Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

BT Sport or Sky Sports?

To watch sport live/analysis and replays of games, obviously.

After watching both brand's commentaries of games/after-game analysis, I think Sky Sports (despite the somewhat hefty price to buy it) just edges it in terms of quality.

When BT Sport was first launched, I thought it was a bit 'tacky' at first; but as they've grown more popular I'm starting to think it's more better value-for-money than BT.

BT easily if you actually like football

Really. The football is the football, they can't predict which games will be good, so what separates them is the team of presenters and pundits. Wouldn't say I like Ed Chamberlain, but he's a solid presenter, Jake Humphrey is a smug childish twat. Gary Neville is a very good pundit, Graeme Souness speaks sense too, Henry is very knowledgable but might take time to settle, and Alan Smith is a good co-commentator. Martin Tyler is by far the best commentator. BT have Robbie Savage who is an over excitable prat who talks over everyone, Steve McManaman who just repeats what others say and it's usually bullshit because it's been said by David James, who's just ****ing weird, or Owen Bloody Hargreaves. Michael Owen is simply the worst co-commentator ever, and Iain Darke should stick too boxing. The only regular pundits sky need rid of are Dwight Yorke and Niall Quinn. BT need a whole new team.

Really. The football is the football, they can't predict which games will be good, so what separates them is the team of presenters and pundits. Wouldn't say I like Ed Chamberlain, but he's a solid presenter, Jake Humphrey is a smug childish twat. Gary Neville is a very good pundit, Graeme Souness speaks sense too, Henry is very knowledgable but might take time to settle, and Alan Smith is a good co-commentator. Martin Tyler is by far the best commentator. BT have Robbie Savage who is an over excitable prat who talks over everyone, Steve McManaman who just repeats what others say and it's usually bullshit because it's been said by David James, who's just ****ing weird, or Owen Bloody Hargreaves. Michael Owen is simply the worst co-commentator ever, and Iain Darke should stick too boxing. The only regular pundits sky need rid of are Dwight Yorke and Niall Quinn. BT need a whole new team.

What separates them is what each network has and BT has a vast amount of more football, Sky is fine if you just want to be ripped off for Premier League oh and Eredivise. Now BT has usurped La Liga and has Champions League and already had quite a decent catalogue for European football in general. There's literally no other reason but punditry to prefer Sky and Sky's isn't really that good tbqh.

BT Sport for a fiver a month you can't complain. I'm not paying all that money for sky when I barely even watch TV.

I'm in the same boat.

Sky coverage is miles better (BT is even worse than BBC/ITV)but you cant knock the value for money BT offers vs Sky when basing it on the sport alone.

According to the website it will cost me £23.99 a month to get the bt sport HD pack on my sky subscription. Certainly not the £5 a month that's being mentioned on here! Do you all have bt broadband as well?

we get bt for free with our tv package. coverage for the prem is a bit shit but i tend to get drunk on a friday and by the time i've woken up properly on a saturday the pre match coverage is finished and the game is about to start. 

they've got everything on it now too which is decent. champs league, prem etc etc 

The European Football Show is better than Super Sunday, James Richardson is brilliant as a host, Laurens, Horncastle and Honigstein give more of an insight than any ex pro.

However their prem coverage is shite, shite and more shite, if their champions league coverage is done by jake humphries with savage and any other salad that they can dredge up then they're dumb

The European Football Show is better than Super Sunday, James Richardson is brilliant as a host, Laurens, Horncastle and Honigstein give more of an insight than any ex pro.

However their prem coverage is shite, shite and more shite, if their champions league coverage is done by jake humphries with savage and any other salad that they can dredge up then they're dumb

Champions League has Lineker presenting, Rio Ferdinand, Gerrard and others who I can't remember as pundits.

Not interested in the punditry or the commentary they show different games so for me there's no competition. I'm  more annoyed  that now in the interests of the consumer  and to provide competition  lol you now have to pay 2 companies.

Bingo. Their coverage of European football is excellent.

Archived