about posters and people you know nothing about then that's fine. I kindly offered to have a drink with you as we live close by and you have not responded. Clearly an internet warrior who likes to judge people from his armchair rather than face to face.

Really really struggling to understand how I have offended you and why you feel the need to insult me.

I don't see how it fits in with the belief he's arrogant, stubborn and a bully. Why would he let someone else totally take over?

True.

Hopefully we 'do a Southampton' and sack a perfectly good manager, only to bring in someone that takes us a step up. 

But unless we bring in someone proven (which I don't think we'll be able to attract) or someone who inexplicably does well (unlikely and a gamble) then I see us struggling this coming season. 

Hopefully we won't have second season syndrome and get relegated. I wouldn't be surprised if we did. Don't underestimate how much NP's squad building/man management pulled us over the line. 

I hope I'm wrong of course!

I don't think it's really counts as 'second season syndrome' when you sack the manager who got you up and finished 14th and replace him with someone who has achieved very little, assuming the Lennon rumours are true, it's just the reward the owners get for being stupid.

Is it possible to cancel my season ticket direct debit? 

I'm not going down to the ground every weekend to watch this team get dismantled, lose games and get relegated. 

I've spent since 2007 going to every game, supporting the lads, feeling like we're building something here for the future (most of it with Pearson in charge). He made me proud of this club and the way it was being run. 

If the owners have really sacked Pearson to bring in Lennon then I'm afraid I'm voting with my money and handing back my ST. Ludicrous decision on their part.

Unproven and inept in the Championship with Bolton - a huge step backward.

I'll still support the team, but I'll do it for free, from home, with a stream. 

So our owners have sacked the manager, most likely on the telephone from far a field.

Whether it happens or not, I expect in the next 24hrs some type of statement, over future steps and real plans for the future.

I respect their descision, confused...but it was their call.Now its their duty to inform the fans, they have to keep the fans interest, and share what they see has the right direction.

At present blow any eastern Asian culture, and that less is more, their club and paying fans are British, with the soul, spirit, motivation of the hoarding, stubborn, romantic,moaning, simple Anglo-saxons they are.

Give us a good explanation/information show interest in us, youll get loyal support, understanding and belief in return, but lag behind, you understand business..you could wipe 3-7k fans from attending the opening games.

This is needed even if a manager appointment is not imminent.Rumours create names gossip on a crazy list.

Dont believe anybody will do, NP gave us higher targets to aim for, including for the next man in the hot seat.

The top six on that fav.list are not the ones that can be considered viable targets.

I don't see how it fits in with the belief he's arrogant, stubborn and a bully. Why would he let someone else totally take over?

I don't have the answer to that Question. From what I was told it wasn't 'complete control' but Esteban was handling a lot of the training drills and match tactics. Up until the point everything turned on it's head Pearson was on a massive losing streak and the pressure was on, I could fully understand him letting Cambiasso give a helping hand if he thought it could save the team and his job.

Would anyone back an approach for Steve Bruce?

Not keen but he would be a better choice than Lennon, however it would be another lack of ambition appointment. Bruce is only capable of keeping a team in the premier league. (well not last year)

So our owners have sacked the manager, most likely on the telephone from far a field.

Whether it happens or not, I expect in the next 24hrs some type of statement, over future steps and real plans for the future.

I respect their descision, confused...but it was their call.Now its their duty to inform the fans, they have to keep the fans interest, and share what they see has the right direction.

At present blow any eastern Asian culture, and that less is more, their club and paying fans are British, with the soul, spirit, motivation of the hoarding, stubborn, romantic,moaning, simple Anglo-saxons they are.

Give us a good explanation/information show interest in us, youll get loyal support, understanding and belief in return, but lag behind, you understand business..you could wipe 3-7k fans from attending the opening games.

This is needed even if a manager appointment is not imminent.Rumours create names gossip on a crazy list.

Dont believe anybody will do, NP gave us higher targets to aim for, including for the next man in the hot seat.

The top six on that fav.list are not the ones that can be considered viable targets.

Plenty of them a backwards step too

6/4 on their book now. Not many punt that kind of money unless they know something. clearly an appointment to satisfy the fans but what the hell are they doing appointing someone who is going to be in the press for all the wrong reasons as Pearson was. Even if it works out , we will just end up in the same place. Not convinced about his tactical nouse, though no doubting his passion and probable ability to keep the team spirit going.

4-6 , victor knows

Well Michael knows as he has booted victor out :)

Is it possible to cancel my season ticket direct debit? 

I'm not going down to the ground every weekend to watch this team get dismantled, lose games and get relegated. 

I've spent since 2007 going to every game, supporting the lads, feeling like we're building something here for the future (most of it with Pearson in charge). He made me proud of this club and the way it was being run. 

If the owners have really sacked Pearson to bring in Lennon then I'm afraid I'm voting with my money and handing back my ST. Ludicrous decision on their part.

Unproven and inept in the Championship with Bolton - a huge step backward.

I'll still support the team, but I'll do it for free, from home, with a stream.

JESUS calm the feck down cowboy

Let's give the guy a chance

Bolton looked religated and he saved them

Celtics record in the champions league for effectivly an english championship team was impressive

And he spilt his guts for us when he played

Let's all cop ourselves on and give him a chance

Not ideal appointment , but might not be the worst

Relax

JESUS calm the feck down cowboy

Let's give the guy a chance

Bolton looked religated and he saved them

Celtics record in the champions league for effectivly an english championship team was impressive

And he spilt his guts for us when he played

Let's all cop ourselves on and give him a chance

Not ideal appointment , but might not be the worst

Relax

Bolton should never have been down there in the first place and his actual record with them is pretty uninspiring, Celtic were average under him, one victory over barcelona does not mean he did well with them, his playing CV does not mean he'll be a good manager. 

Archived