Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Okazaki interviews, comments and pictures from the Japanese media

I've got some really stupid questions for our Japan-based crew:

When Okazaki is called a "Samurai," is that because that's a nickname of his back in Japan, or is that a way of saying he's a Japan national team (Samurai blue) player (similarly, like when Mahrez is called a "fennec").

Is the "shin" part of Shinji related in any way to shinobi ("ninja")? Because if it is, then "The Shinobi" would be an awesome nickname for our man from Japan.

I think this is absolutely fantastic this thread and find it really interesting what is being said in the Japanese media, so thank you Kushiro and Yuta for keeping us informed. 

Yes, I agree - thank you very much indeed. Fascinating to see media coverage from another culture entirely.

When Okazaki is called a "Samurai," is that because that's a nickname of his back in Japan, or is that a way of saying he's a Japan national team (Samurai blue) player (similarly, like when Mahrez is called a "fennec").

Is the "shin" part of Shinji related in any way to shinobi ("ninja")? Because if it is, then "The Shinobi" would be an awesome nickname for our man from Japan.

Wait a moment!!

”Samurai”

It's called Samurai Blue's member.

But when Japanese player goes out to foreign countries, it's called so.

There is no deep meaning in particular.

”Shinobi”

No

Kanji is 岡崎慎司(Okazaki Shinji) and 忍(Shinobi)

Shinobi used only 忍者(ninja) or忍び足(Meaning slowly walk)

忍(Shinobi) is a thing which is rarely used for Women's name.

But it's outlines called ”Shinobu”

If Japanese at foreign countries, both are called, but there are no problems in particular.

Is it all right with such response?

English is difficult..._(:3 」∠)_

• Like 1

”Samurai”

It's called Samurai Blue's member.

But when Japanese player goes out to foreign countries, it's called so.

There is no deep meaning in particular.

”Shinobi”

No

Kanji is 岡崎慎司(Okazaki Shinji) and 忍(Shinobi)

Shinobi used only 忍者(ninja) or忍び足(Meaning slowly walk)

忍(Shinobi) is a thing which is rarely used for Women's name.

But it's outlines called ”Shinobu”

If Japanese at foreign countries, both are called, but there are no problems in particular.

Is it all right with such response?

English is difficult..._(:3 」∠)_

I think I understand better now; your English was good. Thanks for your explanation. :)

So, the "Samurai" thing is like what I thought it was.

And for names, while some kanji have the same sound, they have different meanings... So it's not just how a name "sounds," but also how it "looks" that tells you what it means?

I have seen the women's name "Shinobu" before--the women's international player Shinobu Ohno, of course.

I think I understand better now; your English was good. Thanks for your explanation. :)

So, the "Samurai" thing is like what I thought it was.

And for names, while some kanji have the same sound, they have different meanings... So it's not just how a name "sounds," but also how it "looks" that tells you what it means?

I have seen the women's name "Shinobu" before--the women's international player Shinobu Ohno, of course.

sorry.

I study English more...

慎司(Shinji)'s name meaning?

”Shin” meaning ”refrain” and ”care another thing”

”ji” meaning ”Thoroughness about thing”

O...okay?

• Like 1