Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

So there was me and my mate beating fvck out of our clappers to see who could destroy it by half time, look up and not one of the lazy sods in the west stand even making an effort. It seemed as though we were expecting to score and were just going through the motions till it happened , which it never did.

Not having the boos were for the ref or for Boruc. 90 minutes to do that. These were from the petulant, spoilt twats that claim to support Leicester.

Don't people realise half our strength is the bond formed between players and fans? It is blatantly obvious the atmosphere has helped win games this year. I can't understand why people don't do their utmost to continue that form.

• Like 1

Anyone booing needs to be removed from the ground. Their season ticket should be ripped up lol

No but seriously, football is about perspective, isn't it? We are 2nd in the Premier League. We are 2nd. Not 2nd bottom. Some games we won't play very well, that much is inevitable.

Very poor today. Not even just quiet which I kinda can accept, but amount of negativity was ridiculous. Ironic cheers when Ulloa won a header, Booing at full time. Pretty shocking considering where we have been and where we are.

Didn't hear booing at full time but the ironic cheering of Ulloa was disgraceful - back of SK2. Wankers.

Edited by sdb

I'm all for constructive criticism but booing is downright embarrassing for a club punching above our weight to the extent we are.

I could understand Villa fans booing at the minute as they're a genuine disgrace on the pitch but ours? Just smacks of petulance to me.

• Like 1

I'm all for constructive criticism but booing is downright embarrassing for a club punching above our weight to the extent we are.

I could understand Villa fans booing at the minute as they're a genuine disgrace on the pitch but ours? Just smacks of petulance to me.

Apart from a few pockets of people around the ground I can hardly remember much booing at home last season.

It was away from home where we were getting poisons atmospheres. West Ham in the league & Villa in the cup stick out especially.

Gonna put the down beat atmosphere down to the hols ending and work beckoning :(

Even then it was still some what adequate for a game that was not really very exciting considering what we have seen this season.

Already got this game out of my system and am moving on :)

The rest of the league must be bloody awful! It was an off day for us in terms of noise but it still outshines anybody they've played away so far!

I just think, like with the standard of football, we've set ourselves a pretty high standard and are disappointed when we don't quite reach it.

Still thought the noise throughout the second half was great and we were right behind the lads.

Not our best but far from our worst.

To be honest today was the first time I could make out Birchy was saying.

It did not seem right from the start.

I also noticed a few regulars were missing in the crowd.

I think we all suffed a holiday hangover yesterday.

Edited by ssilver80

I've started to notice that although the clappers get the whole ground involved there are large parts where people just seem to be clacking them with no rhythm and that is just drowning out any actual lyrics from the ufs corner.

Guest CityFan 06

Nice to get the plaudits despite us not being at our best. I read a tweet on Twitter that Watford, Palace and Leicester have got it right in terms of their atmosphere's. I'd probably agree with that.

Can Union FS get CD's of Zombie Nation sent to all ST holders? I'd like to hear the Mahrez song go on for longer than 1 second before it gets booked up by most people. Also, can we now sort a song for Kante?? Even if it's just the Kevin De Bruyne/RVP one...anything's better than that lame Toure one.