Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Okazaki interviews, comments and pictures from the Japanese media

Not from the Japanese media, but as a hobby I do artwork. Trying to do one for each City game this season, and Shinji is the subject of #2.

post-23297-0-92628600-1439934475.jpg

Gorgeous, Gornik.

Gornik is from the club Gornik Zabrze, right? Great name for a club - the miners of Zabrze. By the way, Kushiro is the only place left in Japan with an underground coal mine.   

Autumn is widely considered to be the most beautiful season for most areas in Japan, but early September may be a tad hot and humid by UK standards. An ancient saying here tells us that the summer heat lasts no longer than the autumnal equinox, and seems to hold true even with the climate change in the last decade. Last wk of September to October may be a better bet in the Tokyo area, give and take a few weeks depending on whether you want to go north or south.

If you do consider a visit during autumn, do watch out for the typhoons: they have a tendency to delay flights.

Have to admit it was a tad humid when I visited, but it wasn't anything unbearable. Could spend all day walking around Tokyo just fine.

Not from the Japanese media, but as a hobby I do artwork. Trying to do one for each City game this season, and Shinji is the subject of #2.

That's great mate. Have you got your own thread for these? Would be good to be able to track them over the season

If you plan visiting Japan (great place/great people by the way)then to acclimatize yourself to Japanese

Hotel rooms, suggest you sleep in a broom cupboard for a views nights with your suitcase before departing.

Good preparation for what you will encounter.

For best weather suggest October through to end of April.

Best Asian Country to visit by a Country mile and not that expensive nowadays.

Many people have commented on here that they like the look of the Chinese characters in Shinji's name. So, for any banner makers, graffiti artists, tifo designers, tattoo lovers, or people who just like scribbling on the back of thier maths book, here's a guide to how to write his name. The characers are complicated, but the guides below tell you stroke by stroke how to do it.

There are four charcaters in his name: 

岡   oka

崎  =     zaki

慎  =    shin

司     =    ji

So, let's start with oka (It's always surname first in Japanese.)

Here'the character:

And here's how to write it (apologies for the old style scissors cut and paste)

post-23297-0-14349900-1440055049_thumb.j

Edited by kushiro
  • Like 1

Kushiro, am I right in thinking you are from Leicester? You write like English is your mother tongue so did you learn Japanese, or did you grow up bilingual?

If you learnt Japanese, how difficult was it? I've learnt a few phrases from Japanese people I've met, but to actually learn how to read and write in such a different way must have taken a long time.

Kushiro, am I right in thinking you are from Leicester? You write like English is your mother tongue so did you learn Japanese, or did you grow up bilingual?

If you learnt Japanese, how difficult was it? I've learnt a few phrases from Japanese people I've met, but to actually learn how to read and write in such a different way must have taken a long time.

Yeah - born in Leicester, but I've lived here for 12 years (see my new member introduction).

Speaking Japanese is not so difficult if you spend a bit of time here. Reading is a bit more difficult because you have to learn 2,000 characters. It all depends on your attitude. Personally I found it a really exciting challenge, and the characters themselves I think are kind of magical.

I'll give you an example:

This character means 'cow': 

This character, made up of three cows, means 'press around, crush around or mill around' :

犇  

The meaning is exactly the feeling of being surrounded by cows!

• Like 4

I said the fans would love him. Works his arse off. Loved his 1980s arm pump celebration

I love little observations like that - the 1980s arm pump. You're so right! I've been going crazy trying to think of which 80s player did that. All I came up with was this. Can anyone do better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ipuxn1x6GM8

Are those ratings (offense, defense, etc.) out of 20?

Max of 20

For example ”LEGEND RARE” Zidane is

Offence 18

Defence 10

Technique 20

power 18

speed 15

stamina 16

Total is 97

Messi is crazy

Offense 20

Defence 6