Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Okazaki interviews, comments and pictures from the Japanese media

Sorry for the late reply. We've all got to sleep (8 hours ahead here)

They'd say  ’スカウス フォクス’  = skausu fokusu

Nice one. Oh well, I'll do it anyway:

ジュウリアン ジョーチム ジューニアー シャバドゥー  Juurian Jo-chimu Juuniaa Shabadoo

Congratulations! Shabadoo is the first word we've had that the Japanese can say perfectly.

How do you say fleckney mike?

Hi Kushiro,

What do think about Gen Shoji who plays for Kashima Antlers? May be a better option to Nagatomo of Milan?

It's tempting to bluff it like those Chelseas fans asked about 'Win Ding Youup'  by Talk Sport. I only know that he can play in the middle or left back, but not seen a lot of him . Not in the latest national squad, though he was earlier in the year. 

Why do you ask? Is there some transfer gossip I haven't seen?

Massive interest in CIty again today on the Japanese football threads. So many comments along the lines of 'Don't break up the Vardy-Shinji partnership'. Lots of mentions of Okazaki's contribution to the equaliser. The title of this youtube video is 'Okazaki's pressing leads to Vardy PK'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrXryHoCq4E&feature=youtu.be

Massive interest in CIty again today on the Japanese football threads. So many comments along the lines of 'Don't break up the Vardy-Shinji partnership'. Lots of mentions of Okazaki's contribution to the equaliser. The title of this youtube video is 'Okazaki's pressing leads to Vardy PK'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrXryHoCq4E&feature=youtu.be

lol, yeah let's forget vardy ran the length of the half, skinned 3 players and won the penalty.

lol, yeah let's forget vardy ran the length of the half, skinned 3 players and won the penalty.

lol he did pretty much win it himself, but we looked more comfortable once Shinji was on... Vardy plays better with a strike partner, he isn't a lone man...

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Here's what he was saying to Japanese journalists:

About being dropped:

"I felt, 'Am I really so unappreciated?'.    そこまで評価されていないんかな、とは感じる.

About winning possession that lead on to Vardy's penalty:  

"I'm confident that that kind of play is contributing to the team." そういうプレーがチームに貢献していることには自信を持っている

About the future:

"I know where I stand now. I'll work hard again (to get my place back)."  自分の立ち位置が見えた。また頑張ろうかな。

Here's what he was saying to Japanese journalists:

About being dropped:

"I felt, 'Am I really so unappreciated?'.    そこまで評価されていないんかな、とは感じる.

About winning possession that lead on to Vardy's penalty:  

"I'm confident that that kind of play is contributing to the team." そういうプレーがチームに貢献していることには自信を持っている

About the future:

"I know where I stand now. I'll work hard again (to get my place back)."  自分の立ち位置が見えた。また頑張ろうかな。

I hope he doesn't read too much into this, he didn't lose his place to someone else because he's been playing badly, he was on the bench because his position got made redundant by the formation we were playing and the fact that Vards would be more effective on his own up top. 

Chin up Shinji lad.  :scarf:

"I felt, 'Am I really so unappreciated?' そこまで評価されていないんかな、とは感じる.

With all due respect to kushiro who's done a diligent and wonderful job of informing members here of info about Okazaki in Japan, I'd say the translation of this particular sentence is a bit off.

"I sense that I'm not considered a must-start player yet" might make more sense.

A literal translation would be "I sense that I am not valued highly enough to reach that level", where the "that level" remains undefined. Ever since his transfer, he's repeatedly voiced that his immediate goal was to become a regular starter here; thus, I'd choose his pre-voiced aim as the standard of the "that"-ness.

A literal translation would be "I sense that I am not valued highly enough to reach that level", where the "that level" remains undefined. Ever since his transfer, he's repeatedly voiced that his immediate goal was to become a regular starter here; thus, I'd choose his pre-voiced aim as the standard of the "that"-ness.

Halibut - thanks for the comments. With the minefield that is Japanese translation, a safety first policy is always best - if there are two possible interpretaions, either take the cautious option or leave it out altogether. Thanks for pointing out that I might not have done that yesterday. I agree with you.  

• Like 1