Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Leicester's internationals 2015/16

Following our title win, Japan's media have all been focusing on Shinji in the build up to today's game. They've been using the word 凱旋 (gaisen) a lot -  'triumphal return'.

It's his 101st cap and he needs two goals for 50.

Kick-off in five minutes.

Cross from the right, he timed his run perfectly to stay onside and nodded in from six yards.

Great atmosphere - all chanting 'Okazaki get goal'. The stadium is not so disimilar to the futuristic design being discussed on another thread. Google 'toyota stadium' and you'll see what I mean. Really steep stands, everyone close to the pitch.

That puts Shinji on 5 interntional goal while at Leicester. That's the record, right?

Quick check on Harry Panayiotou - he's on seven?! When did that happen?!

Quick check - he scored his sixth in March and his seventh on Wednesday against Suriname.  But is he still on loan at Raith? And if so, does that mean he's not on seven, but four, or five, or six?  I can't work it out.

What is the Japan team looking like? Full strength? I have them as the last leg of a multi worth $200

The drinks are on you. Japan are 3 up. Kagawa has scored twice. Japan are really playing well - anything to do with the absence of Honda? (the Japanese Rooney?)

That puts Shinji on 5 interntional goal while at Leicester. That's the record, right?

Quick check on Harry Panayiotou - he's on seven?! When did that happen?!

Quick check - he scored his sixth in March and his seventh on Wednesday against Suriname.  But is he still on loan at Raith? And if so, does that mean he's not on seven, but four, or five, or six?  I can't work it out.

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/panayiotou-continues-fine-form-for-st.-kitts-3132539.aspx

OS counts it as 7 while playing for Leicester

Not sure how we will plug the massive gap left behind when Dodoo goes.

Dodoo might have plugged the gap for a few games without Schluup and Mahrez, even if just a spot on the bench, it's one less option we have.

Schmeichel bored to death in a Danish 4-0 rout of Bulgaria, but still yelling at teammates when Bulgaria got a bit to close...:)  The Tottenham Dane Eriksen shined with a hattrick though....

Shinji's playing for Japan against Bosnia now. Just kicked off.  Did anyone notice how 'Leicester' his goal was the other night? The left-footed cross from just outside the box, the perfectly timed run to meet it on the edge of the six yard box. Just like Vardy's goals against Chelsea and Everton. The one against Chelsea drove Mourinho crazy, didn't it? He said after the match 'I told them the four ways Leicester score goals and still they didn't listen!'. That was about the last thing he siad as Chelsea boss. Whoops - I'm supposed to be watching this match not waffling on. Honda and Kagawa are both injured so Okazaki's the star player tonight.

Team Austria (with Christian Fuchs) are departing to France today, the last two friendles were somewhat disappointing, as Malta were only beat 2-1 (David Alaba with a freak own-goal; Fuchs was left on the bench) and the last test, against the Netherlands, ended in a 2-0 defeat at home in Vienna, with Fuchs playing the full 90 minutes.

Still, the squad will be in high spirits and look forward to the tournament as one of the few dark horses.

Archived