Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

BT Sport or Sky Sports?

Think people who pay full price (get ripped off) for this stuff these days is missing a trick.

Yep. Got the entire Sky package for £25 a month (all HD, movies, sports etc) for 12 months. Blagged as a new customer after cancelling about 6 months ago.

Absolute disgrace the way they disrespect existing customers for years.

Yep. Got the entire Sky package for £25 a month (all HD, movies, sports etc) for 12 months. Blagged as a new customer after cancelling about 6 months ago.

Absolute disgrace the way they disrespect existing customers for years.

Is really is,

Me and the missus takes turns every 9 months or so to ring and threaten to cancel, we usually get 30% off or so but we shouldn't really need to do that. We've been with them 8 years but that means nothing to them

Is really is,

Me and the missus takes turns every 9 months or so to ring and threaten to cancel, we usually get 30% off or so but we shouldn't really need to do that. We've been with them 8 years but that means nothing to them

They offered me 60% off in the end but couldn't give me a new box, so cancelled and signed up again later on.  

In other news, looks like Sky have actually kept La Liga coverage for the next three seasons.

If you do it for now TV, it's £6.99 for 24 hours, it's a solid 24 hours from when you activate (ie start watching) you are meant to now be able to get a months pass, but not seen it on my PS3 yet.

You can buy as many as you want as far as I know.

a day pass is something I'd be interested in, can anyone just buy one or do you have to have something? Say if Leicester are on sky I could buy the day pass

a day pass is something I'd be interested in, can anyone just buy one or do you have to have something? Say if Leicester are on sky I could buy the day pass

Not sure what you can get now tv via but ps3 works. Maybe smart tv etc.

But it's  not competition  well at least not one that benefits  the consumer which is what it's  meant to do. There's  no choice involved as they show different games you can't  choose to watch one or the other. It's  certainly not driving the price down another aspect of a real competitive  set up if anything it's  driving the cost up even to the extent of getting less for more.

Fair points..

One I suppose just hopes that over time, services improve or pick up.Sky is smoother imo, but they are slowly losing the

bigger events, and some reporting and info screen ticketing has always been pss poor.

It might be what I have gotten use to, but I prefer Sky and BBC commentators.

Cricket at all levels Sky do a great job, if they lose that,wkend PL football and the Champions league nights, they have nothing...

Does BT have anything like Match choice extended highlights?

That is the best thing about Sky for me 60 minutes of highlights from every Leicester game, that and cricket coverage, and the fact it is half price for me.

not as I know of, they do of the matches they show & i think they have a premier league review show that shows highlights & stuff, but not match choice like Sky has,

I'm with Sky, suits me better. 

When BT show their Premier League Football (Saturday 12:45) I'm usually working or going to watch football so don't really see the point in paying £20 a month for BT Sport, plus Liverpool aren't in the Champions League so that really isn't much of an interest for me. 

Sky is absolutely fantastic though with their technology and analysts, MNF is the best without a doubt for Premier League football talking points nobody can debate that, Also don't forget how good Sky is with their cricket coverage as well, truly brilliant. 

have had sky for the last 10 years and BT for the last 3 as I was getting it free with my BT broadband but they now want to charge me £5 a month for it so I have cancelled as the communtary and punditary is a joke on BT and I have only watched about 10 games in 3 years on it cant stand Owen or Savage.

Sky is 10x better for football and their cricket and F1 coverage is top notch aswell.

But it's  not competition  well at least not one that benefits  the consumer which is what it's  meant to do. There's  no choice involved as they show different games you can't  choose to watch one or the other. It's  certainly not driving the price down another aspect of a real competitive  set up if anything it's  driving the cost up even to the extent of getting less for more.

It's competition that benefits the clubs though and they have a stake in this as well. Giving one company a monopoly wouldn't do anyone any good either.

It's competition that benefits the clubs though and they have a stake in this as well. Giving one company a monopoly wouldn't do anyone any good either.

Quite but what about letting multiple companies show the same games then you'd have some real competition and the ones that charge too much or offered a crap  product would need to improve to survive.

I'm sure there are other options to the current one that would benefit the fans and still provide a lucrative income for clubs.

For me the only area where there should be any manipulation is to ensure that all tv income os shared between the clubs in an equitable way.

I think competition is fine, as long as that competition is between services that provide it in a different way. I'd have no problem with BT or Sky sharing the football with the BBC or ITV. When the idea to allow competition into the market (or should I say force it, because I think one of the 6 packages has to go to a different broadcaster than the other 5) it should have been stipulated that that broadcaster couldn't charge a subscription. The competition between BT and Sky is like that between Amazon Prime Instant Video and Netflix, both offer a similar service, but with different product, so a consumer who wants to watch both Better Call Saul and the new Top Gear type program has to fork out double. It only really works with things like Spotify and Apple Music where it's the same service and by and large the same product. I have choice in that market, and I don't miss out by having one and not the other, and I don't have to pay double. This will force these two to compete on price, something in the other instance they don't have to worry about, because  they aren't really competing.

I think competition is fine, as long as that competition is between services that provide it in a different way. I'd have no problem with BT or Sky sharing the football with the BBC or ITV. When the idea to allow competition into the market (or should I say force it, because I think one of the 6 packages has to go to a different broadcaster than the other 5) it should have been stipulated that that broadcaster couldn't charge a subscription. The competition between BT and Sky is like that between Amazon Prime Instant Video and Netflix, both offer a similar service, but with different product, so a consumer who wants to watch both Better Call Saul and the new Top Gear type program has to fork out double. It only really works with things like Spotify and Apple Music where it's the same service and by and large the same product. I have choice in that market, and I don't miss out by having one and not the other, and I don't have to pay double. This will force these two to compete on price, something in the other instance they don't have to worry about, because  they aren't really competing.

But if you have only one provider they can charge what they want and serve up a crap service in the process. If we assume that most people can only afford one service it's in the interest of each provider to make sure it's their service you choose meaning they have to have better coverage at a competitive price.

But if you have only one provider they can charge what they want and serve up a crap service in the process. If we assume that most people can only afford one service it's in the interest of each provider to make sure it's their service you choose meaning they have to have better coverage at a competitive price.

But when said services aren't providing the same product, they aren't really competing. So Sky and BT don't really have much incentive to compete on price because they offer a totally different product just with the same platform. As I said Spotify and Apple have reason to compete on price because they have exactly the same product and platform. It's in their interest to entice me in by making it cheaper because what else can they offer me. I can stream my Lionel Ritchie :D to my hearts content on both services. Only one of Sky and BT is showing Man Utd Spurs on Saturday and only one is showing WBA Man City on Monday, so they are in no way in competition with each other. They don't have to compete on price, it doesn't force it down (as shown already) because they know they are the only ones providing that particular service. They are the Service Stations of the Broadcast world.

Archived