Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Team Vs Sunderland

Claudio's thoughts on the line-up. Interesting what he says about Benny, must be planning to use him as full back on occasion.

http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/Leicester-City-captain-Wes-Morgan-available/story-27558808-detail/story.html

Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri has confirmed captain Wes Morgan will be available for the Premier League opener against Sunderland.

But the City boss admitted he was unsure whether new signings N'Golo Kante and Yohan Benalouane would feature on Saturday.

Morgan has only just returned to City training this week after a hectic international summer schedule with Jamaica at the Copa America and the Gold Cup.

Kante and Benalouane, meanwhile, have only had three training sessions since joining the club on Monday.

Ranieri, though, said he had a fully-fit squad to choose from ahead of the visit of the Black Cats.

"We are fit," said Ranieri. "Wes is available and I will choose the line-up the night before the match.

"When everything is calm, I take all my thoughts and then I decide.

"I don't know now (whether Kante or Benalouane will be in his selection plans).

"I have watched them in just three training sessions. It is too early to say yes or no.

"Kante is a fantastic tackler. He is the first in the top five divisions in Europe. For recovering balls, he is the second. That is Kante.

"Benalouane is a strong, tall and very impressive defender.

"I saw Leicester last season, they changed system too many times.

"I needed a player who can play with either three or four at the back. With him I can do that without changing players."

"I saw Leicester last season, they changed system too many times.

"I needed a player who can play with either three or four at the back. With him I can do that without changing players."

Hmmm. Contradiction no?!

REALLY HOPE WE PERSIST OOPS with 3-4-1-2, we're not good enough centrally for 4-4-2 imo

Sunderland are poor!.. New signings not that great!.. They'll struggle this season... 4-1 Foxes!

We should take it to them, especially at home, 3 up front and attack with pace.

Schmeichel

Was - Huth - Morgan

Albrighton - Kante - King - Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy - Okazaki

Subs

Schwarzer

Benalouane

Fuchs

Drinkwater

Ulloa

Kramaric

I think he's referring to the lack of versatility. He wants to be able to tinker his tactics and formations without altering the line-up. 

If you look at last season, different formations required entirely different line-ups. We couldn't change the system in a match without wasting a sub on a defensive change. 

I hope he's not planning on going back to a 442. It doesn't work in this league unless you have outstanding central midfielders who are equally as good in attack and defence.

442 also stagnates Riyad who is our most creative player because he has more defensive responsiblilties and if he does go wandering we get exposed on that side.

3-4-1-2 please Claudio, let Riyad go wherever the **** he wants on the pitch.

I hope he's not planning on going back to a 442. It doesn't work in this league unless you have outstanding central midfielders who are equally as good in attack and defence.

442 also stagnates Riyad who is our most creative player because he has more defensive responsiblilties and if he does go wandering we get exposed on that side.

3-4-1-2 please Claudio, let Riyad go wherever the **** he wants on the pitch.

That's what we're working on, look at who we're trying to sign.

Team I think we should play, not necessarily what I want to play:

Schmeichel

Was - Huth - Fuchs

Albrighton            -               Schlupp

King - Drinkwater

Mahrez

Vardy - Okazaki

Schmeichel

Was Huth Bennaloune

Kante

Albrighton                        Schlupp

Marhez

Kramaric

Vardy Okazaki

I'd give the players that actually tried there best during pre season

Kasper

Huth chillwell was

Schlupp

Albrighton

Drinkwater

King

Mahrez

Kramaric/okazaki vardy

Ulloa I wouldn't even put into the subs bench seemed like a right lazy twat, even if he was our most successful striker last season

Archived