Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Personally think in combo with this time of year and the ticket price, you had less 'lads' go

surely just prices is the issue. 3pm kick off, Boxing Day piss up before during and after the game in Liverpool on a Saturday night when nobody has work again until tuesday is pretty much the ideal away trip other than it costing half a ton for a ticket. if this was arsenal prices it would probably have been the best away in years.

Our away ends aren't good. People only want to know when we're winning, which happens to have been most of the time, when we go behind we're generally shit.

We've flipped round. The atmosphere at home was dire in the divisions below but the away followings were generally good.

surely just prices is the issue. 3pm kick off, Boxing Day piss up before during and after the game in Liverpool on a Saturday night when nobody has work again until tuesday is pretty much the ideal away trip other than it costing half a ton for a ticket. if this was arsenal prices it would probably have been the best away in years.

It's the same as NYD though, there are a lot who are hungover. I've never rated boxing day aways. Would rather be at home for them every time personally. I remember Hull away a couple of years ago on boxing day and no-one felt like they wanted to be there.

Then again it was Hull so that might be quite understandable.

I've been West Ham, Bury, Norwich and Newcastle away this season and none of them were dreadful from where I was standing. Probably because we won them all I suppose

West Ham was our best end of the season for me. I think we've been very hit and miss away from home despite being league leaders. It's as simple as we don't have a high proportion of our away end that's bothered about the atmosphere. If we're losing it's normally absolutely dire.

It's the same as NYD though, there are a lot who are hungover. I've never rated boxing day aways. Would rather be at home for them every time personally. I remember Hull away a couple of years ago on boxing day and no-one felt like they wanted to be there.

maybe liverpool is different to leicester but boxing day night is possibly the biggest night of the year here. no hangover if you just start drinking again :D

im always working but a boxing day away to any half decent city (especially on a saturday) sounds to me like a huge weekend. would've thought it would bring the "lads" out in their droves except for like i said, 50 quid a pop. 

maybe liverpool is different to leicester but boxing day night is possibly the biggest night of the year here. no hangover if you just start drinking again :D

im always working but a boxing day away to any half decent city (especially on a saturday) sounds to me like a huge weekend. would've thought it would bring the "lads" out in their droves except for like i said, 50 quid a pop. 

I get what you're saying in theory but I think the travelling (as just alluded to) doesn't help either. Car is the only option for a lot.

NYD is the opposite actually for that as trains are cheaper than usual. I remember having Millwall a couple of years back on NYD, wasn't going to bother but got tempted into it by £15 trains.

We've flipped round. The atmosphere at home was dire in the divisions below but the away followings were generally good.

True, I find the atmosphere better when it's not just sold out to priory 1, 2 and 3 season tickets holders, how much better our away atmosphere in the championship, because it made gen sale most games

West Ham was our best end of the season for me. I think we've been very hit and miss away from home despite being league leaders. It's as simple as we don't have a high proportion of our away end that's bothered about the atmosphere. If we're losing it's normally absolutely dire.

almost every club is dire when they go behind aren't they? I think that's just England in general. People need to drink a few more and not give a shit imo

Hoping for a big atmosphere tonight.

Now is not the time to falter, let's keep getting behind the team. No matter what your views of the 'clappers', generic songs and the use of a drum, let's keep the noise level high.

The players and manager gave both commented on how fantastic the home support is.

COYB

• Like 2

Hoping for a big atmosphere tonight.

Now is not the time to falter, let's keep getting behind the team. No matter what your views of the 'clappers', generic songs and the use of a drum, let's keep the noise level high.

The players and manager gave both commented on how fantastic the home support is.

COYB

Definately THIS

I am a 47 year old QPR season ticket holder and this is the first and last time I will ever comment here. I just signed onto your site to say how I really really really hope Leicester City win the League. You are experiencing the impossible dream of the supporters of all smaller clubs, and I am sure I am not alone in passionately hoping you succeed. It helps that Ranieri is such a likeable man, too. It`s your party, not ours, but so many fans of other clubs desperately hope it carries on till the end of the season. If (as is likely, I guess) you fail to go all the way, it will still have been an incredible, unforgettable season. QPR came second to Liverpool 40 years ago (1975-76) and that season is still remembered as the greatest in our history - this is your turn. For the sake of all of us, keep making a racket and enjoy every moment, for it may never come again in your lifetimes. Come on you Foxes!

Cheers bud

I am a 47 year old QPR season ticket holder and this is the first and last time I will ever comment here. I just signed onto your site to say how I really really really hope Leicester City win the League. You are experiencing the impossible dream of the supporters of all smaller clubs, and I am sure I am not alone in passionately hoping you succeed. It helps that Ranieri is such a likeable man, too. It`s your party, not ours, but so many fans of other clubs desperately hope it carries on till the end of the season. If (as is likely, I guess) you fail to go all the way, it will still have been an incredible, unforgettable season. QPR came second to Liverpool 40 years ago (1975-76) and that season is still remembered as the greatest in our history - this is your turn. For the sake of all of us, keep making a racket and enjoy every moment, for it may never come again in your lifetimes. Come on you Foxes!

I liked QPR when they had Les Ferdinand and Trevor sinclair!

Nice comments.

How about selling us Charlie Austin then.

My opinion on the game/team today was very poor and disappointing today, I have to extend that comment to the fans/atmosphere aswell.

It's been great but we can't let it slip back to being like a morgue based on today it needs to improve people. (TBF even today was better than a year or so ago but not like it has been recently).

I understand its only 1 game though.

Edited by Matt