Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kushiro

Okazaki interviews, comments and pictures from the Japanese media

Yuta

What sort of presence does LCFC have in Japan now?

I know that the signing was big news out there and i also know that the club are looking to engage the fans and market in the Far East but it would be interesting to hear if the clubs presence has increased at all?

I went to an Urawa Red Diamonds game in April last year wearing a Leicester shirt with Abe on the back and I got noticed by a fair few people, shaking my hand and just being very smiley and pleasant in general, my mate on the other hand was wearing a forest shirt and turned no heads whatsoever. This was pre Premier League, I can imagine our exposure over there has only increased, especially now.

Can't wait to go back in a few years time, if you ever get the chance to go to Japan, GO, it's an incredible place!

September

Autumn is widely considered to be the most beautiful season for most areas in Japan, but early September may be a tad hot and humid by UK standards. An ancient saying here tells us that the summer heat lasts no longer than the autumnal equinox, and seems to hold true even with the climate change in the last decade. Last wk of September to October may be a better bet in the Tokyo area, give and take a few weeks depending on whether you want to go north or south.

If you do consider a visit during autumn, do watch out for the typhoons: they have a tendency to delay flights.

Haha, babs. Try to go around Hanami, which (forgive me if I'm wrong) is the Japanese festival which occurs when the cherry trees blossom. It's very beautiful and the people LOVE IT! It's around the end of April I think.

Yes.So good.

I love Japan, I stayed in Osaka for a few days back in 2000 on a stop over between Australia and the UK, and had a didgeridoo that i'd bought in Oz. Had to unwrap it for the Japanese customs and try to play it (which I can't) before they let me though. Happy days.

Edited by separator

I love Japan, I stayed in Osaka for a few days back in 2000 on a stop over between Australia and the UK, and had a didgeridoo that i'd bought in Oz. Had to unwrap it for the Japanese customs and try to play it (which I can't) before they let me though. Happy days.

They asked you to play it?? That's hilarious. You had a better time with Japanese customs than Paul McCartney. They found a huge bag of dope in his bag and slung him in a cell for 10 days.  Apparently he passed the time having Beatles singalongs with the yakuza toughs.

Gary Neville names Shinji Okazaki as his signing of the season so far

Read more at http://www.squawka.com/news/gary-neville-names-shinji-okazaki-as-his-signing-of-the-season-so-far/443214#F0EAJQoc1Hj7fd0W.99

So he missed the opening weekend saw the highlights of some games from last weekend and proclaimed Okazaki the signing of the season so far.

One word: In depth

Edited by Captain...