Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Okazaki interviews, comments and pictures from the Japanese media

There's sites like time4tv.com that cover a lot of sports channels. Don't think they do Japanese channels, though. Anyone else know?

Why don't you all just catch the next plane over and we'll have a two week party, pretending we don't know how the story finishes.

Ha ha, that would be brilliant.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CityFan 06

I've got a feeling Okazaki might go on and score up to 10 goals next season. I'm probably living in hope but I've seen glimpses of him where I just think he could go on a scoring run at some stage. Perhaps last season's experience of playing regular PL football could be beneficial to Shinji.

Here's 'World Soccer Digest''s luxurious review of the top divisions around Europe.

IMG_0305.jpg

When I see something like this, what we've achieved almost starts to sink in:

IMG_0312.jpg

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

Amazingly comprehensive coverage. There's a full analysis of every team in these leagues:

IMG_0333.jpg

I think you can order it from amazon.co.jp, though if you're going to order anything from Japan I'd go for the Leicester commemorative magazine I posted a few pages from a couple of weeks ago: (ignore the berk who's given it a two star review. Probably a Spurs fan. It's a bargain at twice the price).

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E5%B2%A1%E5%B4%8E%E6%85%8E%E5%8F%B8%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%83%9F%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B0%E5%84%AA%E5%8B%9D%E8%A8%98%E5%BF%B5%E5%8F%B7-2016%E5%B9%B4-21-%E9%9B%91%E8%AA%8C-%E3%82%B5%E3%83%83%E3%82%AB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%80%E3%82%A4%E3%82%B8%E3%82%A7%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88/dp/B00F0D22NU/ref=pd_sim_14_6?ie=UTF8&dpID=51Jh%2Bh2U3VL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR125%2C160_&refRID=1QXMJY0XKRM6FBVKKYP3

• Like 2

Here's some more from that World Soccer Digest  review of the European season:

Player / young player / manager of the year in the top leagues:

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0330.jpg

That's Saul Niguez above

IMG_0329.jpg

Team of the season:

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

Any similar coverage in Europe? I'm thinking Onze, Kicker, Guerin Sportivo. Would love to see some Leicester coverage from the ones I used to buy back in the 80s.

• Like 1

everyone was saying 'What a hilarious goal!', 'Why do you always score goals like that!?'  Suddenly Ranieri turned serious. "It's nothing to laugh at. That's Shinji's strong point."

Vardy's goal for England is being descibed in the Japanese media as 'dorokusai'  (泥臭い) - which is how they usually describe Shinji's 'scruffy' goals. Would love to see Shinji texting Vardy saying something like 'what a hilarious goal!'

• Like 2