Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Plaudits for our Atmosphere, let's keep it up

Hard to tell from the middle of SK1 but didn't seem good today. Too many people waiting to be entertained, expecting us to be 2 up within 10 mins etc.

Players had an off day, as did the crowd, very flat all around. Edited by Monsell1976

Players had an off day, as did the crowd, very flat all around.

Agreed, i thought the crowd was very flat today, although once again, credit to the union fs boys in sk 1, who kept  on belting out their songs.

Edited by smudger63

Yeah. I hope this isn't a glimpse into things to come as I can't see us steamrolling teams at home like we did last calender year. Need to keep the noise going while we're getting frustrated.

This.

I've always been very much a "It starts with the players, then we'll respond" person but the last year or so really has opened my eyes, the fans really do spur the players on and "help".

If the players are struggling we need to pick them up by making lots of positive noise!

Shite. Felt like Burnley at home all over again.

No way, that cut deep, we threw that away.

Today it seemed we just didn't turn up, we had nothing to throw away.

Mind you we did miss a penalty/play against 10 men, ok now i've thought about it we did throw something away, but atleast we weren't in a winning position and chucked it away.

Hard to tell from the middle of SK1 but didn't seem good today. Too many people waiting to be entertained, expecting us to be 2 up within 10 mins etc.

I have been giving praise for our atmosphere all season but I also felt today there were too many 'passengers' in the crowd today.

In the Family Stand we have usually backed up the L block well, but today there were very few bothering to sing.

I have always been of the opinion that you should get behind your team, players are human, they can feel the negativity from the crowd or they can feed off the positivity.

Don't get me wrong, I'll moan to my mates when Kasper doesn't come off his line or Mahrez tries a ttrick too many. However as a crowd we should be loud and supportive of the team.

I am worried the success we have had in 2015 has made a few supporters arrogant like the

Man U fans. Old Trafford was once an amazing place for home support, but then Ferguson's success brought in complacency plus a lot of football tourists.

Don't get me wrong, we're not that bad yet, but there were certainly supporters there today that were not there to vocally support their team, but we're there to watch us win, as they expected a win.

This.

I've always been very much a "It starts with the players, then we'll respond" person but the last year or so really has opened my eyes, the fans really do spur the players on and "help".

If the players are struggling we need to pick them up by making lots of positive noise!

Exactly. I was a bit worried about how it would be today and it did come to fruition I think. Agaisnt the big boys it's easy for us to adopt the 'underdog' and 'backs to the wall' mentality, and people know that the players need the backing of the fans to stay in the game.

The difference today was that people didn't think the players needed our help to beat Bournemouth, and were happy to just sit back and expect the goals to flood in.

The players need us at our best week in week out, like we expect from them.

No way, that cut deep, we threw that away.

Today it seemed we just didn't turn up, we had nothing to throw away.

Mind you we did miss a penalty/play against 10 men, ok now i've thought about it we did throw something away, but atleast we weren't in a winning position and chucked it away.

We threw two points away today. We missed a penalty. That for me is only marginally better.

It just had that sense of being a smaller game to follow the bigger, and the atmosphere reflected that. I remember the place being rocking for Everton, Arsenal and Man Utd last year before it largely turned from support to expectation against Burnley. Today felt like that all over again.

Edited by Dan LCFC

We threw two points away today. We missed a penalty. That for me is only marginally better.

It just had that sense of being a smaller game to follow the bigger, and the atmosphere reflected that. I remember the place being rocking for Everton, Arsenal and Man Utd last year before it largely turned from support to expectation against Burnley. Today felt like that all over again.

Agree with the expectation part, usual buzz about the place was missing, I put it down to the end of the festivities, a lot of worn out folk on and off the pitch today.

Guest CityFan 06

Credit to Union FS for keeping the chants going until the 90th minute. They do a great job and at times, SK1 collectively was decent when the chants got going.

Boos at the end aswell. Absolutely tragic.

this pisses me off so much.

Boos were inevitable today, I think it was just frustration at the performance.

be frustrated but to boo? Smacks of moronic idiots not being able to see the bigger picture even in moments like this after the final whistle. 

As Amy says, 2nd in the league going in to mid-January. From where we've been not only last season but in the past 11 years not even in this bloody league and the lows we've had to endure, to boo this team right now is outrageous. 

• Like 1

I think we could all feel it was going to be one of those days early on.

We never got going on the pitch, which with us expected to do well against Bournemouth, I think the nerves and frustration muted the crowd.

All this said, I didn't hear booing myself, but from what people are saying there was, it is a joke, for a team who have worked so hard to be safe at Christmas, and gave everything for those results.

As frustrating as it was, I think they are allowed a bad game, after that first half of the season.