Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

It was shit in SK1. A lot less people singing. People in the surrounding blocks weren't singing so when we were, it kind of sounded like a band playing a concert with no bass. Very hollow.

I usually hardly ever hear the away fans but I heard them all game, today.

Definitely not good enough today. It picked up in the last 20 minutes, but it's still not good enough.

We are having the season of our lives and its just flat.

I don't know whether it's a Leicester problem or an English problem but it seems that we can't get going unless we go into every match as underdogs.

Definitely not good enough today. It picked up in the last 20 minutes, but it's still not good enough.

I don't know whether it's a Leicester problem or an English problem but it seems that we can't get going unless we go into every match as underdogs.

That exactly what it is, very very odd

I thought it was far better in the second half. I think nerves have crept in...the stakes have never been this high.

Edited by Line-X

That exactly what it is, very very odd

agreed, sounded very flat toady id have been shouting my head off if i could have made it....

think it's a problem with life in general. if you expect something's going to happen it's never as good. that's obvious. especially when you expect something to happen and for 89 minutes it looks like it's actually not going to happen. 

It was shit in SK1. A lot less people singing. People in the surrounding blocks weren't singing so when we were, it kind of sounded like a band playing a concert with no bass. Very hollow.

I usually hardly ever hear the away fans but I heard them all game, today.

I agree! Been good all season though! Have to keep it up when teams come, defend and frustrate like today!! Still got result!

Thought it was so-so, certainly not bad. 

Teams are going to try to kill games at our place now so maybe we need to get used to that as it obviously affected things a bit. 

Nuts when we scored though and my old man said they were raving about the celebrations on TV/radio (can't remember) when Ulloa put it in.

Thought it wasn't that bad today, certainly not the worst! Where I am (C2 West Stand) it seemed alright!

Think what Scouse said is right. Atmosphere and attitude is clearly going to change as the game you expect to win wears on at 0-0 and you're literally just begging for the win. Apart from a few bellends near me getting on the players backs, overall I thought we did enough to help and will the players on to get 3 points.

And what is it with people charging for the exits when we went one up. What are they desparate to avoid? Happiness?

Annoys me. People left on 80 mins, too. Sucks to be them missing out on the euphoria/relief of Ulloa slotting it in!!

Guest CityFan 06

L1 was decent today, 'Claudio's Blue and White Army' for 10 min non-stop  :wub:

That was fantastic. It's a great chant because it can be easy to keep it a continuous chant. Some games in SK1 it lasts for a while constantly as well.

It wasn't as bad as some are making out, it was far from how it has been and we need to step it up though!

And what is it with people charging for the exits when we went one up. What are they desparate to avoid? Happiness?

Annoys me. People left on 80 mins, too. Sucks to be them missing out on the euphoria/relief of Ulloa slotting it in!!

Yeah I posted about it in the post match thread:

Oh and :crylaugh: to the idiots of whom i've never seen before near me up and down all game, then walking out on about 85 minutes whilst saying 'This is the worst game i've seen in 5 or 6 years'.

That is why you don't leave early.

As for 'the worst game they've seen in 5 or 6 years' well that might explain why i've never seen you before, you obviously havn't been to many games in those 5 or 6 years, because today was fairly poor but abit of an over exageration claiming it was the worst it that many years considering where we've came from.

it has been much better than it was today, but I thought sk1 still hit it's usual very high standards, and the first 20 minutes were as loud as usual. think nerves played a part elsewhere and not much of the kop joined in for periods, but I only remember about 2 periods of silence which lasted about 10 seconds each. last 5 minutes were obviously bloody excellent too, think it was just the relief. Interesting that some would class today's atmos as terrible when it was still probably better than 99% of grounds in England. again, just the very high standards that have been set.

definitely need to be on it more as a collective in future though.

• Like 1

Two worst home performances of the season have been against Norwich and Bournemouth. Why? Because a percentage of fans just expect a walkover and just moan/grumble when we don't get the expected performance.

The sense of entitlement coming in is baffling

Yeah this is very true, there isn't the same roar of anticipation when we are surging forward on the break any more, I really really hope a feeling of entitlement rather than hope doesn't start creeping in.

Listening to the stream it sounded fine for most of the game. The clappers really fill the sound out on tv. I think for some of you there , if you're right in , or next to the singing you don't appreciate how it sounds collectively. We're still a lot better than most prem grounds.