Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Jamie Vardy

It's very hard to comment without knowing for sure what he said, though the apology seems to indicate it was something he shouldn't have said. Clearly it's complicated by the fact that we sacked three players for a racist incident just a month or so ago, and the press might continue to ask whether Pearson's sacking was related to that incident and, as such, how far they might go with Vardy's punishment.

The problem is that, if he's used the word 'Jap', he's used it in an aggressive rather than a friendly or ironic way. The word itself probably isn't as packed with odious connotations as other racial or ethnic slurs - as some people have pointed out, it was being used jokingly in Sun headlines less than a decade ago - and he could quite plausibly plead ignorance. I don't think ignorance is ever an excuse for racism but, coupled with our knowledge that he's not the brightest bulb in the shop, this should be enough for him to get away with a very severe, and possibly public, slap on the wrist.

Oh, and whichever poster asked, back in June, what would have happened if Vardy had been the one dishing out the racial slurs - you must be feeling quite pleased with yourself now!

The point is, did he know he was Japanese? Sheer ignorance.

I'd imagine he thinks the guy was Japanese ( if he was saying Jap) I genuinely don't think that vardy thought he was being racist. He's clearly to stupid.

We don't know where the guys from as he doesn't appear on the video.

Why would he apologise if he said that

For the aggressive behaviour at the end of the clip? Because it's easier than having his name dragged through mud for weeks? - two other reasons straight off the bat, particularly given the apology doesn't make reference to the language used.

**** yeah I'd support it.

I'd get sacked from my job if a video like that leaked of me (as would a large chunk of us). Tired of society putting footballers on a pedestal when they should be setting the highest example given that they are paid so much and in the public spotlight so much - you better believe a politician or TV broadcaster etc. wouldn't get away with that kind of shit. Football claims it is trying to tackle racism - if it is serious then it needs to start taking actions that match its words. I think the same with sexism and homophobia in football too.

You only have to look at some of the responses in this thread to see how ignorant a lot of football fans are - why pretend that's okay just because this guy plays for our club?

More importantly what would it say as a person if they would have supported it if it was JT or Suarez, but changed their stance as soon as it was out player? **** that.

Maybe you could suggest to the club that he is stoned to death at the clock tower for his crimes

"It was a regrettable error in judgement I take full responsibility for and I accept my behaviour was not up to what's expected of me."

'regrettable error in judgement' strikes me as he's said something he feels he 'shouldn't of', rather than a physical behavioral thing.

Blatantly got his mum to write it for him.

I can't see Vardy saying something like that after he has been getting to know his new strike partner for the past few week's. for god sake the press couldn't wait for kick off for all the wrong reasons, they would screw any club or player only to sell something I would never wipe my arse on. 

Cancelling my SUN+ subscription and will never buy the paper again.

Archived