Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

There were ALOT of day trippers there tonight. The atmosphere was never going to be good. Should be back to normal on Saturday.

This is exactly right a lot of people come just for this game and didn't realise they actually had to join in to make the atmosphere.Bit disappointed in a lot of STH who didn't bother as they are the reason that all the day trippers got tickets!

Like you say mate hopefully normal service resumed on Saturday.

Okay fair play. It was a joke. By 'all' I meant the majority of fans who went tonight who seemed to know little about the team and didn't seem to care about the team. Obviously I know there are those who have had season tickets for years and love the club. I didn't mean to include people like you in my statement

As someone said there were a lot of day trippers. I don't have a season ticket any more but some around near me were saying "Leicester fans are quiet innit" and they weren't spurs fans either. One lad on the row infront was constantly looking two rows back because he thought one other fan looked like one of the gay blokes from goggle box. I shit you not. . It was like a morgue in there tonight. This isn't helped when day trippers don't know the songs or even how to use the clappers properly.

Guest CityFan 06

Personally thought SK1 with Union FS were persistent throughout with the singing, they were trying to get it going. It seemed a very different atmosphere to a matchday, but that's what you'd expect I suppose.

Second half in particular in SK1 it lifted a bit, and there were some chants which helped at times.

As someone said there were a lot of day trippers. I don't have a season ticket any more but some around near me were saying "Leicester fans are quiet innit" and they weren't spurs fans either. One lad on the row infront was constantly looking two rows back because he thought one other fan looked like one of the gay blokes from goggle box. I shit you not. . It was like a morgue in there tonight. This isn't helped when day trippers don't know the songs or even how to use the clappers properly.

Yeah. As I've said I'm not a regular so don't know all the songs but I tried to get the simple ones going that anyone could pick up (come on Leicester & Leicester leicester leicester for example) and nobody wanted to know.

Spurs fans asked if we were in a library, our end looked at me like I was shouting in one.

A group of people behind me at 35 mins said 'it's half time soon isn't it? When's half time?' Shame, but I guess it makes me appreciate the atmosphere for the league games I can get to more, when I don't look like a donkey for singing.

Sorry again for any offence caused in my last post. It wasn't intended.

Yeah. As I've said I'm not a regular so don't know all the songs but I tried to get the simple ones going that anyone could pick up (come on Leicester & Leicester leicester leicester for example) and nobody wanted to know.

Spurs fans asked if we were in a library, our end looked at me like I was shouting in one.

A group of people behind me at 35 mins said 'it's half time soon isn't it? When's half time?' Shame, but I guess it makes me appreciate the atmosphere for the league games I can get to more, when I don't look like a donkey for singing.

Sorry again for any offence caused in my last post. It wasn't intended.

It's ok. You're just frustrated as am I hence my response!

Let's hope for an improvement Saturday both on and off the pitch

The team treated it like a friendly so you can't expect the crowd to be any different. It has and always will work both ways. People will put up with shit performances, not a lack of effort. That goes for the manager too, on this occasion.

It must of been extremely deflating for everyone when they saw the line up.

It's ok. You're just frustrated as am I hence my response!

Let's hope for an improvement Saturday both on and off the pitch

Yes let's hope so. I'm not able to be there but I'm hoping to hear our fans loud on the radio and hoping to see a good display on the MOTD highlights.

The team treated it like a friendly so you can't expect the crowd to be any different. It has and always will work both ways. People will put up with shit performances, not a lack of effort. That goes for the manager too, on this occasion.

It must of been extremely deflating for everyone when they saw the line up.

As much as I hate the fact we play the reserves for cup marches, we could barely expect much different especially given the team we put out at WHL.

One guy rang into 5live and said he wouldn't have gone tonight if he'd have known we were going to play that team. Not sure I like that mentality.

It was nothing more than a reserve team run out against Spurs in the FA cup, expected a little more but when Albrighton went on to see how he fared at right back I figured it was game over and we never looked like getting much out of the game.

Terrible tonight. Dont think there were many season ticket holders in. Didnt recognise any folk sat near me. The majority who were there were too busy texting on their phone or filming the game.

And also, please never chant 'we want Vardy, we want Vardy'

Embarassing

• Like 1

Stood at the back of SK1 today, moved from my normal seat. 1st time i've been with Union fs in a 1st team game and fair play to everyone who kept going for the 90 mins. Drum works well in there. Bet it's even better when everyone is there for a league game.

It's a shame I was next to 2 people who had no interest in supporting the lads. Actually kept giving me funny looks for joining in with the chants....

Stood at the back of SK1 today, moved from my normal seat. 1st time i've been with Union fs in a 1st team game and fair play to everyone who kept going for the 90 mins. Drum works well in there. Bet it's even better when everyone is there for a league game.

It's a shame I was next to 2 people who had no interest in supporting the lads. Actually kept giving me funny looks for joining in with the chants....

That seemed to be where most of the noise was coming from. Fair play to them for keeping going. Joined in myself but nobody around me seemed interested. Very disheartening having only myself and another bloke in sk4 audibly singing.

and why were people signing we are top of the league??

Maybe they read the news reports that say we're joint top and don't know the goal difference rule.

Or just don't look at the table often....

I was at the back of SK1 too, I was really impressed with the group of lads who had the drum (they seemed to all know eachother). Takes a lot of effort to keep that going for 90 minutes but they had a good go. I noticed that a lot weren't joining in with the chants either, just seemed to be bashing their clappers, as a bit of a cop out It seemed.

Like many others, that's the first time I've managed to get down this season, and I won't make any apologies for that, I'm busy and travelling 100 miles to pay a lot of money to watch football isn't something I can afford. However I was shocked that people didn't seem to want to get involved. I booked my seats specifically on the back row to be amongst the atmosphere because I'd heard good things. I was joining in with chants and got left feeling quite awkward that nobody else around me (except the lads a few rows in front) was joining in.

I was at the back of SK1 too, I was really impressed with the group of lads who had the drum (they seemed to all know eachother). Takes a lot of effort to keep that going for 90 minutes but they had a good go. I noticed that a lot weren't joining in with the chants either, just seemed to be bashing their clappers, as a bit of a cop out It seemed.

Like many others, that's the first time I've managed to get down this season, and I won't make any apologies for that, I'm busy and travelling 100 miles to pay a lot of money to watch football isn't something I can afford. However I was shocked that people didn't seem to want to get involved. I booked my seats specifically on the back row to be amongst the atmosphere because I'd heard good things. I was joining in with chants and got left feeling quite awkward that nobody else around me (except the lads a few rows in front) was joining in.

If you can make it to many future home games then come and say hi! The more people we can get to join in, the better!

If you rated SK1 tonight then you'd be blown away when it's any good lol I honestly thought it was about as bad up there as it's been.

If you rated SK1 tonight then you'd be blown away when it's any good lol I honestly thought it was about as bad up there as it's been.

Well that's a good sign! My season ticket is in J3 and haver heard you guys well from there throughout the season. Noise wise wasn't great today but still kept going for the 90. Would be great to get back in there for a league game sometime. Do you get people in there who don't sing for league games? Like I say, was on the back row - PP, and the 2 guys next to me literally stood there all game with their arms crossed not saying a word apart from slagging our players off...

Edited by dogadug