Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattyFromLE

Team Vs Sunderland

I would go with one of the other posters teams however hopefully Kante will be signing I have changed it slightly.

...........Schmeichel....................

..fuchs......Wasyl........Huth.....
.................Kante.......................
Mahrez.....Drinkwater......Albrighton..........
................Kramaric........
........Vardy............Okazaki......

I didn't do the preseason matches but did Fuchs play as one of the back three or just a traditional left back ??

Mostly he played as part of the back three but yesterday he came on and played LB. Not certain but I think he played at wing back for one of the friendlies as well. So he's been all over the place, although in his interview he said he expects to be part of a back three

Mostly he played as part of the back three but yesterday he came on and played LB. Not certain but I think he played at wing back for one of the friendlies as well. So he's been all over the place, although in his interview he said he expects to be part of a back three

Thanks Tom. Can't imagine that Wes will want a long break as he's not likely to get his place back especially with the signing of the Atalanta centre back.

I think the only question mark is who plays with vardy. Ulloa has been least impressive in pre season but was part of the success last year. I'd go for kramaric personally.

If Morgan is back he'll be part of the back 3, if not then chilwell may have a chance.

I don't think he's sold on the back 3, any defeat and he'll back to 4 I reckon

Ulloa is most likely down the pecking order, I don't see Claudio as a long ball merchant, and that was one of Ulloa's strengths being able to hit the ball up to him. His other big strength is defending de pieces, whether Claudio will appreciate that or think it necessary I don't know, he may just think we have 3 big centre backs we shouldn't be relying on a forward, on the other hand our midfield and other forwards are quite small so he may see that as a necessity.

I think Ulloa will be mainly a bench option to be used when our pace and movement isn't breaking down the opposition get a bit more power up there, unless he will be true to his nickname, so we will see Ulloa playing in the games where he is most effective.

I would be surprised if any new faces start in midfield, Claudio will need a bit of time to assess their fitness and suitability, especially Kante who was a target before Claudio was appointed. Benalouane might be thrown straight in there depending on Morgan and his opinion on Fuchs, Moore and Chilwell.

Only 5 days to wait, not gonna lie I'm excited and nervous.

I think the only question mark is who plays with vardy. Ulloa has been least impressive in pre season but was part of the success last year. I'd go for kramaric personally.

If Morgan is back he'll be part of the back 3, if not then chilwell may have a chance.

I don't think he's sold on the back 3, any defeat and he'll back to 4 I reckon

Hopefully he will get them organised enough to be able to play more than one formation, we've seen him switching between 442 and 532 in preseason. There is not one formation that will see you playing at your best every game, each formation has strengths and weaknesses and it depends on the opposition as to whether they exploit the weaknesses of a formation, or allow us to play to its strengths.

Our squad is really starting to take shape now,

One more CM and I think we'll be done (maybe another winger)

The side to face Sunderland I think will be the same as above

Kasper

Huth        Morgan         Was

Albrighton   King     Kante      Schlupp

Mahrez

Vardy      Kramaric 

Bench; Schwazer, Benalouane, Fuchs, Drinky, Nuge, Ulloa, Okazaki

If you consider there's likely to be 2 more coming in and look at that bench we're looking ok

Can't see Morgan playing on Saturday or for a couple of games to be honest, Chillwell or Fuchs in the left side of the back 3......

Up the City......

I initially thought the same but the Gold Cup didn't start until July 8th so he had the same rest as everyone else beforehand so in theory he should be more match fit than anyone else.

It's not like the Copa America which started much earlier (11th June) and meant players didn't have a post season break and therefore are having their break now (eg Sanchez)

Has there been any official word on Morgan, is he training? Is he being given a holiday? Is he available for selection?

I think now we have Benny there is a good chance he will get the nod, he was Ranieri's target for a reason, he is left footed so would be made for the LCB role, we have spent a lot of money on him and  our LCB options are Morgan who hasn't had a break, Fuchs, who is more of a left back and Chilwell who has no senior experience.

I initially thought the same but the Gold Cup didn't start until July 8th so he had the same rest as everyone else beforehand so in theory he should be more match fit than anyone else.

It's not like the Copa America which started much earlier (11th June) and meant players didn't have a post season break and therefore are having their break now (eg Sanchez)

He played in the Copa America too.

Has there been any official word on Morgan, is he training? Is he being given a holiday? Is he available for selection?

I think now we have Benny there is a good chance he will get the nod, he was Ranieri's target for a reason, he is left footed so would be made for the LCB role, we have spent a lot of money on him and  our LCB options are Morgan who hasn't had a break, Fuchs, who is more of a left back and Chilwell who has no senior experience.

He played in the Copa America too.

Blimey he did as well! Forgot Jamaica when in that

No way will he play then. Benny will probably play then

Blimey he did as well! Forgot Jamaica when in that

No way will he play then. Benny will probably play then

He needs a break and hasn't featured in any of our preseason games, it would be nice to get a statement from the club about it, the only other Prem player in the same position is Adrian Mariappa, played for Jamaica both competitions.

You kinda think they would have done what Mexico did and sent a very young squad to the Copa and played their full team in the Gold Cup, but I guess they don't have the strength in depth of Mexico.

Archived