Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Who do you want as next boss

if we are serious about moving on and upwards in this league we must go for klopp all the others mentioned are a sidewards step at best

Really , Klopp would come here

lol lol lol lol

Too funny

Reality needs to bite for a lot on here

Bolton should never have been down there in the first place and his actual record with them is pretty uninspiring, Celtic were average under him, one victory over barcelona does not mean he did well with them, his playing CV does not mean he'll be a good manager.

But Bolton were down there ? Your point ? ,,,,, he got them out of there

And getting out of the champions league group stages is impressive ask half of the super clubs that miss it every year !

Two titles and two cups in 3 full seasons is fantastic

Think honestly some on here are deluded

Look at what the chap at Norwich has done , don't underestimate the pressure of managing and succeeding in Scotland , the standard might not be great at times the pressure is Huge

Lenny will do for me , because the owners don't want to spend big on anything so of the bargain options he is the best

Klopp talk on here is fecking crazy shite

Favourable run-in meant we'd already played the 'harder' teams when those around us hadn't, therefore it could be said the table wasn't a true reflection of our ability until we had played those lower down the table... just like everyone else already had done.

Some people really need to get over NP issues, the names linked with us show how good he was, in so much as barely one of them is any better than him & many of them much worse

Have no issue with NP, just think he was limited as a manager.

Of those linked I dont know how you can say that barely one of them is better.

Di Matteo

Moyes

Allardyce

Hiddink

Not better than Pearson? Come on. You can be a fan of Pearson but be realistic at the same time.

Di Matteo

Moyes

Allardyce

Hiddink

Not better than Pearson? Come on. You can be a fan of Pearson but be realistic at the same time.

But if we don't get one of those 4, then who are we left with? Uninspiring dross...

Really , Klopp would come here

lol lol lol lol

Too funny

Reality needs to bite for a lot on here

he had already stated he want his next move to be a challenge rather than a club with millions to spend so why not he can only say no it would show that the owners are serious about moving forward and lets face it who else is up to the job

I agree our chance of getting Klopp are slim at best but if the club did approach him we can have faith the owners are ambitious.

We will be confirmed as one of the top 30 clubs in the world soon when Deloitte release their latest reports.

Let's have a manager that represents that and has done something to earn his position as our manager. Neil Lennon was wanted by Bolton a year a go and his stock hasn't risen in that time.

I agree our chance of getting Klopp are slim at best but if the club did approach him we can have faith the owners are ambitious.

We will be confirmed as one of the top 30 clubs in the world soon when Deloitte release their latest reports.

Let's have a manager that represents that and has done something to earn his position as our manager. Neil Lennon was wanted by Bolton a year a go and his stock hasn't risen in that time.

my thoughts exactly sounding him out about the job carnt do any harm

But Bolton were down there ? Your point ? ,,,,, he got them out of there

And getting out of the champions league group stages is impressive ask half of the super clubs that miss it every year !

Two titles and two cups in 3 full seasons is fantastic

Think honestly some on here are deluded

Look at what the chap at Norwich has done , don't underestimate the pressure of managing and succeeding in Scotland , the standard might not be great at times the pressure is Huge

Lenny will do for me , because the owners don't want to spend big on anything so of the bargain options he is the best

Klopp talk on here is fecking crazy shite

My point is that any manager who isn't completely useless could get them out of it, they shouldn't have been down there to start with. His stats with them tell the full story - from when he came in they averaged 12th. Midtable championship is his limit at the moment

In one season, in two others he failed to even win the one game needed to get into the group stage, and in the final one they got thoroughly humiliated.

Three titles and three cups in four full seasons while Rangers were gone is not that impressive. It's akin to Real Madrid taking two seasons out and people claiming that Barcelona did great to win two titles - it's the bare minimum expected. He had two seasons with rangers still in the division, one where they were busy trying to stave off financial oblivion; the one where rangers were in a position to be competitive, they won the league and celtic missed out, beyond that the cups - when you're easily the biggest team, winning and challenging for them is to be expected, but he threw away a lot, including getting knocked out by Morton, akin to Manchester United getting beaten by Chesterfield.

Klopp is pie in the sky, but we should be able to do better than Lennon, ****ing hell we've just got rid of someone better than him.

So our owners have sacked the manager, most likely on the telephone from far a field.

Whether it happens or not, I expect in the next 24hrs some type of statement, over future steps and real plans for the future.

I respect their descision, confused...but it was their call.Now its their duty to inform the fans, they have to keep the fans interest, and share what they see has the right direction.

At present blow any eastern Asian culture, and that less is more, their club and paying fans are British, with the soul, spirit, motivation of the hoarding, stubborn, romantic,moaning, simple Anglo-saxons they are.

Give us a good explanation/information show interest in us, youll get loyal support, understanding and belief in return, but lag behind, you understand business..you could wipe 3-7k fans from attending the opening games.

This is needed even if a manager appointment is not imminent.Rumours create names gossip on a crazy list.

Dont believe anybody will do, NP gave us higher targets to aim for, including for the next man in the hot seat.

The top six on that fav.list are not the ones that can be considered viable targets.

An explanation that would satisfy the fans is not one they will give because it could be used in court.  We may never find out the real reason as any statement in public provides the basis of a case of reputational damage. 

Not inspired by Lennon. Think we can do a lot better. My order of preference would be;

1. Moyes - would move heaven and earth to get him. good experience, knows the league and more importantly has a point to prove

2. Allardyce - safe bet, would keep us up year on year

3. Cambiasso - would rather take a punt on him then go down the lower league route. knows the club and everyone respects him

4. Redknapp - knows the league, good motivator. he's wasted money elsewhere but hopefully Rudkin has more sense with the chequebook

I'm hoping someone from abroad sends in an application which catches the owners eyes. I can't seem them actively looking at the foreign market.

At least if he's foreign we won't know if he's shit or not and can at least go into the season hoping for the best.

Wouldn't mind Lennon. 

He's like for like with regard to passion and ability to have players playing for him, he will have a better squad than when he was Celtic, had Bolton play a blinding couple of matches against Liverpool, but ultimately with 0 money and an injury list bigger than anyone's, they struggled in the league, not to mention the club is full of has beens and egotistical w*nkers looking for a pay cheque.

Given a decent squad, with funding available, and a squad who want to play for the team and each other, he could be a fantastic choice, but who knows?

At the end of the day we don't know the reasons behind the sacking, and when it comes out what's happened maybe we will all agree it was the best decision?

instead of that people are just expecting the owners had either a poor reason or no reason at all and are saying we are going backwards, EVERYONE is expendable. 

Lennon is clearly good with the media, and has a very good tolerance to the crap fans throw about, a thicker skin than most, He's ambitious and loves the club.

At the end of the day, he only has to keep us up for a season and he's achieved the same top ability as Pearson, he's only 1 year behind him with regard to premier league experience, 

I agree the sacking was an odd decision but it may be completely justified.

Imagine if Lennon keeps us up? Lennon has more potential than Big Nige in my opinion, one thing that goes against Nigel is his ability to learn fast, we've been proven more than once that he struggles to learn from silly mistakes, and when the rot starts he also takes far too long to stop it. 

People need to calm down arguing against Lennon when they are happy to have Cambiasso in charge. 

I'd happily let Lennon take over, he's shown he can be tactically astute on the big stage, could you see us seriously giving Barcelona a run for their money? no matter how they approached it, they did, and they beat them. 

He deserves a chance in the top flight. 

Even looking at some of his signings at Celtic, he knows his way around the transfer market. ]

Wanyama - 900k, sold for over 12.5m

Ledley - signed for FREE (proven in the premier league now)

Fraser Forster - £2m - Sold for 10m

virgil van dijk - £2m - linked with arsenal for over £10m

I'm not saying his transfers are amazing, but he's shown he can handle the markets and find players good enough for the division, with more money to spend who knows who he could attract or find. 

Writing him off just because he was successful at Celtic then not very successful in a short spell at a club as ****ed as bolton is just silly. 

he had already stated he want his next move to be a challenge rather than a club with millions to spend so why not he can only say no it would show that the owners are serious about moving forward and lets face it who else is up to the job

Absolutely correct. If the owners are ambitious (leaving aside that they may have changed their definition of ambitious to 'stay up') they should be making him an offer he couldn't refuse....

4. Redknapp - knows the league, good motivator. he's wasted money elsewhere but hopefully Rudkin has more sense with the chequebook

He's a fraud who only "succeeds" if he's allowed to throw money at it until something works. He's a shit manager.

I know about 30,000 claims of that being utter guff, a complete misinterpretation of someone saying he sat down in the canteen and jotted down where we'd get the points to stay up. All jumped on and fueled by the usual idiots who never want to give Pearson any credit for anything he ever achieved.

lol lol

He's a fraud who only "succeeds" if he's allowed to throw money at it until something works. He's a shit manager.

He may have spent money where he's been but we've got money. With the right person signing the cheques it could work.

He is 4th on my list though - a last resort if you will. Would have him over Lennon, Cotterill, Poyet, Dyche etc

Wouldn't mind Lennon. 

He's like for like with regard to passion and ability to have players playing for him, he will have a better squad than when he was Celtic, had Bolton play a blinding couple of matches against Liverpool, but ultimately with 0 money and an injury list bigger than anyone's, they struggled in the league, not to mention the club is full of has beens and egotistical w*nkers looking for a pay cheque.

Given a decent squad, with funding available, and a squad who want to play for the team and each other, he could be a fantastic choice, but who knows?

At the end of the day we don't know the reasons behind the sacking, and when it comes out what's happened maybe we will all agree it was the best decision?

instead of that people are just expecting the owners had either a poor reason or no reason at all and are saying we are going backwards, EVERYONE is expendable. 

Lennon is clearly good with the media, and has a very good tolerance to the crap fans throw about, a thicker skin than most, He's ambitious and loves the club.

At the end of the day, he only has to keep us up for a season and he's achieved the same top ability as Pearson, he's only 1 year behind him with regard to premier league experience, 

I agree the sacking was an odd decision but it may be completely justified.

Imagine if Lennon keeps us up? Lennon has more potential than Big Nige in my opinion, one thing that goes against Nigel is his ability to learn fast, we've been proven more than once that he struggles to learn from silly mistakes, and when the rot starts he also takes far too long to stop it. 

People need to calm down arguing against Lennon when they are happy to have Cambiasso in charge. 

I'd happily let Lennon take over, he's shown he can be tactically astute on the big stage, could you see us seriously giving Barcelona a run for their money? no matter how they approached it, they did, and they beat them. 

He deserves a chance in the top flight. 

Even looking at some of his signings at Celtic, he knows his way around the transfer market. ]

Wanyama - 900k, sold for over 12.5m

Ledley - signed for FREE (proven in the premier league now)

Fraser Forster - £2m - Sold for 10m

virgil van dijk - £2m - linked with arsenal for over £10m

I'm not saying his transfers are amazing, but he's shown he can handle the markets and find players good enough for the division, with more money to spend who knows who he could attract or find. 

Writing him off just because he was successful at Celtic then not very successful in a short spell at a club as ****ed as bolton is just silly. 

Well said, I just wrote a shorter more shit version of this in the betting odds thread.

He may have spent money where he's been but we've got money. With the right person signing the cheques it could work.

He is 4th on my list though - a last resort if you will. Would have him over Lennon, Cotterill, Poyet, Dyche etc

But that's his only skill - he's an abysmal manager who needs to rack up massive amounts of debt to progress because he's got no idea how to manage a team, only to throw money at it until something happens. Remember last time we tried that and went backwards?

I'd not have him over anyone, even Bernie would be more competent.

Di Matteo

Moyes

Allardyce

Hiddink

Di Matteo?

Manager of 2 clubs in PL, sacked from them both.

Obviously, his caretaker spell at Chelsea was a huge success, mainly by switching AVB's high line something grossly unsuited to JT & co, to a park the bus. His spell at Schalke before resigning was disappointing

Moyes? Wouldn't be against him

Did a good job at Preston, but didn't win anything at everton despite an unprecedented 10 years in the job, Man Utd showed his tactical naivety

Allardyce? Best of the realistic names mentioned, I like his attitude, but not his tactics. To me he is essentially the same as NP, just a few years further along in his managerial career. Don't want long ball tactics though

Hiddink? lol. Delusions of grandeur?

Almost unrivalled managerial experience and success - Right up there with the highest paid managers in the world

Well said, I just wrote a shorter more shit version of this in the betting odds thread.

I'm not saying he's the answer, but he has potential, he's ambitious, has proven himself in transfer market of picking out decent buys, has pulled off a decent coup in the champions league, is a fan and club favourite which could help the team cohesion, and shouldn't just be written off so easily! 

I'd take him. 

Archived