Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

Patrick Viera for me...the guys a winner...France World Cup..Arsenal & Juventus/Inter serie A....the players would respect him...never gave less than 100 per cent,would demand the same from his players,,,has played under Wenger & Mouhrinio,must have learnt something...has by all accounts done well with the under 21s at Man City...was considered for the Newcastle job,so it looks like he is wanting to make the step up to manager...ok it would be a gamble but if Klopp/Allardyce/Moyes not interested,its one i would be willing to take...

I'd be happy with that. As I mentioned earlier, Remi Garde could also be an option.

Whilst the likes of Klopp, De Boer and Montella might not take the job, we'd be mad not to approach them. It's not going to hurt. You don't ask, you don't get.

Patrick Viera for me...the guys a winner...France World Cup..Arsenal & Juventus/Inter serie A....the players would respect him...never gave less than 100 per cent,would demand the same from his players,,,has played under Wenger & Mouhrinio,must have learnt something...has by all accounts done well with the under 21s at Man City...was considered for the Newcastle job,so it looks like he is wanting to make the step up to manager...ok it would be a gamble but if Klopp/Allardyce/Moyes not interested,its one i would be willing to take...

But you could say the same about Roy Keane....

Done well with their under 21 team that cost a shed load to buy, yeah great job.

Baffling.

The owners haven't really got a clue what they are doing, first manager they had come to the club was advised by Milan, obviously they had Nigel back (more out of desperation) which turned out to be a good call, now they have to go searching again, the problem is they have limited experience with talking to people, so they will be impressed by anyone who sits there nodding his head saying "yea I'll do that".

They will end up chasing big names not landing them and panicking into offering someone of Warnocks ilk the job. Basically we're ****ed.

The owners haven't really got a clue what they are doing, first manager they had come to the club was advised by Milan, obviously they had Nigel back (more out of desperation) which turned out to be a good call, now they have to go searching again, the problem is they have limited experience with talking to people, so they will be impressed by anyone who sits there nodding his head saying "yea I'll do that".

They will end up chasing big names not landing them and panicking into offering someone of Warnocks ilk the job. Basically we're ****ed.

Hopefully rudkin has more about him than to allow that to happen.

Only issue is, not sure if rudkin is a jobs for the boys kinda guy.

Klopp 1st choice, we are ready made for what he wants, team outside the top 4 to improve and just wants to be a coach....

Cambiasso 2nd choice, just for the fact he will play again and have Shakespeare as his right hand man.....

Moyes 3rd choice, steady manager, would keep us up and also bring the younger players through, not an exciting style of football though.....

All the rest can 'feck off and die'

Up the City....

Are we deluded or what , what on earth would Klopp or moyes even be doing looking at us

Kop yourself on if moyes wanted the job we should walk on hot coal to get him , but he won't

We will get a cheap option .....as none of the better options will come here without 60-70m in transfer funds

Bottom 3 here we come :(

And there's Andrew Neville too - the director of football operations (whatever that is) - I would have thought he's no mug inputting into this process...

It's just a ****ing mess... new manager comes in - perhaps he doesn't fancy the likes of Fuchs, Okazaki and Huth. Then what? I thought we'd gone above and beyond the managerial merry-go-round with a guy who seemed to be relatively loyal. Now I fear we could join other clubs who chop and change all the time.

Absolutely critical appointment.

Yip I agree with that

Victor chandler laid £5000 to win £15,000 last night on Lennon , "regular big punter on football appointments"

I can't get 500 on , obviously not a regular big punter

6/4 on their book now. Not many punt that kind of money unless they know something. clearly an appointment to satisfy the fans but what the hell are they doing appointing someone who is going to be in the press for all the wrong reasons as Pearson was. Even if it works out , we will just end up in the same place. Not convinced about his tactical nouse, though no doubting his passion and probable ability to keep the team spirit going.

If its Lennon I will be even more bemused. He has no premier league experience and very little managerial experience at all. This is all bloody crazy and radiculous!

Someone experienced and is going to play similar football to Pearson or get grovelling on the phone to big Nige so he can complete the job.

Stupid decision by the owners. Still fuming.

I am underwhelmed with the prospect of Neil Lennon managing us, He was a great player for us And I want it to remain that way.

Still needs to do more work in the championship add a promotion to his CV then maybe we should consider but certainly not now.

FFS the Thais need to get their head out of the sand and appoint someone on par with NP hell I would even take Eddie Howe here not that I would think he would come here but we are likely to stay up more than Bournemouth.

Loved Lennny as a player, but can't say I'd be overjoyed if we appointed him as manager and personally think it would be a backwards step. Doesn't come across to me as a manager that has the pulling power to bring top players to the club, the intelligence to put in place leading class support functions (Training, Sports Science, Scouting, etc), or the dynamic tactical prowess to succeed at the highest level.

Loved Lennny as a player, but can't say I'd be overjoyed if we appointed him as manager and personally think it would be a backwards step. Doesn't come across to me as a manager that has the pulling power to bring top players to the club, the intelligence to put in place leading class support functions (Training, Sports Science, Scouting, etc), or the dynamic tactical prowess to succeed at the highest level.

The 'trade' never thought that Nigel had any tactical nouse. But I think he has shown his intelligence in embracing the sports science side of the game. I wonder if Lenny is as forward thinking in that regard.

"Dynamic tactical prowess" - and you would equate that with Nigel Pearson?????!!!!!!!??????? 

Really, so many members on here need to get their heads out from up his arse. Your head must be up his arse. Is your head up his arse? Are you flexible enough to ge...aah **** it.

Interestingly Ian Baker is touting Lennon too. 

Known of Lennon though certain people (facts) since he signed and was staying at the Sketchley Grange in Hinckley.

Whilst a fantastic player for us, he was one of the lads and off field his lifestyle may not fit in with that of a Monk to put it politely.

Even Marshall a pal suggested the job is too big for him.

Be surprised if its not a name that would be known in Bangkok/ Thailand.

There are people on here who have definitely over estimated Pearson. We won 7 of the last 9 after a desperately poor first attempt by Pearson in the first, let's say 26 games.

We survived because eventually Pearson let Cambiasso take control on the pitch and probably to a large degree on the training ground.

We had Huth - You do not have to be a genius to realise our central defense up to Christmas was awful so to get a recognised top level central defender to the club on loan ( who was on the bench at his club) is something my mother would have done, it was so obvious! Then at long, long last Pearson realised the experience and quality of Albrighton should be utilised.

[ Wins to matches played ratio for Huth about 50%, Albrighton was second best at about 40+%]

Now OK, Pearson did manage survival, but don't overdo the 'saviour' bit.

The way people are talking on here suggests they actually think Pearson is better than everyone else, he ain't! Average at best!

Archived