Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcnsk

Jamie Vardy

Guest bennytwohats

If bennytwohats and a dozen others owned the club - yes.

**** yeah I'd support it.

I'd get sacked from my job if a video like that leaked of me (as would a large chunk of us). Tired of society putting footballers on a pedestal when they should be setting the highest example given that they are paid so much and in the public spotlight so much - you better believe a politician or TV broadcaster etc. wouldn't get away with that kind of shit. Football claims it is trying to tackle racism - if it is serious then it needs to start taking actions that match its words. I think the same with sexism and homophobia in football too.

You only have to look at some of the responses in this thread to see how ignorant a lot of football fans are - why pretend that's okay just because this guy plays for our club?

More importantly what would it say as a person if they would have supported it if it was JT or Suarez, but changed their stance as soon as it was out player? **** that.

You've been good in your distinctions between the offence for Pakistani being different to Japanese - but Japanese isn't a race, nor is British.

These are ethnicities.

Vardy used an ethnic slur.

I'm not a yankee, i'm a limey.

The debate on ethnicity and race is never ending and there is no definitive answer as to which is right and wrong. However to term Japanese and Pakistani as simply Asian, which is what I think you are suggesting is much too vague for me.

Vardy is nowhere near intelligent enough to realise calling a japanese person a jap is historically considered racist.

He's using it in the context of calling a british person a Brit or an austrailian an Aussie.

Give him a slap on the wrist and educate him on it and move on

The point is, did he know he was Japanese? Sheer ignorance. 

**** yeah I'd support it.

I'd get sacked from my job if a video like that leaked of me (as would a large chunk of us). Tired of society putting footballers on a pedestal when they should be setting the highest example given that they are paid so much and in the public spotlight so much - you better believe a politician or TV broadcaster etc. wouldn't get away with that kind of shit. Football claims it is trying to tackle racism - if it is serious then it needs to start taking actions that match its words. I think the same with sexism and homophobia in football too.

You only have to look at some of the responses in this thread to see how ignorant a lot of football fans are - why pretend that's okay just because this guy plays for our club?

More importantly what would it say as a person if they would have supported it if it was JT or Suarez, but changed their stance as soon as it was out player? **** that.

I think you need to stand back and take a chill pill.

From what I'm reading you really need to stop watching Pro football and perhaps pro sports in general, all of the athletes are going to let you down because YOU are putting them on a pedestal.

And reading football fans forums is another thing you probably should re-think.  :D

The debate on ethnicity and race is never ending and there is no definitive answer as to which is right and wrong. However to term Japanese and Pakistani as simply Asian, which is what I think you are suggesting is much too vague for me.

Ha. Tried to be clever now backtracking lol

Terran?

It's all very much a social construct and you're right, saying Asian is very vague because there's plenty of differences. I wouldn't call someone from Iraq a Middle Eastern or a Near Eastern because that's very much eurocentric - just as Far East etc are geographical terms based on the relation to Europe and the UK in general.

Same way I've never been a fan of the word 'white' when referring to caucasian which is again, very vague. Could go all the way back to our roots as we're homosapians developed from caucasoids, mongoloids or negroids... 

History, legality, and social development has grouped pretty much every lifeform developed from homosapians to make it easier for people to classify as a grouping.

I'm a Pink Near Eastern Leicestershirean.

Edit: A lot of it is a matter of opinion and subjectivity from the host and the receiver.

Suspended ?

Innocent until proven guilty

Adam johnsons being done for being a nonce and he played yesterday

My bad should have been more clear. If he specifically admits to using the term then yes suspended for a few games maybe with a fine is acceptable?

'Disgraceful vile cretinous oaf. He must be destroyed.

Haven't even watched the video.'

Are they that bitter over the penalty he won against them still?

Yes... United fans aren't used to getting humiliated like they were.

Archived