Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Team Vs Sunderland

Hi, Sunderland fan here.

Don't have permission to start a new topic on here but could I ask you all some questions about Saturday, I'm doing a match preview?

Ask them in here and a mod might make it a new thread or pm one of the mods. DavieG is normally a good bet.

Ask them in here and a mod might make it a new thread or pm one of the mods. DavieG is normally a good bet.

I'll ask in here, if a mod wants to make it a new thread by all means, hope you all don't mind.

Just looking to get some opinions.

What do you think of Ranieri so far?

Opinions if any you have of how Advocaat will do with us?

Where do you think Leicester will finish this season?

Where do you think Sunderland will finish this season?

Which of your players should we look out for on Saturday?

Who do you think our main threat will be?

Will Nigel Pearson be a big loss?

Similarly Cambiasso?

What do you make of your transfer window leading up to the game? Any areas still need improvement?

What do you think the score will be on a Saturday?

Any opinions on Sunderland and it's fans as a whole?

I'll appreciate any responses you can give me. Thanks lads.

I'll ask in here, if a mod wants to make it a new thread by all means, hope you all don't mind.

Similarly Cambiasso?

What do you make of your transfer window leading up to the game? Any areas still need improvement?

Talks more than my Mrs. You sound like a right Nosey git. All you need to know is We are massive.

Saying all the right things so far, but will be judged on performances, perhaps slightly more harshly than Pearson was.

I think his best days are behind him, but I did when he was appointed and he managed to keep you up. I didn't think you looked particularly convincing in the run in and your signings are a mixed bag in my opinion. I'll think you'll be in for a scrap again this season.

An optimistic 12th.

16th/17th.

Mahrez. Had a great pre-season after a very decent first Premier League campaign last year.

Your new fella Lens.

I think we would have stayed up with him in charge this year, perhaps finishing 14th again. Solid but unspectacular, I was a fan of his slowly but surely approach. I think we've rolled the dice a bit with CR... let's hope it's a gamble that pays off.

Similarly Cambiasso?

Still needs replacing. If we get Inler, I'll be satisfied. If Drinkwater or King becomes his replacement, we will really miss his dictation of the play and expansive passing.

Pretty good so far actually, we've made a few quality additions rather than wholesale changes which I think was the correct approach. Kante gives us a mobile DCM we've been needing in the squad for years, and Fuchs and Okazaki add top flight and international experience from a high quality league. A good quality CM who can dictate the attacking play with his passes. Would be happy to see us break the bank for this kind of player.

2-1 to Leicester.

Personally am pretty neutral towards Sunderland, although there seems to have been a bit of snark between both sets of fans since last season. 'Leicesterlona' springs to mind  lol 

Similarly Cambiasso?

Be carefull city fans...this is D.Advocaat, trying to see what he can find out before Saturdays match...

crafty bu ##er..!!

I'd go for:....

3-4-1-2

Schmeichel

Wasilewski

Huth

Fuchs

Albrighton

Kanté

King

Schulpp

Mahrez

Kramaric

Vardy

Schwarzer

Benaloune

DeLaet

Drinkwater

Ulloa

Okazaki

Nugent

Basically, same as QPR last season, but Kanté in for Cambiasso, rest Morgan after gold cup. Kramaric has looked sharper than Ulloa in pre-season.

Prediction 3-1

Genuinely stumped as to who will get the nod up top and I don't even really know what to suggest.

We can't really leave out our top scorer.

We can't really leave out Vardy.

We can't really leave out our highest-pedigree striker in Okazaki.

We can't really leave out our biggest-potential striker in Krammy.

There isn't really a right answer here is there?

I think he will get as close to the side that played against QPR as he can.

He wants to keep the momentum going and he doesn't want to be slaughtered for changing a winning formula.

wouldn't surprise me to see the same starting eleven except for DD and AK in the middle. they don't traditionally do well as a two but in a 3-4-3/3-5-2/3-4-1-2 formation it may be different

Saying all the right things so far, but will be judged on performances, perhaps slightly more harshly than Pearson was.

I think his best days are behind him, but I did when he was appointed and he managed to keep you up. I didn't think you looked particularly convincing in the run in and your signings are a mixed bag in my opinion. I'll think you'll be in for a scrap again this season.

An optimistic 12th.

16th/17th.

Mahrez. Had a great pre-season after a very decent first Premier League campaign last year.

Your new fella Lens.

I think we would have stayed up with him in charge this year, perhaps finishing 14th again. Solid but unspectacular, I was a fan of his slowly but surely approach. I think we've rolled the dice a bit with CR... let's hope it's a gamble that pays off.

Similarly Cambiasso?

Still needs replacing. If we get Inler, I'll be satisfied. If Drinkwater or King becomes his replacement, we will really miss his dictation of the play and expansive passing.

Pretty good so far actually, we've made a few quality additions rather than wholesale changes which I think was the correct approach. Kante gives us a mobile DCM we've been needing in the squad for years, and Fuchs and Okazaki add top flight and international experience from a high quality league. A good quality CM who can dictate the attacking play with his passes. Would be happy to see us break the bank for this kind of player.

2-1 to Leicester.

Personally am pretty neutral towards Sunderland, although there seems to have been a bit of snark between both sets of fans since last season. 'Leicesterlona' springs to mind lol

I'll echo all of that except for saying watch out for Vardy, if he's on it, he'll terrorise your defence.

Fuchs as CB would worry me. 

Not playing Ulloa would also worry me, especially when defending set plays. 

You're worried about not playing Ulloa because of his defensive abilities?!?! We have 3 beastly centre backs that can all head the ball. Ulloa does do well from defensive positions but I'd be more worried about him not putting the ball in the back of the net! As he's a striker not a defender.

Anybody know the likely Sunderland team?

Pantilimon

Jones - Coates - Kaboul - PVA

Cattermole - Larsson - Rodwell

Johnson - Defoe - Lens

According to their forum anyway. M'Vila may come in but I can see him starting on the bench.

Kasper

Wasyl - Huth - ???

Albrighton - Kante - King - Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy - Okazaki

Presuming Kante is fit, this would be the team I'd pick. I have no idea who to put as the other CB as I don't know how ready Wes and Benny are, whether Chilwell is ready for the demands of the PL and whether Fuchs can play left CB. 

Vardy is a nailed on starter for me, it's just how to put along side him and I think Okazaki and Vardy will complement each other well. I can see Ulloa falling out of favour a bit as Claudio wants the ball to be kept on the ground and will probably prefer someone more agile and pacey than Ulloa. He's a good option to have on the bench.

Kasper

Wasyl

Huth

Morgan

Albrighton

Kante

King

Schlupp

Mahrez

Kramaric

Vardy

Subs: Schwarzer, Fuchs, Benny, Drinkwater, Nugent, Okazaki, Ulloa

I think Morgan will play, not sure whether Kante will go straight in but I'd gamble with him. Kramaric gets first chance alongside Vardy.

Pantilimon

Jones - Coates - Kaboul - PVA

Cattermole - Larsson - Rodwell

Johnson - Defoe - Lens

According to their forum anyway. M'Vila may come in but I can see him starting on the bench.

Neither team with mass change from last season then 

I think he will get as close to the side that played against QPR as he can.

He wants to keep the momentum going and he doesn't want to be slaughtered for changing a winning formula.

wouldn't surprise me to see the same starting eleven except for DD and AK in the middle. they don't traditionally do well as a two but in a 3-4-3/3-5-2/3-4-1-2 formation it may be different

That's what I hope he does. Kante or Drinky in for Cambiasso, leave it at that.

Archived