Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
queensguardfox

Where Will Nigel Pearson Go Next?

we had people thinking we were in for klopp too lol, and a few thought we were gonna get ancelotti :D

i think Pearson would fit into most clubs because whatever is there now he'd slowly take apart and put something better in place. when he came here we were "big spending leicester" full of "mercenaries" etc, but over 3/4 years he turned us into a team full of bargains who'd die for each other and himself.

it'd take him a while at any of those clubs, the one thing they all have in common is he'd need a whole new playing squad because they are all awful and none of them would stand a chance under NP. like I said no offence but hope you go down, and like you said if/when you do it'll actually give you a chance to fully start over rather than keep trying to patch up the general patheticness of the club.

Sunderland fans not too keen

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/nigel-pearson.1142018/

And that's just the first page :o

interesting to read some of the quotes and how they dont want him because of his track record, only managed to keep us up , lost most of our games What bloody planet are they on.!

They are total crap and are as good as down with players who couldnt give a toss anyway. NP would be the perfect answer in clearing deadwood and galvanising the club. He is made for it

we had people thinking we were in for klopp too lol, and a few thought we were gonna get ancelotti :D

i think Pearson would fit into most clubs because whatever is there now he'd slowly take apart and put something better in place. when he came here we were "big spending leicester" full of "mercenaries" etc, but over 3/4 years he turned us into a team full of bargains who'd die for each other and himself.

it'd take him a while at any of those clubs, the one thing they all have in common is he'd need a whole new playing squad because they are all awful and none of them would stand a chance under NP. like I said no offence but hope you go down, and like you said if/when you do it'll actually give you a chance to fully start over rather than keep trying to patch up the general patheticness of the club.

on that note we can both strangely agree on! I'm going to stick £20 on NP as our next boss at 9/1 with William Hill, great odds I reckon and fingers crossed he comes!

Amazed at the number of people saying "Pearson is not an impact manager". He came here when the club, the squad and the supporters were in the depths of despair, and he got us promoted, with a record number of points, at the first attempt. Aside from Man City, what other "never been in the third tier" team has done that? Villa? Florist? Leeds? And he's not an impact manager?

An impact manager as I understand it is someone who can come in and immediately improve results. Pulis being the obvious example.

It took Pearson two and a half years to get us promoted and a further three quarters of a season to make us competitive in the premier league. That's over three years in total.

If he goes to Sunderland, he has to do the same within a couple of months otherwise they'll be relegated. Whether relegation might be good for Sunderland is up for debate (personally I don't think being relegated is very often a good way to progress), but the point is that if they want to avoid relegation this year, they need someone capable of making an immediate impact and Pearson perhaps isn't that man.

on that note we can both strangely agree on! I'm going to stick £20 on NP as our next boss at 9/1 with William Hill, great odds I reckon and fingers crossed he comes!

Fancy putting that on myself, he will get things moving in the right direction there, clear out the dross and mercenaries and replace them with commited quality players. It took him a while to adjust to this league and even so we were never really outplayed, but once he got things right we looked unstoppable... that momentum he gave us is still carrying through to this season.

That momentum plus the useful addition of a far superior overall manager in Ranieri, of course lol

Ranieri is far more experienced at the top level, he knows when to change things and what doesn't work... Pearson only had his first season at this level and did get it wrong between the win over United and December.... but he changed it and got us out. He is intelligent and is always growing as a manager, Sunderland will inherit I guy that has now gained that first season at this level, still young and now comes with top level knowledge... He knows how to manage players and exactly what is needed to sort a side out like Sunderland

Ranieri is far more experienced at the top level, he knows when to change things and what doesn't work... Pearson only had his first season at this level and did get it wrong between the win over United and December.... but he changed it and got us out. He is intelligent and is always growing as a manager, Sunderland will inherit I guy that has now gained that first season at this level, still young and now comes with top level knowledge... He knows how to manage players and exactly what is needed to sort a side out like Sunderland

He's approaching his mid 50s, the same age as Jose Mourinho so he isn't really what I'd call a young manager, but you're right, Pearson should be a better manager for the experience he got here. I'm still unconvinced that he has what it takes to turn Sunderland around this season though.

He's approaching his mid 50s, the same age as Jose Mourinho so he isn't really what I'd call a young manager, but you're right, Pearson should be a better manager for the experience he got here. I'm still unconvinced that he has what it takes to turn Sunderland around this season though.

Mid 50's for a manager is young, he still has another 10-15 years

Sunderland fan here - I'd take Pearson all day long. Some of the posters on here have got it right, we need as a club to get relegated and get rid of the rotten core that is at our club, an overpaid core of largely average players who don't really start performing until mid-March every year.

Problem is, I'm absolutely certain Sunderland will stay up. 3 seasons in a row now we haven't won a game in August and September, the slow starts are nothing new, and we are normally adrift by greater gaps than 5 points in February.

For our club to progress, we need to build a new regime from the Championship and get used to a winning mentality again. From the championship somebody like Pearson would do a great job IMO. I'm just absolutely not as certain as the fans of the 19 other premier league clubs, that Sunderland will take a relegation spot. We will stay up with a game to go, spend a lot of money on more average players in the summer, start slowly, get a new manager in around January, start to pick up form in March - eat, sleep, repeat. As fans we are at the point now where we couldn't care less. Pearson would be as good a shout as anyone to change that cycle, but to do that in the Premier League is a mammoth task.

I'm surprised you're that certain. It was pretty surprising you beat the drop last year and 2013/14 was nothing short of incredible. Surely you think eventually the comeback just isn't going to happen and that you're going to drop?

Id be the opposite. Im absolutely certain Sunderland will go down.

Theyll go down even quicker if they appoint a manager thats seemingly hated as well.

They need someone who will get everyone together and rally everyone and have a big impact.

Sure, the long term future would be better with Pearson.

But fans should expect things to probably get worse before they get better if he has to ship players out and get his own ones in.

I'm surprised you're that certain. It was pretty surprising you beat the drop last year and 2013/14 was nothing short of incredible. Surely you think eventually the comeback just isn't going to happen and that you're going to drop?

no, I'm sure we'll stay up. there are much worse squads (squads - not teams) in this league who will suffer post xmas when injuries and suspensions hit. We'll spend again enough to just about keep us afloat. There's also the new manager effect that happens every season without fail, we will gain wins with a new man in charge that we wouldn't if we didn't change.

The season that we stop the terrible self-preservation attitude of getting rid of our manager (as if that was the problem) will be the season that we eventually get relegated. It won't be this season - don't mistake that for me being delusional, I'm just saying it how (for a Sunderland fan) it is in my opinion. When they really need the results, the players will sadly respond then.

no, I'm sure we'll stay up. there are much worse squads (squads - not teams) in this league who will suffer post xmas when injuries and suspensions hit. We'll spend again enough to just about keep us afloat. There's also the new manager effect that happens every season without fail, we will gain wins with a new man in charge that we wouldn't if we didn't change.

The season that we stop the terrible self-preservation attitude of getting rid of our manager (as if that was the problem) will be the season that we eventually get relegated. It won't be this season - don't mistake that for me being delusional, I'm just saying it how (for a Sunderland fan) it is in my opinion. When they really need the results, the players will sadly respond then.

I'd agree with you if you were comfortably beating the drop, but you aren't, you are scraping by by the skin of your teeth every single year. I cannot see it as sustainable no matter how many times it happens.

I honestly think in the long-term you would be better off getting relegated if it's the only thing that's going to pretty much force your hand into revamping the squad. I get that you could end up doing a Leeds or a Sheffield Wednesday, but you could do a West Ham - new manager, new approach, new group players and you're back in the Premier League, and actually have some conviction in your survival.

I don't see three worse teams than Sunderland in the league, even with injuries considered. I'd back Bournemouth to beat you even now.

I'm surprised people are still concerned nigel would poach our staff if he gets the sunderland job. At leicester you've got a club that is financially stable, pushing for progress but not rushed for time on it. Would you really give that up for the sinking ship of sunderland? The on-field performance is bad, and behind the scenes who knows what the owner plans on doing. Why give up a good gig to risk relegation and/or the sack?

I'd agree with you if you were comfortably beating the drop, but you aren't, you are scraping by by the skin of your teeth every single year. I cannot see it as sustainable no matter how many times it happens.

I honestly think in the long-term you would be better off getting relegated if it's the only thing that's going to pretty much force your hand into revamping the squad. I get that you could end up doing a Leeds or a Sheffield Wednesday, but you could do a West Ham - new manager, new approach, new group players and you're back in the Premier League, and actually have some conviction in your survival.

I don't see three worse teams than Sunderland in the league, even with injuries considered. I'd back Bournemouth to beat you even now.

I absolutely agree it would be the best thing for us. We need to get relegated. We escape each season by not performing until we need to, hence why it's by the skin of our teeth. Albeit, we've always been safe before the final game, so I guess it's not as dramatic or as close as some of the escapes that Coventry City and Wigan have had in the past.

We look poor at the minute. I think we're still 14th-17th material, and I guess time will tell on that. Maybe you will be right, we'll finish in the bottom 3 and go down this season. I strangely hope you are right and manage to do as you say 'a West Ham'. But in my opinion, we will stay up with a game to go yet again, after battling it out at the finish line with Norwich, Bournmouth, Watford, WBA, Aston Villa, and Newcastle. I don't think the clubs that came up this year are particularly strong this season, and I'm expecting the inexperience of Bournmouth and Watford will be their downfall. Norwich have fought and lost their most recent PL status battle (head to head with us) but that experience will be an advantage against the other two. What a crazy game it is...

Archived