Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Team Vs Sunderland

I'd give the players that actually tried there best during pre season

Kasper

Huth chillwell was

Schlupp

Albrighton

Drinkwater

King

Mahrez

Kramaric/okazaki vardy

Ulloa I wouldn't even put into the subs bench seemed like a right lazy twat, even if he was our most successful striker last season

Obviously never went to a game last season.

If Ranieri thinks Ulloa isn't fit, he's not going to play despite his goals last season. He's got more competition now, Kram is like a new signing and Shinji did wonders for his chances during his spell against Blues.

Thought he was a fan of 4-3-3?

Kasper

De Laet     Huth    Was    Schlupp/Fuchs

Kante       Drinkwater

King/Mahrez

Mahrez/Marc                     Vardy/Schlupp

Okazaki/Ulloa

Schmeichel, Fuchs, Huth, Wasyl, Schlupp, Albrighton, King, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy, Ulloa. Subs Schwarzer, Morgan, Chilwell, Kante, Benoluane, Kramaric, Okazaki.

3-5-2 Schlupp/Albrighton wing backs.

These line-ups are really highlighting our desperate need for cover on the left wing, we're massively restricted in our ability to be versatile with formations if Schlupp picks up an injury. Wouldn't trust Fuchs any further than wingback.

Schmeichel, Fuchs, Huth, Wasyl, Schlupp, Albrighton, King, Drinkwater, Mahrez, Vardy, Ulloa. Subs Schwarzer, Morgan, Chilwell, Kante, Benoluane, Kramaric, Okazaki.

3-5-2 Schlupp/Albrighton wing backs.

Think it'll be exactly this

These line-ups are really highlighting our desperate need for cover on the left wing, we're massively restricted in our ability to be versatile with formations if Schlupp picks up an injury. Wouldn't trust Fuchs any further than wingback.

We are fine. Mahrez can play on the left wing.

Didn't Albrighton play some on the left wing in one of the last two preseason games with Mahrez on the right? Or maybe I'm just remembering it backwards...

Didn't Albrighton play some on the left wing in one of the last two preseason games with Mahrez on the right? Or maybe I'm just remembering it backwards...

They'd switch wings, but IIRC Albrighton was mostly on the right.

Lawrence though, doesn't he play mostly as an attacking left winger?

I'll ask in here, if a mod wants to make it a new thread by all means, hope you all don't mind.

Just looking to get some opinions.

What do you think of Ranieri so far?

Unconvinced, but we've had next to nothing to base any opinions on. Pre season performances have been good, we've laboured a bit in the transfer market... I'll need to see about 10 games before I can give a proper assessment.

Opinions if any you have of how Advocaat will do with us?

I think you'll just about avoid relegation again, he's a decent manager for sure and you've made some decent signings over the summer. If I were a Sunderland fan, I'd be wanting to see a modest improvement on last season.

Where do you think Leicester will finish this season?

Hopefully outside of the relegation zone. I'd snap your hand off if you offered me 14th/15th right now.

Where do you think Sunderland will finish this season?

Probably about the same as last season.

Which of your players should we look out for on Saturday?

Kante is the new boy, and there's a lot of expectation being heaped on his shoulders already, with French fans labelling him the new Makelele. If he starts, watch out for Kramaric. Point to prove after a slow start last season, think he will surprise a few this season.

Who do you think our main threat will be?

Jermain Defoe is always dangerous. No idea if he's fit or will be playing though.

Will Nigel Pearson be a big loss?

100%. Despite what people think about his off field antics, he's been a fantastic manager for this club and has only ever improved the club's standing every season he's been here. Ranieri's got big shoes to fill - or in Nigel's case, giant, gleaming white trainers.

Similarly Cambiasso?

Yes, but a lot of fans hoping that Kante can fill that void, which I think is asking a lot.

What do you make of your transfer window leading up to the game? Any areas still need improvement?

It's just been labourous - long periods of nothing happening, transfers being dragged out over weeks and weeks and weeks. Think we've got some decent players in, but will be happy when the window closes to be honest. Could still do with some investment in midfield - particularly centre mid. Another defender wouldn't hurt either.

What do you think the score will be on a Saturday?

Going to be optimistic and say 2-0 Leicester.

Any opinions on Sunderland and it's fans as a whole?

There seems to be a very weird obsession with us on some of Sunderland's message boards. I quite liked Sunderland before that, but the bizarre comments being made at the end of last season, and every time there's a bit of news about us... Well, it's just a bit strange.

Archived