Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Okazaki interviews, comments and pictures from the Japanese media

What's the Japanese press made of Vardy's indiscretion earlier this season? Is it something people are aware of?

People are definitely aware of it, but the impact was lessened by the way Shinji handled it. At the time he said something like 'I got on fine with Vardy before it happened, and that hasn't changed'.

• Like 1

Thanks for this. I am expecting a lot in the Austrian press should we pull this off. The first Austrian to win a EPL medal. Fuchs will join David Alabar into the football hall of fame.

They've also got a two page spread about Leicester fans, entitled 'The Blue Army describe their City's fairy tale'.

The reporter starts by asking two women how long they've been supporting City, and one of them says 'I can't tell you that! It's like telling you my age! You don't ask a woman that!'  The women are 'Michela (is that the English spelling? It's not clear from the way it's written in Japanese) and her grandmother Pauline. The reporter says that Michela then gives him a teasing smile, and says 'I've been a fan for about 30 years, my grandmother for about 60'.

Full_Size_Render_9.jpg

They also talk to 'Steve and Denis' who've 'both been fans for over 50 years':

fans_5_1.jpg

Then Kevin and father Alfred, fans for 50 and 70 years:

Full_Size_Render_8.jpg

And finally Steve (fan for 30 years) with sons Jack and Joe:

fans_5_2.jpg

This magazine is so beautiful that I bought an extra copy. If any of the people in these photos want me to send them the magazine, just PM me - I'll send it free of charge.

• Like 2

The Japanese sports papers all go with the same picture:

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

That headline: 5000 to 1 Super Dark Horse   Premier League Miracle

Andy King and Was are not chopped off in this one:

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Headline: I33 years worth of Joy

The house owner gets his face in this one:

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

Headline: Everyone's a Star:  The Miracle in the 133rd Year

• Like 1

Watch out all those who criticise Shinji on this forum. Here's a lovely story about Shinji's grandmother in the papers today:

For a 91 year old, Shinji's grandmother Eiko is a heavy internet user, always checking match reports and football blogs. She's a so-called '2-channeler', a regular visitor to the 2-channel forum. If anyone wrote a disparaging comment about Shinji, she would defend him, using a variety of different names. Her doctor told her she would get high blood presure if she got too worked up, so she's stopped posting recently, though it seems she's still checking the threads on the sly. 

Here they are:

Full_Size_Render_5.jpg

• Like 3

Leicester Arts and Museums Service are making an exhibition on the fantastic story of Leicester City Football Club winning the Premier League. The exhibition will open on 4th of June 2016 at New Walk Museum and Art Gallery in Leicester.

In the entire world newspapers are commenting on this amazing fairy-tale story and we try to capture that.

Help the museum and send a hardcopy of a newspaper on LCFC (just the full page will do) for their upcoming exhibition. Or ask friends and families who live outside the UK to help. We love to get articles in many different languages and different scripts! 

It can be send to:

New Walk Museum and Art Gallery

53 New Walk

Leicester

LE1 7EA

UK

If you could share this message wide and far (and on other parts of Foxes Talks) than that would be great.

Leicester Arts and Museums Service are making an exhibition on the fantastic story of Leicester City Football Club winning the Premier League. The exhibition will open on 4th of June 2016 at New Walk Museum and Art Gallery in Leicester.

In the entire world newspapers are commenting on this amazing fairy-tale story and we try to capture that.

Help the museum and send a hardcopy of a newspaper on LCFC (just the full page will do) for their upcoming exhibition. Or ask friends and families who live outside the UK to help. We love to get articles in many different languages and different scripts! 

It can be send to:

New Walk Museum and Art Gallery

53 New Walk

Leicester

LE1 7EA

UK

If you could share this message wide and far (and on other parts of Foxes Talks) than that would be great.

I'll send you a copy of one of the sports paper's front pages I posted aboe. It's a great idea! Wish I could be there to see it. I hope you put them all online.

I'll send you a copy of one of the sports paper's front pages I posted aboe. It's a great idea! Wish I could be there to see it. I hope you put them all online.

That is very appreciated. I don't think we are allowed to put them all online (copyright wise) but I will mention your request in the museum!