Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Guest CityFan 06

From where I was sat in G2 it looked like all of the Kop were standing for most of the last 15 minutes urging the team to find the winner.

You're not wrong, I'd say a majority were standing especially when we got corners. We were all clapping and like you said urging to team on to find that winning goal.

As others have said, we set ourselves (the crowd) such a high standard, when we dip below for one game we get all the 'we were rubbish' moaners. Guys, we were far and away the best support AGAIN yesterday, no other ground comes close. Maybe Sunderland as they had a rare victory in a six-pointer, but other than that, we were - and continue to be - the best in the PL by a mile.

Guest CityFan 06

As well as the clap banners, huge credit to Union FS who have most certainly been part of the ground's transformation in terms of atmosphere. Amazing that we're considered as one of the best atmosphere's in the Premier League.

0-0 against a good Bournemouth side and we're mostly quiet. Certainly a lot quieter than we have been. Palace 3-0 down and still getting behind their team. We could do a lot worse than taking a leaf out of their book.

0-0 against a good Bournemouth side and we're mostly quiet. Certainly a lot quieter than we have been. Palace 3-0 down and still getting behind their team. We could do a lot worse than taking a leaf out of their book.

Yeah it's so loud it's almost frightening how much those 30 blokes and several thousand empty seats are making. lol

You're right, our support needs to keep getting better. Let's not start slapping ourselves on the back and start believing we are the best, cos we are not, yet.

I'm all for constructive criticism but booing is downright embarrassing for a club punching above our weight to the extent we are.

I could understand Villa fans booing at the minute as they're a genuine disgrace on the pitch but ours? Just smacks of petulance to me.

You could have just stopped there. I don't even see how a fully grown adult can boo without feeling embarassed.

I beg to differ...although yesterday's atmosphere was not up to the Utd..city or Chelsea games, IMO we ARE the best home atmosphere in the Prem. Tell me anyone who is better ?

I'm not saying anyone is better, but games like that when we're not playing a big boy and things aren't coming off on the pitch are when supporters need to step up the most. Anyone can shout encouragement or bang a clapper when we're going all out to try and beat Man United, but when shots aren't going in against the likes of Bournemouth the players need a lift.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well, from what i could hear on TV today, it certainly shows that fans are reflective of the players, rather than the drivers.

The atmos sounded appalling, could only hear the spurs fans.

Plastic fans?

A lot of people in the home end were clapping along to the Spurs chants. I guess I'm what you could call plastic, not going often due to not being able to afford it and living in another part of the country, but I was in SK4 and tried to start some chants going and instead just got funny looks from those around me. Our fans were poor tonight. Found their voices to sing Vardy's praises when he came on though.

Do we all support the Leicester or all support the Vardy?

Edited by 001merp

A lot of people in the home end were clapping along to the Spurs chants. I was in SK4 and tried to start some chants going and instead just got funny looks from those around me. Our fans were poor tonight. Found their voices to sing Vardy's praises when he came on though.

Do we all support the Leicester or all support the Vardy?

Vardy tbh. That season ticket I had in 02 was all for Vardy.

**** off you ****ing clown. Yes us home fans were poor tonight but we needed some inspiration, seeing Vardy come on gave us a little hope. Can we not cheer for that?

What a ridiculous statement

Flat tonight. Noticeably l1 quite vacant too.

As stated the atmosphere is aligned to performance and even if we're not winning - some crunching tackles or pressing usuallu gets the crowd going. But it was an offday with mainly squad players.

Back to normal satdi...

Vardy tbh. That season ticket I had in 02 was all for Vardy.

**** off you ****ing clown. Yes us home fans were poor tonight but we needed some inspiration, seeing Vardy come on gave us a little hope. Can we not cheer for that?

What a ridiculous statement

Okay fair play. It was a joke. By 'all' I meant the majority of fans who went tonight who seemed to know little about the team and didn't seem to care about the team. Obviously I know there are those who have had season tickets for years and love the club. I didn't mean to include people like you in my statement

Awful tonight. Hope everyone lapping up the praise for our home support this season sang all game, coz it certainly didn't feel like it.

There were ALOT of day trippers there tonight. The atmosphere was never going to be good. Should be back to normal on Saturday.