Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

I've watched the final bits of the match on NBC Live Extra at least five or so times today. The elation and seeing Claudio fist pump the sky makes my day so much better.

Same here. He's like that perfect mix between calm/reserved throughout much of the game and fiery/passionate when a goal is scored. 

Are you saying you think that or asking us what we think? Personally I say keep them, they work.

was posing the question - test whether they make the difference or whether people are now involved enough without them. 

Funnily enough I got hit on the head by one thrown after the Chelsea game and was borderline concussed. I laughed about it but what if it was a kid/old women etc. 

Guest CityFan 06

I'd be interested to see how our atmosphere would be without the use of clappers. I said it before but given the form we're in, Union FS and L1 I reckon it could be decent enough, maybe even as good as good as the atmosphere now. Hopefully the fans know how much of our support actually makes the difference to the team.

I can't deny the clappers have significantly helped the atmosphere all the way around the stadium though. And at the same time I suppose you could say don't break what's working. But that's just another view.

I'd be interested to see how our atmosphere would be without the use of clappers. I said it before but given the form we're in, Union FS and L1 I reckon it could be decent enough, maybe even as good as good as the atmosphere now. Hopefully the fans know how much of our support actually makes the difference to the team.

I can't deny the clappers have significantly helped the atmosphere all the way around the stadium though. And at the same time I suppose you could say don't break what's working. But that's just another view.

Getting rid of the clappers would reduce the noise in the stadium. That's a fact. Our atmosphere has probably improved because of them but not to the point that everyone sings.

It's a problem with English culture really, too many people give too many "fuchs". Fans at the moment join in because the noise level means that they cannot be heard as individuals. Take the noise that the clappers make away and the singing around the stadium becomes disjointed, and the handful of fans in block h2 for example would not sing anymore because no one around them is singing and they will be heard and don't want to make themselves look foolish.

Plus the noise that the clappers make alone must be really intimidating, I'd love to be on the pitch, in the centre circle listening to it to see just how it comes across.

Don't care what other fans say, don't care if they think it's tinpot or manufactured I love that we have them.

• Like 1

With the clapper in theirs hands  people are more comfortable singing.

It's  quite noticeable near me in G1 right next to UFS that people don't  join in the singing as much if at all even when UFS start a song unless it includes the clappers as soon as they start with them they start singing.

Your only hope without the clappers is that people would physically clap instead although even that's  been denigrated on here in the past.

With the clapper in theirs hands  people are more comfortable singing.

It's  quite noticeable near me in G1 right next to UFS that people don't  join in the singing as much if at all even when UFS start a song unless it includes the clappers as soon as they start with them they start singing.

Your only hope without the clappers is that people would physically clap instead although even that's  been denigrated on here in the past.

I've noticed that as well. It's really weird

After the game at Goodison where we were so, soooo much louder than that ground, and given that Goodison is a quality old fashioned ground with great accoustics that really says something about how good the king power is!

leave the clappers, use em if you want, throw them if you dont, just keep the KP as the best ground in the country

Funny, on my stream I thought we were alright. You could hear our songs for most of the game, but bit quiet for a while after they scored. They sang same old 3 or 4 songs - not surprised they would be louder when they did sing- big game playing the top team, Boxing Day, full house, get behind the team from the start after poor defeat at Watford and Team responded to Kloop and got amongst us.